Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 20, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #3,241 of 9,179
Hey guys, first (of hopefully many helpful) post/s here, but firstly I am in need of some help myself.

I'm looking for a 4.4 balanced to replace my 2.4s but after a recent DAC/Amp purchase the bank is almost dry, so I come here with high hopes and one primary question.

Does anyone know about this brand or cable and why I should or should not buy it (it seems too good to be true for the price tbh), any opinions or even alternate recommendations? Thanks in advanced.

This is the cable https://www.amazon.com.au/OKCSC-Rep...mmcx+cable+4.4mm+8+core&qid=1574278672&sr=8-2
I should add a much wanted factor is delivery by December 1st...ish.
My go to would normally be the FIIO LC-4.4C at twice the price (I have the 2.4) it's a tad much at the moment, honestly even this 50+ cable pretty much breaks the bank right now.

Using the Fiio FH-5 currently (grill removal modded with spinfit cp-240s)

Also please let me know if I have broken any rules with this first post, Newby here and all.
Happy jamming.
I would order the Penon C4 cable if you have decided to go with copper.

Nov 21, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #3,243 of 9,179
For those that may not be aware the Linsoul LSC-09 is currently active on drop.com for a few more days at a pretty decent discount. Don't know if anyone has tested or compared this cable against those highly rated by @hakuzen - at the drop price is pretty tempting...

Also liking the look of the new ISN C4 @superuser1 mentioned above - wonder how that stacks up, etc, etc?

Cheers,
Tim

Nov 21, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #3,244 of 9,179
Anyone knows if any of electro acousti's silver cable options (or UPOCC / hybrid cables) sound close to the PW Loki or EA Thor II? I tried the Thor II balanced w/ my Solaris + DX160 recently and quite enjoyed the pairing.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #3,245 of 9,179
I believed that they use cable from Neotech to make the cable cause Neotech is only one that can use UPOCC (patent) word for marketing.

They might do special order from Neotech to make cable for their spec though. And a little more thing to fine tune their cables such as Mundorf solder or etc.

The sound might not be exactly the same but I would say it should be very close (if the material and gauge are the same)

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #3,246 of 9,179
I believed that they use cable from Neotech to make the cable cause Neotech is only one that can use UPOCC (patent) word for marketing.

They might do special order from Neotech to make cable for their spec though. And a little more thing to fine tune their cables such as Mundorf solder or etc.

The sound might not be exactly the same but I would say it should be very close (if the material and gauge are the same)

Thanks! Will ask the EA seller what he recommends.

Nov 21, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #3,247 of 9,179
Screenshot_20191121-125317.png

New cable and did they add CEMA into their name?

Nov 21, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #3,248 of 9,179
Speaking of new cables.

10385824_thumb.jpg

10385825_thumb.jpg

Both of these cables from Penon are excellent. Initially I was a bit put off by how thin the Neo is which is their Silver cable up top. Proof is in the sound however. Fiery cable bottom. I will have more to say about these soon. Been using them on my Zeus and was quite surprised with the results.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #3,250 of 9,179
hakuzen,
can you recommend a good 3.5mm female to 2.5mm male adapter?
Thanks
Aah the infamous unbalanced to balanced adapter. You can easily fry the electronics of your DAP/DAC/Amp if you try to plug a normal, unbalanced cable into a balanced jack using some kind of adapter.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #3,251 of 9,179
Nov 22, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #3,252 of 9,179
@hakuzen or anyone else

Just acquired Focal Elear used... and want to use 175 on it...
is the adapter following can be use? if you know...
Haldane pair Gold Plated MMCX/.78mm Female to 3.5mm Male Converter Adapter for t1 t5p D600 D7100 Z1 Z1R FOCAL ELLEAR Headphones
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/mMZS29FK

somehow my cable to the headphone is these.
20191122_163153.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #3,253 of 9,179
It is almost Black Friday time and I see that Aliexpress is gearing up for it. Prices are going to be similar to 11.11. But the good news is if any of you guys missed out on a cable you kinda wanted to try. Your gonna get your chance here on Black Friday deals on Aliexpress. One deal worth mentioning. I know we have been slowly migrating to the magical $100 price point and over in cables, but that doesn't mean they are not bang for buck. Best example of this and I am sure Hakuzen can back me up on this one.

I recently did a cable review of the Oalloy or cable number 210.

Ha3a8bed7110c4493bdff7792dcad0990t.jpg

Will be sold for $89. In all honesty this cable for less than a $100 spot is most definitley worth the money. I have been using this on my andro S but on a whim I threw it on my IT01s.

Oh lordy. The IT01s has one of the best dynamic drivers and with this cable. The sound became something that caught me by surprise. It seriously sounds TOTL type level sound quality. I was blown away. If I was to hand out an award for bang for buck cable of the year. I would actually give it to this cable. I like this cable so much I ordered another one.

I think all the cables we mentioned on here are good to great but you know a cable is worth it's money when you hear a whole new side to a phone you already know. If you guys want a leap from the great $20-60 level cables. Try this one. It will surprise you.

By the way Jim has admited to me that this is his best cable he sells on his site and I have to agree.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #3,255 of 9,179
It is almost Black Friday time and I see that Aliexpress is gearing up for it. Prices are going to be similar to 11.11. But the good news is if any of you guys missed out on a cable you kinda wanted to try. Your gonna get your chance here on Black Friday deals on Aliexpress. One deal worth mentioning. I know we have been slowly migrating to the magical $100 price point and over in cablee, but that doesn't mean they are not bang for buck. Best example of this and I am sure Hakuzen can back me up on this one.

I recently did a cable review of the Oalloy or cable number 210.

Ha3a8bed7110c4493bdff7792dcad0990t.jpg

Will be sold for $89. In all honesty this cable for less than a $100 spot is most definitley worth the money. I have been using this on my andro S but on a whim I threw it on my IT01s.

Oh lordy. The IT01s has one of the best dynamic drivers and with this cable. The sound became something that caught me by surprise. It seriously sounds TOTL type level sound quality. I was blown away. If I was to hand out an award for bang for buck cable of the year. I would actually give it to this cable. I like this cable so much I ordered another one.

I think all the cables we mentioned on here are good to great but you know a cable is worth it's money when you hear a whole new side to a phone you already know. If you guys want a leap from the great $20-60 level cables. Try this one. It will surprise you.

By the way Jim has admited to me that this is his best cable he sells on his site and I have to agree.

I really concur this.
This is my yet best cable, I currently place it into my first place (even before the ISN Audio S4).
I prefer the overall more full and dynamic sounding from this 210.
The soundstage is just incredible on these and I really enjoy the bass presentation quantity and quality (while not overwhelming).
For an UP-OCC cable I really think it's one of the best that we can currently find on the market especially for such low price!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back