1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!

First

Back
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Next

Last
  1. Broquen
    I own NC5v2 and these are really, really good. Vocals sound incredible for me and very natural, and they have best bass definition and body I heard so far (with sub bass a bit emphasized, but very quick). I'm afraid to promote them more only because my lack of experience with other IEMs in this category.

EDIT: Regarding considering these as chi-fi, NCM has already quite experience manufacturing their custom IEMs and are known there because singers and musicians use them. I also think that are becoming more and more popular in Japan.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    superuser1, hakuzen and kingdixon like this.
  2. kaushama
    hakuzen likes this.
  3. CoiL
    hakuzen likes this.
  4. kingdixon
    Awesome , thanks for the detailed reply

5. ForceMajeure
    @CoiL Be aware that this one can be slightly thick it says here that it's ~2mm OD https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...l?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.15.78bd4cf4mvhRgK

since you plan on doing an 8 braid this could be too thick.
    I would advise for a less thick one like this one https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...l?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.23.78bd4cf4mvhRgK

PS: although tbh I am not sure if it will be too thick for your taste. I am looking right now at their 8 core ready made braid and there is a picture from someone that received it in the feedback section
    https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/UTB80HwPmXfJXKJkSamHq6zLyVXab.jpg

hakuzen likes this.
  6. CoiL
    Yeah, I already suspected that and didn`t hit buy button yet. Will probably get 4x3,6m then and do 4-braid.

7. hakuzen
    that wire is 0.04mm*50. if 8 cores, 2cores/signal: 26awg (~185ohms/1.2m). if 4 cores, calculate around double resistance.
    guess you get similar conductivity with their pre-braided 8 cores wire siblings. if they are not much more expensive, you save time and effort of braiding yourself (except if you are really going to enjoy the braid work :wink:

8. CoiL
    Honestly, anything around 0.3Ohm is OK for my desk setup and wont affect SQ noticeably. I just want lighter and softer/flexible cable than my Van Damme XKE Pro Patch and paracord-sleeved one (which is quite microphonic/noisy due to paracord).
    Though, wonder what will happen when I braid 4x thinner silver-plated wire inside it? Will it get less resistance and also don`t get so thick? Dunno...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  9. hakuzen
    you are right. comfort can be a preference over small conductivity differences.
    silver is only slightly more conductive than copper. silver plated vs only copper shouldn't change conductivity in a noticeable way. so the resistance increment associated to thinner wire is the same. but again, lightness and flexibility can compensate the conductivity difference.

10. zeppu08
    Hi! Any recommendation for a good copper cable for the DM6?? And also, whats the difference of pure copper and crystal copper? Which is better?

11. Dsnuts Contributor
    I have this cable on my 12BA earphones. It is better than the pure copper variety that I bought recently. This one is an imported crystal copper variety sold on aliexpress. They are both made well but I ended up liking this once over my other copper cables.
    [​IMG]

You just missed Aliexpress winter sale that had these as cheap as $50. They are going for $64 at the cheapest price and NiceHCK has theirs for $79. Even for $79 this cable is worth the money. If you look you will find it for $64. If I cant post a link here you know why. Crystal Copper. Who knows why they call it that. Maybe due to purity. But Iike what I hear with this cable. Brings the best of pure copper to your BA earphones. Highly recomemended.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    requal, zeppu08 and Broquen like this.
  12. NiVrA
    Hi guys what do you suggest for the IT04 iem?if you could like the ali website that would be great, anyhow I will be pairing it with DX150 + amp8 so 4.4 would be a must...thanks!

13. CoiL
    It means copper molecules structure - single crystal copper: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_crystal#Electrical_conductors

Idk for sure, but You might have been "ripped off" littlebit as I`ve seen exactly same looking cables on AE with less price. But in AE, You never know 100% sure what is what.

Broquen likes this.
  14. Dsnuts Contributor
    Definitely not ripped off. If we are talking about the exact same cables I posted about. Especially on sale recently. It is actually a good deal for that quality. Reason why I am posting about them. The connectors are solid and the cable is fairly supple and not stiff like some copper cables I have dealt with. In all types of terminations. Clean detailed sound from the cable with excellent extension both ends for my earphone.

Worth the money especially for all BA earphones.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    Broquen likes this.
  15. Duffius
    Hi, just looking for an advice,
    Where could I find a (cheap) 7-9mm cable for diy RCA interconnects build.
    Thanks

First

Back
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Next

Last