Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Apr 13, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #1,156 of 9,086
there are few cables terminated with 2pins housing. kz zsn and new kz zs10pro use that kind of termination, so you could search "zsn cable"; but the results are cheap cables (kz, jc ally, xltrade..). you can also search for QDC or anole at lunashops (4 cables available, atm), or at aliexpress.
you can use any other 2pins termination (0.75mm, or even 0.78mm probably), although the connection won't be as secure as with 2 pins housing, and the result will be longer.
edit: guess cables for some tfz also works, if the size of the cavity matches with qdc.
this cable, for example, isn't bad (i've just received it):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-78mm-MMCX-IE80-IM-Connector/32964307166.html
or
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8-S...Earphone-Headset-2-5mm-3-5mm/32965501955.html

edit2: about polarity, the only way to ensure is using cables where QDC shows in their description. otherwise, look for straight plugs with no ear guides (well, ear guides can be removed or remolded)

perfect thank you :)

Apr 13, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #1,157 of 9,086
Anyone tried this cable?

$70 sounds awfully cheap for 100% pure silver

CE1DAC45-E231-4B65-911B-D32481C863D6.png

Apr 13, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #1,158 of 9,086
Original silver cable:
L 110mR
R 90mR

Capacitance 260pF

Oxygen Upgrade 5N OCC cable:

L 56mR
R 58mR

Capacitance 280pF
I measured the Tanchjim cable and posted it in the O2 thread, but thought y'all might appreciate the data :)

Apr 14, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #1,161 of 9,086
Anyone have any sound impressions on the ISN C16 cable? Perhaps against an EA Ares II?

Have seen some post pics and that they received it but no sound impressions so far, unless I missed it?

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #1,164 of 9,086
Anyone have any sound impressions on the ISN C16 cable? Perhaps against an EA Ares II?

Have seen some post pics and that they received it but no sound impressions so far, unless I missed it?
I can give you some impressions, but please take what I say with a grain of salt, because there are variables involved which must be factored into the equation. First, I dont have the EA Ares II, so I cant compare to it; I can only compare to the Lyre cable which came stock with my Kanas Pro. The Lyre sounds really great on it's own, but I wanted a 2.5mm balanced to run from my Fiio Q1MK2. So, right off the bat, no matter what, there is a difference in single ended vs. balanced. More power from balanced output makes a difference right there, so trying to make a fair comparison is more of an apples to oranges sort if thing. Balanced with more power coming from the dac/amp vs single ended from the lower powered 3.5 output. After about 10-12 hours with the C16 though; here are my thoughts:
So far, I have not noticed any significant difference compared to the Lyre in the bass. That's not a bad thing because the Lyre is already great in that area. Plenty of sub bass and slam with both on my KPE. The mid bass, upper bass, and mids seems to have a bit more body and warmth with the C16, but not giving up the definition, giving the fairly neutral KPE a more enjoyable sound and makes vocals sound more lifelike. Treble is also a bit smoother and a bit less sharp to me compared to the Lyre, but the C16 doesn't get in the way of the details by doing this. It just helps in making brighter recordings sound less strident and easier to listen to. Where the C16 is very noticeably better, is in the imaging and soundstage. There is a much better sense of separation between instruments and voices and a bigger sense of space. The width of the soundstage is bigger and extends outside either side of my head; the depth is also improved. These last two things actually shocked me because the KPE was already exceptional just with the stock cable. The C16 just made things even wider and deeper sounding. Then again, I can't be certain that all of this isn't just a result of using the balanced output of the Fiio, which has about 50% more power than the single ended out. Either way, the C16 looks killer and feels great. To me, it was worth the $60 I paid just for the looks and build quality alone. The fact that it sounds great is icing on the cake.

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #1,165 of 9,086
Off topic - I am using Loctite 243 on my loose cable plug threads is there any other better solution available ?

When you say loose cable threads, do you mean the threads on the body of a 3.5mm plug?

You could try 2-part epoxy if you want a permanent solution.

Also, Loctite 263 is even stronger than 243. It requires a heat gun to remove however. Super strong stuff though.

D4D06CE3-7F9A-4F1E-91EA-C306515EF07D.png

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #1,169 of 9,086
Where the C16 is very noticeably better, is in the imaging and soundstage

This is attributed to the much lower crosstalk you get with balanced output. It's not because of the cable. Treble smoothness and warmth (sometimes tonality, depending on the IEM) is the main thing you will hear with the pure copper C16 cable. :)

Apr 15, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #1,170 of 9,086
added measurements and comments of cables 160 and 161 (acrolink), to my list.
superb conductivity, clean sound at similar level than top cables of my list (copper version, which i prefer to silver plated version in this case).
expectations are satisfied.
they don't have chin slider, but you can add it at your own. i use an o-ring, or a silicon tube:

(details of cables 160, 161, 125, and 133 copper)

How the hell did I miss this post?! Was waiting anxiously for the report on the Acrolink cables. Great to see see such good measurement results. For me it's between this (ref 160) and the GUCraftsman spc cable (ref 133). Could you offer more comments on connector quality and cable ergonomics? How do they compare in terms of softness, thickness, microphonics, general comfort around the ear? Could you please post more side-by-side pics, with some details of the connectors? Any direct impressions on sound differences between these two? Thanks a lot!

Have been running in my 160 for 3days already.
I'm not sure if it's due to PCOCC or what....this cable sounded more detail and transparent. I didn't expect a cable to be able do that. Maybe all the while I've been using sub par ones :)
It's a good match with e4000.
Only complain is the very stiff heat shield at the mmcx. Can't get a good seal if you're out and about. I removed them.
Great quality connectors.
Good buy and thanks for the recommendation hakuzen!

Thanks for the report. Are you happy with the comfort?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back