Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Apr 8, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #1,126 of 9,182
I am trying to figure out which of the better 16 core silver cables have headphone connections for Audeze and newer Hifiman or Focal? Don’t have any IEM’s, so for me I am just looking for the better headphone cables on AliExpress.

Apr 8, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #1,127 of 9,182
I am trying to figure out which of the better 16 core silver cables have headphone connections for Audeze and newer Hifiman or Focal? Don’t have any IEM’s, so for me I am just looking for the better headphone cables on AliExpress.

I was thinking about getting a SPC16 and trying to take apart the connector and soldering it to my D7000 for example...though it’s already got a pretty good 5N OFC cable...you might be able to get David at Triton Audio to retermimate the end for you?

Apr 8, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #1,128 of 9,182
I was thinking about getting a SPC16 and trying to take apart the connector and soldering it to my D7000 for example...though it’s already got a pretty good 5N OFC cable...you might be able to get David at Triton Audio to retermimate the end for you?
Thought about the retermination option but unfortunately it would raise the cost and about time I get them, ship them out, it would be a while before I would have cables ready to use.

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #1,129 of 9,182
I ordered a C16 cable from Pennon on Ali on Feb 20th and it still hasnt arrived. Ive contacted them and they say there is a backup at usps. Usps says online that they are preparing to receive the shipment.

Anyone else had this issue before? I have 9 days to open a dispute.

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #1,130 of 9,182
added measurements and comments of cables 160 and 161 (acrolink), to my list.
superb conductivity, clean sound at similar level than top cables of my list (copper version, which i prefer to silver plated version in this case).
expectations are satisfied.
they don't have chin slider, but you can add it at your own. i use an o-ring, or a silicon tube:
chin_sliders_01.jpg
(details of cables 160, 161, 125, and 133 copper)

Apr 9, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #1,131 of 9,182
I ordered a C16 cable from Pennon on Ali on Feb 20th and it still hasnt arrived. Ive contacted them and they say there is a backup at usps. Usps says online that they are preparing to receive the shipment.

Anyone else had this issue before? I have 9 days to open a dispute.

I ordered 2 cables directly from Penon Audio's website on March 22, and they shipped March 25. I received them yesterday (the 8th).

When I looked up the shipment tracking they were received and processed by USPS in Chicago on March 30, then it took USPS over a week to get them from Chicago to Michigan. Not impressed with USPS.

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #1,132 of 9,182
I ordered 2 cables directly from Penon Audio's website on March 22, and they shipped March 25. I received them yesterday (the 8th).

When I looked up the shipment tracking they were received and processed by USPS in Chicago on March 30, then it took USPS over a week to get them from Chicago to Michigan. Not impressed with USPS.

Yeah mine says: Status Pre-Shipment Origin Post is Preparing Shipment.

Weird thing is that I ordered KZ stars eartips from a seller on ebay and it was shipped with the same carrier. This was ordered after this package and they sent the wrong size. So they sent a replacement of the correct size and those arrived yesterday.

Apr 9, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #1,136 of 9,182
Has anyone else tried the Tanchjim Oxygen Upgrade Cable? I just got mine in and WOW what a difference from the stock cable! It's nicely build, relatively inexpensive and, uniquely, cloth covered. That it can also be found at Penon, who ship with lightning quick ferocity is a major plus in my book!

5N OCC and KILLER looks, too!

TANCHJIMOxygCable3.5-700x700.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #1,140 of 9,182
Do they have the ISN S8 in 3.5mm with mmcx connectors? If so it seems like I may have to wait for that. Seems like my original C16 got lost in the mail so Ill likely get a refund and order S8 for my BGVP DM6.

Think that will be a good match for this IEM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back