Loving the Indian food now
May 29, 2015 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
So since I moved to an area that has a lot of great restaurants with a variety of everything, I'm now going through my Indian and Pakistan food phase. Delicious and some great bargains too! Plus, I'm getting to know the owners and their families since these are family run joints.

It's kind of strange in a way because it sometimes feels that I entered into their house and am hanging out with the family along with their adult kids and eating their food especially at this one place since they get such a small amount of customers. Commonly I'm the only customer there but the food is still good. It's as if I'm the neighbor stopping by and joining the family for the afternoon. There is a kind of bonding experience that I do like as if I have been temporarily adopted into the family.

May 29, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #2 of 8
...were u presented with the bill ? :p

this should get your stomachjuice a gushing :)

May 30, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 8
I started eating Indian food in college and fell in love right away!

But later, I moved into the suburbs and could not find it. Now I'm back to eating it since there are a bunch of Indian/Pakistan places to eat since I moved. I'm in heaven and loving it!

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #7 of 8
It looks yummy but I heard many Indians eat foods with no utensils but barely hands
tongue.gif

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #8 of 8
i actually have seen that on some occasions. It did look strange to me. However, with the Indian flat breads, it is kind of like eating a pizza. Many Americans eat pizza with their hands. I remember once while walking past a pizza shop in Paris and I saw these French people eating pizza with a knife and fork. To me it looked strange but later I tried it and it was fine.

But getting back to the topic, Indian flat breads can be fine with your hands since they are usually cut into triangle shapes. The tandoori chicken is probably fine too with your hands since it is chicken on the bone like how fried chicken is only, it's not fried in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back