Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
May 1, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #1,291 of 9,165
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2Pin-0-78mm-to-MMCX-Mini-Earphone-Cable-Adapter/32973167245.html (this is penon version, you can find them there, plastic of one of the mmcx->2pin adapters, transparent, cracked, but still working)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/0-7...e-se535-SE846-MMCX-converter/32829157980.html (this is from lunashops, you can find them there; a bit longer adapters)
Thanks for the links! I'll take my chances with Ali anyday, compared to Drop. Btw, thanks for all the effort you have put into this cable thread. Thanks to you, I bought a ISN Audio C16 copper cable for my Kanas Pro. Not sure what number it is (I'm easily befuddled by numeric titles...real company/brand names and models are easier for me to understand), but I bought and love it. Many thanks, and I appreciate all the hard work you have gone through to evaluate and measure this vast assortment of cables, as I'm sure everyone else has, who have looked to this thread for cable advice.

May 2, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #1,292 of 9,165
Thanks for the links! I'll take my chances with Ali anyday, compared to Drop. Btw, thanks for all the effort you have put into this cable thread. Thanks to you, I bought a ISN Audio C16 copper cable for my Kanas Pro. Not sure what number it is (I'm easily befuddled by numeric titles...real company/brand names and models are easier for me to understand), but I bought and love it. Many thanks, and I appreciate all the hard work you have gone through to evaluate and measure this vast assortment of cables, as I'm sure everyone else has, who have looked to this thread for cable advice.
yw,
i appreciate your (and everyone's) kind words. resulting useful is very comforting, and explicit recognition from all you helps me to feel great. thank you all!

May 2, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #1,293 of 9,165

I concur. So much thanks goes out to @hakuzen and @Dsnuts!

May 2, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #1,294 of 9,165
Very, nice looking! So, any changes to the sound? Just curious...
Well, I didn't have a chance to directly compare 130 to any other 2pin balanced cable (I had only KPE + TSMR with their stock cables) so I can't say if the improvement came from switching to balanced or better cable (I believe that BAL vs SE makes a bigger difference). But from my previous experience with SPC cables, I expected leaner bass and/or sharper highs, but I would say this cable is quite balanced as it presents good stage and air while maintaining some warmth. Anyway, TSMR isn't the iem I'd pick for evaluating soundstage, my FH5 is much more spacey and better separated, but.. it has mmcx :D

May 2, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #1,295 of 9,165
May 2, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #1,297 of 9,165
I concur. So much thanks goes out to @hakuzen and @Dsnuts!
thank you so much, master @Slater . i really appreciate it, coming from the most helpful and patient head-fier, thanks for your permanent kind support to everyone.
and thanks to @Dsnuts for creating this thread and contributing with so many cables.
i'll do some serious listening round-up of cables with the right music to discern sound differences and make a ranking, .. when i get the time for it..

May 2, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #1,298 of 9,165
This thread exists because of a need to figure out these much more affordable offerings that gets ignored otherwise. Hakuzen did all the work to figure out the cables I am just posting what I hear from them.

So a fellow headfier and a seasoned vet at the game for a long time sent me a PM to tell me about how he was involved in a tour of some very high end cables. Boutique cables exist because people buy them and no knock on what one spends in the hobby but he has flat out told me he doesn't find the cost of these boutique cables to be worth the price increase over the cables we discover on this thread. This is something I already knew but coming from a guy that owns too many phones and cables to count. That is saying something.

Cables can be a hot topic among enthusiasts but who doesn't want the best sound and looks from your favorite iem? Cables have definitely come a long way and I feel cables will continue to evolve and will continue to get better for your hard earned cash.

Keep up the good work fellas and post your cable buys.

May 2, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #1,299 of 9,165
May 2, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #1,300 of 9,165
No word on the nicehck LZ A6 cable? Got one for 30 space bucks last sale and I got to say I am impressed. Light and super flexible. Great looking hardware too. Got the 2.5 balanced for my semkarch cnt1.

IMG_20190429_164346.jpg

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #1,301 of 9,165
Hallelujah, Customs released my Acrolink. Now praying it arrives before the weekend.

May 2, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #1,302 of 9,165
Any suggestions where to buy connectors for Audio Technica IM02? I want to make a cable myself, as there are not many to choose from and I already have all I need except the proprietary connector :D
Yesterday I found one shop on ali where they were selling all connectors at one place (mmcx, 2pin, audio technica, sennheiser 2pin..), but I accidentaly deleted it from my wish list :frowning2:

May 2, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #1,304 of 9,165
No word on the nicehck L6 cable? Got one for 30 space bucks last sale and I got to say I am impressed. Light and super flexible. Great looking hardware too. Got the 2.5 balanced for my semkarch cnt1.

Do you have a shopping link?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back