Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Oct 23, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #7,219 of 9,182
Thanks for all the help, I ordered a silver AOL cable without earhooks. It looked pretty thin and light. Hopefully it's soft too.
You spent the $200 bucks then. Should be a good cable. I'm with you preferring thin and light cables, however I do like the heat shrink formed earhooks as long as they don't have a wire. Hopefully that ALO cable works out for you.

Oct 23, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #7,220 of 9,182
You spent the $200 bucks then. Should be a good cable. I'm with you preferring thin and light cables, however I do like the heat shrink formed earhooks as long as they don't have a wire. Hopefully that ALO cable works out for you.
No sir, they were 87 and change. I don't think they're pure silver but I don't care. I was more interested in thinness and having no memory sleeves. My ears can't really discern from different cables unless the resistance is unusually high.

Pics

Screenshot_20211023-183242_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211023-183219_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #7,222 of 9,182
I see. Looks exactly like the "Pure Silver Litz" on the ALO site that they state come with the Atlas. So, those should be pure silver. I'd say you got a real good deal then. I was thinking you bought directly from the ALO site which has them for $199 (on sale).

https://www.aloaudio.com/shop/pure-silver-litz/

Sounds cool, yes, these are supposed to be the ones used with the Altus. I just got them because of no ear sleeves and they look pretty thin. Glad I apparently got a good deal.

Oct 30, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #7,224 of 9,182
I just bought Aria last month, my KBear balance cable causing it some noise in some songs
i'm looking for replacement, the options is Tripowin Zonie or Faeeal Hibiscus.
Have anyone tried Zonie?
I have a couple of the Zonie, they're fine, just your basic cable, no bad microphonics or anything. No experience with the other.

Nov 8, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #7,227 of 9,182
I got the XINHIS 4 core graphene cables and they are a great buy IMO. @Dtagonkiva

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #7,228 of 9,182
Hi friends.
I'm an ignorant about cable science and i have a doubt that maybe you can solve me. I'm thinking about buying a cable upgrade for my Meze Empyrean. I've seen on sale the one that Meze builds in silver plated at a price that i could maybe pay, but i have a doubt because it has a 2.5mm termination when all my dacs and amps offer 4.4mm. That means i should use a cable adapter.

And there arrives my doubt, buying a good cable and then using an adapter that could have different characteristics (even if i buy a silver plated copper one) doesn't ruin the sense of buying that cable? I'm afraid about the sound being as good as the one that the weakest element (supposedly the adapter) will provide. In that case i'd prefer searching for a good and non expensive (not more than 200 euros) silver cable ended in 4.4mm, but if my concern doesn't make sense i can solve my hunt with that 2.5 mm on sale...

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Nov 13, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #7,229 of 9,182
Hi friends.
I'm an ignorant about cable science and i have a doubt that maybe you can solve me. I'm thinking about buying a cable upgrade for my Meze Empyrean. I've seen on sale the one that Meze builds in silver plated at a price that i could maybe pay, but i have a doubt because it has a 2.5mm termination when all my dacs and amps offer 4.4mm. That means i should use a cable adapter.

And there arrives my doubt, buying a good cable and then using an adapter that could have different characteristics (even if i buy a silver plated copper one) doesn't ruin the sense of buying that cable? I'm afraid about the sound being as good as the one that the weakest element (supposedly the adapter) will provide. In that case i'd prefer searching for a good and non expensive (not more than 200 euros) silver cable ended in 4.4mm, but if my concern doesn't make sense i can solve my hunt with that 2.5 mm on sale...

Thanks in advance for your answer!
I have a ddHiFi 2.5 Female to 3.5 Male Adapter & Hidizs 2.5 Female to 4.4 Male Adapter both of them altered the sound quality a bit, the Hidizs more than the ddHiFi.

You should be fine as long as the Adapter does not include a cable like the Hidizs adapter does. I suspect that the difference I noticed with the ddHiFi Adapter was because I was forced to listen with the Single Ended Output.

I should mention that I used the Meze Silver Plated Balanced Cable for 99 Classic for the above test. Something like the Emphyrean might be a bit more revealing with the differences.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #7,230 of 9,182
Random question. Im about to get some regular Mogami XLRs but I noticed they don't come labeled or color coded left/right like their RCAs.
Or does that even matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back