Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jul 31, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #2,176 of 9,163
M11 output impedance is over 16 ohm? ouch ouch.
then, @RikudouGoku , you should consider to invest on a source with an output impedance under 1 ohm
i've only tried the third one, and it's a good cable, stunning look.
better forget about the 1st one; heard good impressions about the 2nd cable (but price starts raising, if you are going to spend over $50-$60, consider cables 170, 165, 125).

Which one is thicker between Cable 2 and 3? Took a look at cables 170,165 and 125 and do not really like the look of them. ( except 125, But that is a little bit too much being at around 100 usd)

As for the Impedance, Does a Impedance adapter work? Or the iematcher?

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #2,177 of 9,163
Here is 8-core NiceHCK cable (my favourite) and the blue dot is facing out. That was also my measurements for HiFiHear 16-core cable to power KZ/CCA.
that is confusing because i saw NiceHCK cables on his store and they are with blue dot facing forward
Screenshot (336).png

Screenshot (337).png

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #2,179 of 9,163
that is confusing because i saw NiceHCK cables on his store and they are with blue dot facing forward
I know. I only figured out that it is the same as a KZ original cable and for a 16-core HiFiHear cable the blue is also outside (but I made a mental note to myself not to buy not bent/preformed cables anymore :)). That is also the only definite advantage (to me) of the KZ type C that the cable position is unequivocal.

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #2,180 of 9,163
Which one is thicker between Cable 2 and 3? Took a look at cables 170,165 and 125 and do not really like the look of them.

As for the Impedance, Does a Impedance adapter work? Or the iematcher?
i don't know the thickness of cable 2.
cable 3 measurements are in my list. it's cable 068
168. tw 6n ofc 4c (copper,eid,mmcxM): 164..165..160..179 mΩ..[24.7g]
structure: 0.10mm*30(OD:1.35mm/25AWG) 5n ofhc, PE sleeve.
24awg specified of 5N OFHC, but measurements say 25awg. decent conductivity.
only mmcx (with 2.5, 3.5, and 4.4mm jacks) available. these mmcx plugs from Taiwan are wider than average, their quality is superior, preciser mechanized: safe and easier pop in and out. rotate freely. jack and splitter are also very good quality.
not very flexible wire.
sound is clean enough, although i prefer 165 by far. overall good quality and nice look, great value when around $35, because of the look and plugs.

good conductivity. i suggested 170, 165, 125, mainly for sound.

about impedance, sorry, phonopi fooled me. m11 output impedance is below 1 ohm (3.5 single-ended output), and below 2 ohms (2.5/4.4mm balanced output).
you don't need an impedance matcher. you can drive audiosense T800 perfectly with not noticeable highs alteration.
cables 2 and 3 resistance are ok for this.

the only way to ensure polarity of the pins is by using a multimeter.
anyway, you can use any of the two polarities with most of your iems, while you don't use different polarity for each side

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #2,181 of 9,163
@hakuzen oh and in This case would it be better to use 3,5 instead of balanced 4,4 since the impedance is too low? Never used balanced Before

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #2,182 of 9,163
I know. I only figured out that it is the same as a KZ original cable and for a 16-core HiFiHear cable the blue is also outside (but I made a mental note to myself not to buy not bent/preformed cables anymore :)). That is also the only definite advantage (to me) of the KZ type C that the cable position is unequivocal.
the cable position in type C is unequivocal, but you find different polarity in cables. some use QDC/BQEYZ polarity, while other use KZ polarity. so you are exactly in same place than with molded ear guide 2 pins cables (even worse, because you can re-mold ear guides, but you can't invert type C plugs)

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #2,183 of 9,163
@hakuzen oh and in This case would it be better to use 3,5 instead of balanced 4,4 since the impedance is too low? Never used balanced Before
i like balanced output because of its much lower crosstalk, which helps to get wider sound stage.
you ought to buy 2.5/4.4mm balanced cable, because you'll be able to plug it into balanced output of your M11, but you'll also be able to plug it into 3.5mm output (single-ended sound) through an adapter.
if you buy a single-ended 3.5mm cable, you'll be able to use 3.5mm output uniquely

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #2,184 of 9,163
i like balanced output because of its much lower crosstalk, which helps to get wider sound stage.
you ought to buy 2.5/4.4mm balanced cable, because you'll be able to plug it into balanced output of your M11, but you'll also be able to plug it into 3.5mm output (single-ended sound) through an adapter.
if you buy a single-ended 3.5mm cable, you'll be able to use 3.5mm output uniquely
what @PhonoPhi meant was that the low impedance of T800 of 9ohm will be a problem for the player that recommends a minimum impedance of 16ohms, he is writing about that on other threads also

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #2,185 of 9,163
what @PhonoPhi meant was that the low impedance of T800 of 9ohm will be a problem for the player that recommends a minimum impedance of 16ohms, he is writing about that on other threads also
m11 output impedance is below 1 ohm (3.5 single-ended output), and below 2 ohms (2.5/4.4mm balanced output).
they suggest a minimum of 16 ohms load as a safe recommendation to protect their back. the lower the load and sensitivity, the more current is needed. more heat dissipation, less efficiency. opamps (amplifiers) do have a limit of current they can deliver, although most of them feature over current protection (the signal will be clipped).
i'm pretty sure that m11 can drive the 9 ohms of T800 perfectly (if T800 sensitivity is reasonable), without risk. the manufacturers are keeping their back safe, in the case you fry the amplifier because you apply too much high volume with a very tiny load.

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #2,186 of 9,163
m11 output impedance is below 1 ohm (3.5 single-ended output), and below 2 ohms (2.5/4.4mm balanced output).
they suggest a minimum of 16 ohms load as a safe recommendation to protect their back. the lower the load and sensitivity, the more current is needed. more heat dissipation, less efficiency. opamps (amplifiers) do have a limit of current they can deliver, although most of them feature over current protection (the signal will be clipped).
i'm pretty sure that m11 can drive the 9 ohms of T800 perfectly (if T800 sensitivity is reasonable), without risk. the manufacturers are keeping their back safe, in the case you fry the amplifier because you apply too much high volume with a very tiny load.

9 is almost twice less than 16, so clipping and distortions above the design current/power should be an issue. I think I've seen few DAPs specified for 8 Ohm (Teac - HA-P90SD) that may be a safer and more empowering route.

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #2,187 of 9,163
the cable position in type C is unequivocal, but you find different polarity in cables. some use QDC/BQEYZ polarity, while other use KZ polarity. so you are exactly in same place than with molded ear guide 2 pins cables (even worse, because you can re-mold ear guides, but you can't invert type C plugs)
That is a very good point!
My first C-type cable is on the way.
I will make sure to check polarity and how it will work out.

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #2,188 of 9,163
9 is almost twice less than 16, so clipping and distortions above the design current/power should be an issue. I think I've seen few DAPs specified for 8 Ohm (Teac - HA-P90SD) that may be a safer and more empowering route.
here is an example of some DAPs driving a 4.8 ohms load (KZ ZS5 v1). when the dap goes near its current limit, distortion triggers up, and then, clipping occurs.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1630#post-13819958

i don't know detailed current vs distortion specs of M11, but attending to this:
  • Output 3.5mm: 255mW(16Ω)/195mW(32Ω)/22mW(300Ω)
  • Output 2.5/4.4mm: 480mW(16Ω)/550mW(32Ω)/88.5mW(300Ω)
(i suppose these specs are for THD < 1%, as usual)

guess it will able to drive audiosense T800 at a good volume level without distorting

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #2,189 of 9,163
There’s a lot of people using the T800 now, and not a single person has reported any instances of source damage whatsoever (including myself)

I’m not losing any sleep over it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back