1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!

First

Back
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124
Next

Last
  1. superuser1
    The correct way of saying it is ... I don't hear any change in sound with upgrade cables! :D

2. Broquen
    You couldn't say it better.

hakuzen and superuser1 like this.
  3. superuser1
    Viva la Catalunya! :D:D

hakuzen and Broquen like this.
  4. fokta
    hehehe.. let's agree to disagree...

For u who not experienced any changes in cable, I envy you.

but for me, cable do had a deal in sound sig I wanted...is it a lot? no...

by u guys coming here to read the last pages of the thread, I alrd appreciate...

hakuzen likes this.
  5. Caguioa
    Is there any good adapters for

1.4pin xlr female to a 6.3 and 4.4 male?

right now I'm just using generic
    4.4mm male to 4 pin xlr balance
    And
    6.35mm Male to 4-pin XLR Female Balanced

2. I am also looking for

MMCX into 4.4mm for my iem's
    and use the 4.4 into 6.3 for my amp at home

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  6. Broquen
    And the seven oceans/rivers too! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

superuser1 and hakuzen like this.
  7. hieple193
  8. silverfishla
    That's exactly what I was thinking when reading this part of the thread. I also have constructed some of my own cable and have found the extreme difficulty in soldering (8 core) cables. That's the highest I could ever achieve, just because there is no room in a standard sized plug! Even then, trying to screw back the housing is a b*tch. You have to carefully file back any solder that encroaches on the fit, etc. My initial reaction to the fiasco, was that I thought that they were "cheating" to reduce the rate of failure in final assembly (because they couldn't get the stuff to fit and stay in tact), because there is no other reason to NOT connect the wires. It doesn't save any money.
    Edit: Also, since you've dissected a few cables now. I've noticed that the "gluing the plug on" thing, is probably because they use almost nil solder to make their connections. They barely make the connections to the terminals (possibly because of space issues or cost) and then they glue them, so they'll have no movement (so they won't disconnect). Not my cup of tea for making a good solder connect.

hakuzen and Dani157 like this.
  9. Slater
    Exactly.

I’ll believe a true 16-core cable when I see it (that has no trimming of the individual strands or other cheating tricks).

Until then, I say you’ll have better luck catching a unicorn.

10. hakuzen
    expect resistance of that Satin cable above 400mOhm (4 cores 7n occ litz). NiceHck cable (8 cores 6n gc-occ) resistance is around 300mOhm.
    guess any of them would be an upgrade from stock.
    but remember you can get nicehck one cheaper when at sales (check its price at different shops periodically, or message them to get a quote if you don't want to wait)

hieple193 likes this.
  11. hakuzen
    :sweat_smile: great point!
    how many times i've had to eat this kind of words: "I am sure .., certainly .."
    "you know nothing, Jon Snow.."

MadDane, perfecious, Broquen and 2 others like this.
  12. Carlsan
    GOT Jon Snow reference is an automatic "like" in my book.

hakuzen likes this.
  13. Carlsan
    I also hear subtle differences with upgrade cables, but it also depends on the source and balance or not balance, as well as the original earphone.
    Many factors involved.

Let's just say that a $20 earphone going off an iPhone is probably not going to benefit from a cable upgrade :ksc75smile:

14. Lurk650
    Have Kinboofi cables from Amazon been tested? I love their cables

15. Slater
    They’re nice cables for the price. I had a Kinboofi 8-core cable that had NO cores connected, but that was obviously an isolated QC error haha

C1F595AD-DAEC-4E1F-8501-A0573CB68ACE.jpeg
    E4D381C2-61C9-45BB-A775-2EC544C899C8.jpeg

Palash, Broquen, archdawg and 2 others like this.
First

Back
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124
Next

Last