1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!

First

Back
208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228
Next

Last
  1. Dsnuts Contributor
    Ya I think vendors during sales are using the slowest shipping available to cut cost on shipping as they are all more or less free shipping. Unfortunately that is the cost of getting a good value on the the slowexpress. But all good things to those who wait. I am still waiting on a few new cables I bought during sales too one of which is another 210 cable.

In comparison I feel Penons Fiery cable is at a similar level in quality. Has a slight different take on the sonic character slightly warmer in tone, similar detail level and bass, however Oalloy is a good $50 cheaper during sales. I have even a better understanding of what value the Oalloy is because of this.

courierdriver, hakuzen and subwoof3r like this.
  2. superuser1
    Jim has fixed shipping to India at $35 ..... ouch!!!!

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  3. Broquen
    Ouch indeed! Sorry for you, mate. Hope this will change soon, because India is one of the most important markets to take care about.

hakuzen and superuser1 like this.
  4. Dsnuts Contributor
    I would wait till Black Friday deals and see if shipping gets cheaper.

superuser1 likes this.
  5. facethemusic88
    I would have jumped on this cable if it was any other shop. Jim is a twat. Enough said.

6. Dsnuts Contributor
    I take it you had a bad experience with his shop. Well the other cable the C4-1 is a rebrand that another carrier carries for a good price that is also a solid cable.
    [​IMG]

I am fairly certain this Kbear version is the same as NiceHCKs C4-1. This cable is excellent as well. Will be sold for $86ish during sales at AK audio shop.
    [​IMG]

This is my review on them here .

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    zachmal, hakuzen and facethemusic88 like this.
  7. hakuzen
    i've tried a pair of these, measured them, and negative signals (left and right) from balanced signals are shorted as ground of single-end signals.
    like you were answered, this is not recommended (specially if the amplifier of you source is not protected against this kind of short circuit).
    however,
    yes, these adapters are the best ones i could find. although the male jack in the adapter is TRS, only 2 signals are used: positive, through tip contact, and negative (balanced) or ground (single-ended) through both sleeve and ring contacts; so it's like if you had a TS jack, like the stock cables. Just ensure you need 3.5mm, and not 2.5mm, in your Focal Elear.
    i got 3 pairs of these, used in HE400i (last version) and Ananda.

i have to agree. cable 210 surprised me. it is comparable to best up-occ wires. after some fast ABs, i think it's my favorite cable for bass. mids and highs are also very good, although they doesn't reach the excellence level of highs of AgAu wire.
    i'd wish to redo the connections, ensuring total litz removing, to check if resistance improves.

8. Dsnuts Contributor
    As good as the 210 cable is on all BA earphones. Check out the cable on a highly resolving dynamic driver. OMG!. Ibasso IT01S is an excellent earphone a bit overlooked to be honest but man does it sound awesome on the IT01S. So much so I am dedicating one of the 2 to cables to it. It most definitley belongs on that phone

I like the 210 so much I am considering getting it reterminated with better connectors, silver solder and plugs. Will let you all know if I end up doing this.

courierdriver, subwoof3r and hakuzen like this.
  9. subwoof3r
    I understand you, because Jim is no longer answering any of my many messages since more than a month now, in both aliexpress and facebook... it's no more the same "Jim" as before.. :frowning2:
    This is getting frustrating.

10. facethemusic88
    I got in touch with him over my faulty Tin 2 connector being loose. Promised me a replacement(still under warranty) but went back on his words and said he will only provide repair. He was uncertain and inconsistent with his replies. Came up with excuses to avoid any possible obligation under the warranty terms and dragged the matter as far as he could for 2 months up till the warranty period passed. Conveniently relied on the expiry of the warranty and changed his tuned further. Nasty twat. Aliexpress being the same crap as ever allowing these pricks to get away with after-sales service( as part of the manufacturer's warranty).

@Dsnuts Thanks for the rec' mate. I have no idea about your r/s with this twat. Also, I have the BGVP DM6 which is a 5 BA iem. Any cables worth a try/upgrade from the stock grey cable they come with?

LaughMoreDaily and subwoof3r like this.
  11. Krassi
    Really cable 175 is really amazing after using it for a while now but i still often switch back to 174 since it delivers a touch more detail an more goosebumps on lots of music :wink:...
    those two cables are a real killer tag team and cant thank hakuzen enough for beeing aware of this stuff.

hakuzen likes this.
  12. Dsnuts Contributor
    Seems folks are going with copper on that one. Try the ISN C4 Crystal copper cable. Relatively newer cable. I am getting a sample of it soon but I like crystal copper variety has a better resolving factor vs standard copper and should give you the standard effects of copper being enhanced mids to bass region while not accentuating the treble end. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...2g0o.store_home.productList_2243714.subject_1

Sorry to read about your negative experience with NiceHCK. I have not seen too much in the way of negative statements regarding Jim so your comment is a bit surprising. They handle a lot of folks so while I am not making excuses for them it sounds like they slipped a bit for you so I can understand.

subwoof3r and facethemusic88 like this.
  13. Dsnuts Contributor
    It looks like one of the 2 cables I bought during singles day will be delivered today. I got high expectations of this one.
    [​IMG]

Will let you guys know how they are once I get em.

14. Krassi
    looks interesting and has good components

15. bogginhead
    What cable would you guys reccomend for the best bass & mids under $40? 0.78 2.5mm is the termination I'd be after.

First

Back
208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228
Next

Last