Love the Shure SE535!
Jun 28, 2010 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Bish1989

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I am new to premium earphones. However, I love my new Shure Se535s and am an ardent music lover. I am also deeply into details, whether it be video, audio, or anything else. I just wanted some advice on how I can take full advantage of these shures. In other words, how can I make my experience even better? Any suggestions? Thanks. :)

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #4 of 14
I use the iBasso D10 with my laptop and it definitely makes a difference with my SE530s.  Its a portable DAC/AMP combo and can connect to your laptop via USB.  It also has optical and coax digital inputs, which you can connect to your tv or cable box.

Jun 28, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #5 of 14
The Shures don't really need an amp. I suppose you could use the Porda Corda portable amp which is the only amp I own and am very happy with (I use it to watch movies, it gives a better amplified sound.) I was blown away buy the shure 530 when I first heard it, I thought these are the ideal expensive earphones I want (I had the etymotic 4p and triple.fi pro 10 before that). It sounded more like the etymotics. They're kind of sweet, rich, and clear sounding.

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #7 of 14

I think this really depends on your source.  I found the D10 only made a marginal difference as an amp only out of my iPod.  However, I found the sound to be rather unbearable when listening to my 530s out of my work laptop so I always take my D10 with me when I travel for work.  I'm no expert when it comes to this stuff but I imagine that the D10 dac is a nice upgrade over the typical onboard soundcard found in laptops.

Quote:
The Shures don't really need an amp. I suppose you could use the Porda Corda portable amp which is the only amp I own and am very happy with (I use it to watch movies, it gives a better amplified sound.) I was blown away buy the shure 530 when I first heard it, I thought these are the ideal expensive earphones I want (I had the etymotic 4p and triple.fi pro 10 before that). It sounded more like the etymotics. They're kind of sweet, rich, and clear sounding.

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
My Shure SE535 make me be grateful for the great album collection I have.(Original albums,no mp3 or copies).
Amazing Earphones in all aspects.

Indeed... No, they Shure don't need an amp.
wink_face.gif

But... Like other things, the better the sources, amplification, etc., the better the sound will be. The Shure's are able to give you what is there... for better or worse.

shane

Sep 2, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #10 of 14
You don't really need an amp to drive them.  What you DO want the amp for is (a) a good DAC and (b) clean output with plenty of overhead.  I use my Meier 2Move with everything, not because it's needed for power but because it provides and ensures a high quality of sound going into the earphone.

Suggestion:  Practical Devices XM5

It's a great amp, lots of features, good hardware, some flexibility in customization.  My bro has one.  I've A/Bed it against my 2Move and they're basically the same, but the XM5 has more features.  You get a bass boost, treble boost, variable crossfade, +10dB gain, and a 75ohm pass through for some of these easier to drive earphones.  It's just a lot of nice, little extras.  It has lots of good parts. :wink:

Sep 2, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #11 of 14
I love my 535's, but definitely extract more of the music when using lossless files being fed into a Shadow, or a Portaphile V2^2.

Dec 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #13 of 14
Dec 18, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #14 of 14

Quote:
Hi!

I am new to premium earphones. However, I love my new Shure Se535s and am an ardent music lover. I am also deeply into details, whether it be video, audio, or anything else. I just wanted some advice on how I can take full advantage of these shures. In other words, how can I make my experience even better? Any suggestions? Thanks. :)

Quote:
better source, higher bit rates, buy an amp

... and an earmold, like UM56 (Westone) or a full shell from...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back