Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Dec 26, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #3,676 of 9,182
Have you tried them with Thin T2? following your explanation that might just be a good combo.

Dec 26, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #3,677 of 9,182
Those are exactly the type of earphones that would benefit the most with these. Add some meat to the sound. I sold off my pair a long time ago. A bit too weak in the low end for my preferences.

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #3,678 of 9,182
What cable should I get for the Blon bl-03? From my research so far it seems like cables 053 and 064 would be good choices and go for around the same price on Aliexpress. What do you think? My budget is around 10 usd as I spent 20 for the IEMs, but I'm willing to go slightly higher if there's anything drastically better in sound/quality/value.

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #3,679 of 9,182
What cable should I get for the Blon bl-03? From my research so far it seems like cables 053 and 064 would be good choices and go for around the same price on Aliexpress. What do you think? My budget is around 10 usd as I spent 20 for the IEMs, but I'm willing to go slightly higher if there's anything drastically better in sound/quality/value.

looking at 053 looks pritty sollid, i own this one but i dont use it on the Bl-03 as the bl-03 is base heavy for my taste (others will say it is not). If you like the base and want a tat more 053 looks like the way to go in pure copper version.

personaly i use a AK HiFiHear 16 core silverd cable (due to its looks, sounds like the NiceHCK C16-1 16 core silverd) But found out today that sonicly they sound the same but the kbear has more microfonics in the cable that starts to annoy me.

So for now i like the NiceHCK C16-1 best for my bl-03 but this is personal and was 21,45 euro which is a bit much if you want to spend 10 euro.

Kbear looks:
IMG_20191224_232313.jpg

NiceHCK C16-1 looks:
IMG_20191213_175929.jpg

cant find this cable in the list tho.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #3,681 of 9,182
Looking for a balanced cable (4.4 mm/Pentaconn) for my HD6xx. Any quality suggestions? Not looking to spend a fortune, but AI want something well made. I have been looking at Aliexpress, but it is a bit overwhelming. Located in Canada. Device is the Q5S with AM3D.

What’s the difference between the 8 and 16 cores?

Dec 26, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #3,683 of 9,182
I bought a couple of FAAEAL cables (the ones from the Hibiscus) straight from FAAEAL on Ali, a mmcx and 2 pin one, for my BLON and Audiosense T800s. Nice service, shipped them straightaway.

Dec 26, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #3,684 of 9,182
10399788_thumb.jpg

I found out something this weekend. Kind of an Aha Ha moment. ISN cables probably take the record as being the thickest brawniest looking cables on the market. Having all 3 now in my collection, I didn't realize exactly how these big 16 core cables really fit in the whole scheme of things. That is until now. Initially the first cable I bought was the ISN C-16 pure copper in both 2 pin and mmcx. For the most part I wasn't too keen on how warm and full they made some of my iems sound, for the most part they got the bench. I have only used them on a few iems thus far and I couldn't figure out how they benefited my earphone collection.

Until recently. So I got 2 earphones the DUNU DM480 and the new JVC FDX1. Sound on these 2 have something in common. Both have a neutralish tuning to them meaning the mids has a more neutral or thinner profile to them. I discovered trying out these cables on these that they now have a fuller more musical presentation to them vs the stock cables they came with.

The C-16 has the warmest profile but ends up taming earphones with a bit much in the way of treble the best of any cable I have tried them on. These are about the full low end thicker fuller mid range and smoothing out the treble.

The H-16 is the best of both SPC and the pure copper- works best with good balanced phones that need a fuller sound while retaining the balancing of the stock sound profile. I am using this on my JVC FDX-1
10401410_thumb.jpg

lastly the S-16. SPC S-16. Using this cable on the FDX1 leans a bit more torwards the treble end vs the bass end. Still has that thickness of sounds these cables add but mids seem slightly cooler sounding due to cable enhancing the upper registers more. SPC cables if your phones has a bit too much warmth to balance out that tonality.

S4 cable up top is the thinner higher end SPC from ISN. Definition of the earphone it is attachd to is its stength. I noticed bass definition is very good using this cable and while the fuller sound of the previous cables are no longer applicable this cable is about detail with full bass. It is a good cable and adds a bit of definition to your earphones in all regions.

So the whole purpose of this post. ISN 16 core cables has its place. They work for phones that need some added meat to the sound is the best way to describe it.
It's funny because I own both the H16 (2-pin) and the FDX1 and I dislike both. Maybe by combining them it will all work out. Still waiting on my 2-pin to mmcx adapter and I will be able to give it a try. Not holding my breath though...

Dec 26, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #3,685 of 9,182
Might surprise you. It will add some meat to the sound. Still has that sound balancing but will have a thicker sound to it. If you don't like it I would sell it off. But try that cable on there.

Dec 26, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #3,686 of 9,182
EA 175 in da house :)
Nice pic! Love your S8f, new cable and ES100 combo. Please post your impressions on this combo, if you have time.

Dec 26, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #3,687 of 9,182
I have the SPC version of the 053 cables. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32914622984.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.productList_2717667.subject_21 These might be what your looking for.

From how folks decribe the Blons. SPC seems to be the way to go to tighten the sound a touch
Yeah, I concur. I use this exact cable on my TFZ NO.3 and it really helped tighten up the overwhelming loose bass, and gave that set a bit more detail in the mids and highs. It's a well built cable, with nice solid connectors. Price is great too. I rec this cable also.

Dec 26, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #3,688 of 9,182
Nice pic! Love your S8f, new cable and ES100 combo. Please post your impressions on this combo, if you have time.

Thanks, it was a beautiful sunny day today and as soon as I received it I wanted to go for a coffee outside and enjoy the sun and good tunes.
Well since I just got the cable I would need couple of days to get some mileage. Question how does it compare over some cheaper ones, is it worth the price? I would have to AB them and frankly I don't want to change cables frequently to avoid loose connection. I guess I'll go from the memory. Before this one I used $120 Gu.Craftsman which is also very good cable. And I would lie if I said I heard some magic changes to SQ no I didn't my avarage Joe ears just didn't pick up anything notable in first 1-2 hours of listening. But as soon as I go through my library I might have something. Few things are certain though, it's pure bling bling like a piece of jewelry, looks great it's light and very comfy... And of course it sounds fantastic with S8F and ES100. I like V shaped fun signature and this combo gives me everything I want good punchy bass but not boomy or overpowering, clear mids, vocals male and female, acoustic instruments and distorted guitars sound exceptional just like they should, and well extended highs pleasant to ear not harsh or sibilant not anything like that. I can say it's my endgame, as I don't want and my budget don't allow me to explore higher tier iems and I'm just tired of chasing my tail and for what, this is it I'm content.

Dec 26, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #3,689 of 9,182
PAPRI-GS01. Got it for $97 shipped from alexpress. 7N OCC(can't confirm) litz(confirmed) 8 core copper, 26AWG per core. Eidolic(?) plug. Don't mind the mmcx connector, those were done by me, I was messing around with them. Gonna replace them by 2-pin plussound connectors soon.
The sound is full and detailed.

20191226_231154_HDR-01.jpeg

Dec 26, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #3,690 of 9,182
Thanks, it was a beautiful sunny day today and as soon as I received it I wanted to go for a coffee outside and enjoy the sun and good tunes.
Well since I just got the cable I would need couple of days to get some mileage. Question how does it compare over some cheaper ones, is it worth the price? I would have to AB them and frankly I don't want to change cables frequently to avoid loose connection. I guess I'll go from the memory. Before this one I used $120 Gu.Craftsman which is also very good cable. And I would lie if I said I heard some magic changes to SQ no I didn't my avarage Joe ears just didn't pick up anything notable in first 1-2 hours of listening. But as soon as I go through my library I might have something. Few things are certain though, it's pure bling bling like a piece of jewelry, looks great it's light and very comfy... And of course it sounds fantastic with S8F and ES100. I like V shaped fun signature and this combo gives me everything I want good punchy bass but not boomy or overpowering, clear mids, vocals male and female, acoustic instruments and distorted guitars sound exceptional just like they should, and well extended highs pleasant to ear not harsh or sibilant not anything like that. I can say it's my endgame, as I don't want and my budget don't allow me to explore higher tier iems and I'm just tired of chasing my tail and for what, this is it I'm content.
All I can say is: you got what I want. Cable is sweet, iems look beautiful (colour is awesome...some of the nicest looking shells I've ever seen) and yes, the ES100 really is a great source. Enjoy your setup, my friend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back