Love the HF3 by Etymotic, but what about the same sound with a bit more bass? Suggestions?
Jul 28, 2011 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Merck

100+ Head-Fier
I am not a basshead by any means as I realized upon listening to the Hippo VB.  I currently use a Klipsch Image S4 with my iPhone 4 and its enjoyable and I like the function of the 3 button strip on it.  Well I borrowed an Etymotic HF3 and fell in love with the clarity that it produced as well as the fact that it had the 3 button controls.  The only fault was that the lower frequencies just were lacking in amplitude.  I don't need bass that interferes with the other frequencies but a bit more amplitude would be nice.  I was wondering what are your suggestions for a solution to this problem that is in the $200 or so range.

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 4
stick some shure olives on the hf3's, problem solved. I had the same problem as you earlier. You can also look at dba02, which has more body to the bass or the new fotm gr07. 

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
stick some shure olives on the hf3's, problem solved. I had the same problem as you earlier. You can also look at dba02, which has more body to the bass or the new fotm gr07. 

Thanks for the advice.  I will give that a try.  Do the Shure Olives insert far into the ear canal.  I find that I prefer that.

Jul 28, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 4
it's about the same as with the ety foams but they isolate even better if you can believe it (the olives are denser). Another option i just remembered is that the etys respond very well and cleanly to a gentle eq. on my roxbox fuze, i turned up the bass by +5db ish and it was perfect. That was with the ety foams. with the olives i didnt even need to eq. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back