Low Budget Home Djing Headphones
Dec 7, 2012 at 7:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

germius

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,
awesome forum and nice to emeet you all

I'm looking for a low budget home djing headphones.

I have Numark Mixtrack Pro (traktor) and Macbook.

Currently i'd like to buy one of this:

- Creative Aurana Live

- Superlux HD668B

- Superlux HD681

-  Koss PRO DJ 100

- Sennheiser HD 205-II

which one is better for electronic music?

Do you have other suggestions?

thanks in advance

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #7 of 15
I'm a bedroom DJ for fun; using my macbook pro, a Hercules RMX MIDI controller and virtual DJ.
I really like the KOSS Pro DJ 100. Sounds amazing for the price. What I especially like about these cans is that there's a switch on the earcup that changes between mono and stereo. So, when you are only listening through one ear, you can keep the music in mono so you can hear both channels.

I have the Tonny Bennett version, which (aside from cosmetic differences) is the same headphone but has a detachable cable and carrying case. There was/is a crazy sale for these at a store called Tuesday Morning, making them cheaper than the Pro DJ's (fixed cable and no case) - I believe they were on sale for between $39 and $50. I paid about $80 for them from Amazon and would again at that price. Have fun.

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:
Dude...a little problem :)

the price in italy of Koss DJ 100 is around 93 euro (121 USD) very expansive in my opinion comparing it to Amazon.com price (90 USD final price for italy)

What do you think about Sennheiser HD 205-II? i can buy them for 40 euro (52 USD)

Never heard the 205-ii. Never heard a review on the really for that matter. Crazy price for the DJ100s though 0_o

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #14 of 15
I'm in a similar position as well...has anyone brought up the Monoprice 8323's by any chance? Supposed to be a rebrand of the Kicker 541s, little bassy, seems durable, sq seems good though sacrifices soundstage (shouldn't be a problem when it comes to beatmatching, I think though?).

Playing with a Mixtrack and a demo of Traktor in my free time heha, I've VDJ LE but Traktor just feels sooo goood...

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:
I'm in a similar position as well...has anyone brought up the Monoprice 8323's by any chance? Supposed to be a rebrand of the Kicker 541s, little bassy, seems durable, sq seems good though sacrifices soundstage (shouldn't be a problem when it comes to beatmatching, I think though?).

Playing with a Mixtrack and a demo of Traktor in my free time heha, I've VDJ LE but Traktor just feels sooo goood...

i think the best solution for you could be the Sennheiser HD 205-II
just bought them for 42 eur. i will let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back