LOVING my new amp (Objective2)
Jul 13, 2012 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

ghuth

New Head-Fier
Hi ALL

(First time poster, long time lurker.)

I've just recently upgraded (from a CMOY) to this brilliant piece of electronics.

I just had to post SOMETHING, SOMEWHERE about the extreme joy I am having listening to music through this amp (which I've had for only a couple of days) with my Sennheiser HD600 cans.  I figured here would be better than facebook as you "get it" unlike they would!

It's now 4 am and it's the second night in a row that I don't want to go to sleep because I just want to keep listening to music through this gear :)

Sorry if this sounds like an ad (it's not!). I just had to shout out :)

Cheers, Glenn

Jul 13, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 33

Mine arrived today from jds.
For what I hearing trought my hd 650 and my sony mdr ex1000 I completely agree with you.
I have two more expensive portable amps and I realized how threw my money.
Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 13, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 33
Quote:
Hi ALL

(First time poster, long time lurker.)

I've just recently upgraded (from a CMOY) to this brilliant piece of electronics.

I just had to post SOMETHING, SOMEWHERE about the extreme joy I am having listening to music through this amp (which I've had for only a couple of days) with my Sennheiser HD600 cans.  I figured here would be better than facebook as you "get it" unlike they would!

It's now 4 am and it's the second night in a row that I don't want to go to sleep because I just want to keep listening to music through this gear :)

Sorry if this sounds like an ad (it's not!). I just had to shout out :)

Cheers, Glenn

"Welcome to headfi! Sorry about your wallet"
Glad that you are enjoying it! I am using it as well, it is a good amp for the price but sometimes and for some other genres it's a bit TOO clean in my opinion. Either way, I get exactly what you are feeling!

Hope you stay on in this community Glenn! We would be pleased to have you here.
beerchug.gif

---Welcoming Post----

Jul 13, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 33
Pics or it didn't happen!

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #8 of 33
I have a lot of much more expensive gear and it usually lives up to my expectations...it should, it is expensive.  I've had my O2 for a day and it is nice to have something exceed my expectations for once.  Listening to LCD-2 through the 02 right now.

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:
Were you referring to me or the OP?

Probably you :wink:.

I would really love to get this amp in a more portable package and with a good digital pot for low volume listening without channel imbalance. Even after implementing the low gain mod it still doesn't get low enough IMO before channel imbalance sets in.

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #10 of 33
Pics of desktop variant O2:

the bottom is the NFB, the top is the TRIAD power adapter that I wanted to show.

Those are the parts used.

The cable is 0.8m Long, cable used is Denko 0.18mm^2 99.99% OFEC with braided shielding. (Read: Pro cable LOL). 

Weight: 480g
Size: 185mm x 165mm x 50mm

Positive Rail Voltage: 11.3V
Negative Rail Voltage: -11.4V

Output DC Offset:
R: 3.83mV
L: 3.92mV

Power-ON Transient at output:
400mV Peak, 0.5mS Duration (Loud Click)
Power-OFF Transient at output:
250mV Peak, 400mS Duration (Soft Thump)

Gain measurements:
Left-Low: 2.39x  Left-High: 5.69x
Right-Low: 2.37x  Right-High: 5.72x

Noise at output: 
L: 3.17mVrms
R: 3.32mVrms

Weight: 480g
Size: 185mm x 165mm x 50mm

Positive Rail Voltage: 11.3V (300mVrms Ripple)
Negative Rail Voltage: -11.4V (300mVrms Ripple)

Output DC Offset:
R: 3.83mV
L: 3.92mV

Power-ON Transient at output:
400mV Peak, 0.5mS Duration (Loud Click)

Power-OFF Transient at output:
250mV Peak, 400mS Duration (Soft Thump)

Gain measurements:
Left-Low: 2.39x  Left-High: 5.69x
Right-Low: 2.37x  Right-High: 5.72x

Noise at output: 
L: 3.17mVrms
R: 3.32mVrms
Approx.: 15mVp

CLOSEUP LINK:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wku3v79q79ctt32/GoCvJRJd8R?m

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #11 of 33
I was indeed referred to you bowei006.

Thanks for posting those pictures. You're work looks fantastic and extremely clean. Kudos to you my friend!
beerchug.gif

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #12 of 33
Quote:
I was indeed referred to you bowei006.

Thanks for posting those pictures. You're work looks fantastic and extremely clean. Kudos to you my friend!
beerchug.gif

I had my pal and fellow head fier make it. He already had many left over parts and just offered(or I asked...and he agreed), it would have cost me a lot more to make it and order the parts and shipping than for him, he gets free parts shipping so it was pretty cheap getting it from him :)

The case is quite big, but that is for pshychiological purposes along with the possibly of one day adding an ODAC if I choose.

You're welcome, and to anybody looking at those pictures, don't feel bad and think I spent half an hour with all that. Those were all typed up and in my pm's already . Just a quick copy and paste and also I got some additional pictures from my dropbox! :) All is fine! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back