Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 8, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #421 of 9,185
i've not tried it myself. and don't remember who told me that about this cable.
but you can check the size of the adapter plugs: long in the jack side (the angle is at around 2cm of the source socket), long in the wire side. it's big.
guess you won't get issues if you take care of it, or if used at desktop. as portable, it's not ideal.
the expensive version has smaller plugs, but heck, it's 2x the price.
I see. Well it's a good cable right ?
Let's just think about it...

Jan 9, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #424 of 9,185
it looks like the wire used in cable 115 in my list. but i can't confirm it.
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=5932
it says pure silver, but guess it's spc.
if that was the wire used, you can find 4 cores version cable cheaper (8 cores in reality, because they use the shield layer and the interior sleeved layer of each core).

yes, that's a good spc wire (check 130, 131,, and 132 cables in my list).
but someone told that those big angled jacks were a bit stressing for the sockets.

my list.

At first, looking at that wire on luna indeed looked similar to the DMG's, including the shielding that would have been used as the ground.
but they measured it there with a caliper and theirs is 1.59mm. I just measured mine on the DMG and it's 1.72mm. So I think it might be a different one.

Also I want to praise the work you have done.This is very impressive and much appreciated. Thank you and thank everyone in this thread.
Talking about ergonomics of a cable is important as well and tbh is usually my first concern when buying a cable and this is a great thread to find this out. I hope you guys keep mentioning how soft a cable you receive is, how annoying it can be using it etc...

BTW my measurement for the andromeda cable are L+ 0.6, R+ 0.6, L- 0.6, R- 0.6 ohms
the DMG cable is L+ 0.5,R+ 0.5, L-0.8, R- 0.8 ohms

I have no idea how you get such low values on most cables you measure, I am using a regular multimeter though not the same battery resistance device you use that is probably more accurate

Jan 9, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #425 of 9,185
At first, looking at that wire on luna indeed looked similar to the DMG's, including the shielding that would have been used as the ground.
but they measured it there with a caliper and theirs is 1.59mm. I just measured mine on the DMG and it's 1.72mm. So I think it might be a different one.

Also I want to praise the work you have done.This is very impressive and much appreciated. Thank you and thank everyone in this thread.
Talking about ergonomics of a cable is important as well and tbh is usually my first concern when buying a cable and this is a great thread to find this out. I hope you guys keep mentioning how soft a cable you receive is, how annoying it can be using it etc...

BTW my measurement for the andromeda cable are L+ 0.6, R+ 0.6, L- 0.6, R- 0.6 ohms
the DMG cable is L+ 0.5,R+ 0.5, L-0.8, R- 0.8 ohms

I have no idea how you get such low values on most cables you measure, I am using a regular multimeter though not the same battery resistance device you use that is probably more accurate
thank you so much for the compliments and for your measurements.
i started using a resistance tester for vaping devices and coils (it had to be near 0.01ohms resolution; measures from 0 to 3ohms). then got a full multimeter (UNI-T UT61E) which has 0.01ohms resolution for this range.
you have to subtract the resistance of your multimeter leads (you get it by touching one lead with the other lead) or to use REL feature if available.
ended using the battery resistance device, which is even more accurate, and doesn't need to subtract leads resistance (comfortable).
but even subtracting, we usually don't get low resistance from stock cables.

Jan 9, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #428 of 9,185
Hi all, can someone recommended a cheapish cable for the Final Audio e4000? Thanks in advance.

Fiio LC-3.5B MMCX cable will do the trick.

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #430 of 9,185
Jan 9, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #431 of 9,185
He does say a wire can affect volume level which I can understand why that would sound better to some people. I have multiple versions of the same tracks because they came from difference sources. Say that one has +.2db more than the other; if you're switching back and forth between the two listening for differences, the louder one may easily sound "better" even if it is just an amplification difference.

Jan 9, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #433 of 9,185
upload_2019-1-10_7-16-33.png

Jan 10, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #435 of 9,185

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back