1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!

First

Back
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
Next

Last
  1. courierdriver
    Thanks for the links! I'll take my chances with Ali anyday, compared to Drop. Btw, thanks for all the effort you have put into this cable thread. Thanks to you, I bought a ISN Audio C16 copper cable for my Kanas Pro. Not sure what number it is (I'm easily befuddled by numeric titles...real company/brand names and models are easier for me to understand), but I bought and love it. Many thanks, and I appreciate all the hard work you have gone through to evaluate and measure this vast assortment of cables, as I'm sure everyone else has, who have looked to this thread for cable advice.

2. hakuzen
    yw,
    i appreciate your (and everyone's) kind words. resulting useful is very comforting, and explicit recognition from all you helps me to feel great. thank you all!

3. Slater
    I concur. So much thanks goes out to @hakuzen and @Dsnuts!

4. rendyG
    Well, I didn't have a chance to directly compare 130 to any other 2pin balanced cable (I had only KPE + TSMR with their stock cables) so I can't say if the improvement came from switching to balanced or better cable (I believe that BAL vs SE makes a bigger difference). But from my previous experience with SPC cables, I expected leaner bass and/or sharper highs, but I would say this cable is quite balanced as it presents good stage and air while maintaining some warmth. Anyway, TSMR isn't the iem I'd pick for evaluating soundstage, my FH5 is much more spacey and better separated, but.. it has mmcx :D

5. teecee5
  6. hakuzen
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
  7. hakuzen
    thank you so much, master @Slater . i really appreciate it, coming from the most helpful and patient head-fier, thanks for your permanent kind support to everyone.
    and thanks to @Dsnuts for creating this thread and contributing with so many cables.
    i'll do some serious listening round-up of cables with the right music to discern sound differences and make a ranking, .. when i get the time for it..

8. Dsnuts Contributor
    This thread exists because of a need to figure out these much more affordable offerings that gets ignored otherwise. Hakuzen did all the work to figure out the cables I am just posting what I hear from them.

So a fellow headfier and a seasoned vet at the game for a long time sent me a PM to tell me about how he was involved in a tour of some very high end cables. Boutique cables exist because people buy them and no knock on what one spends in the hobby but he has flat out told me he doesn't find the cost of these boutique cables to be worth the price increase over the cables we discover on this thread. This is something I already knew but coming from a guy that owns too many phones and cables to count. That is saying something.

Cables can be a hot topic among enthusiasts but who doesn't want the best sound and looks from your favorite iem? Cables have definitely come a long way and I feel cables will continue to evolve and will continue to get better for your hard earned cash.

Keep up the good work fellas and post your cable buys.

Carlsan, fokta, courierdriver and 2 others like this.
  9. teecee5
    hakuzen likes this.
  10. BadReligionPunk
    No word on the nicehck LZ A6 cable? Got one for 30 space bucks last sale and I got to say I am impressed. Light and super flexible. Great looking hardware too. Got the 2.5 balanced for my semkarch cnt1.

IMG_20190429_164346.jpg

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    hakuzen likes this.
  11. candlejack
    Hallelujah, Customs released my Acrolink. Now praying it arrives before the weekend.

fokta likes this.
  12. rendyG
    Any suggestions where to buy connectors for Audio Technica IM02? I want to make a cable myself, as there are not many to choose from and I already have all I need except the proprietary connector :D
    Yesterday I found one shop on ali where they were selling all connectors at one place (mmcx, 2pin, audio technica, sennheiser 2pin..), but I accidentaly deleted it from my wish list :frowning2:

13. Dsnuts Contributor
    Take a look at www.lunashops.com They will have connectors you can buy for the IM02

rendyG likes this.
  14. teecee5
    Do you have a shopping link?

15. BadReligionPunk
First

Back
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
Next

Last