Love Performance Cars
Sep 27, 2004 at 10:56 AM Post #31 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orpheus
hey tuberoller, i'm so curious.... all these frickin cars--how big is your garage!?

That pic of the Z06 shows a corner of my shop(electrical contracting business) out in Highland Indiana. This is where I keep most of my cars and the RV. I keep the Pickup,Trans Am and CTS-V here in Chicago and I have regular sized two and half car garage. The shop is about 55,000 square feet and I allow some of my guys(my employees) to store their toys out there too. Since I am allowing them to use the space free,the guys all chipped in to install security doors,cameras,a fence and an alarm system. We keep the cars,bikes,boats and trailers etc,(one guy has a small collection of military jeeps) inside and keep the company trucks outside. We have a hoist,air,plenty of lighting a bunch of tools and everything else we need to work on our cars. The best thing about the shop is that it's in an industrial park far away from houses. The block around our shop looks like a dragstrip there is so much rubber around the place. We do some truly insane stuff around there and the city just laid a fresh patch of asphalt and concrete (for the heavy trucks that use the roads) about a mile long and very straight and smooth. When I go to sign the checks friday,I'll take some pics and post them here.

Sep 27, 2004 at 1:28 PM Post #32 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
Nitrous is like dope for your car. My Malibu is an addict and won't run right without it. That Maxima was inhaling a big shot.

Sounds like it needs the patch.

Not sure if it's the same for the big block scene, but a lot of the Supra drag racers are trading in nitrous for water/methynol injection. Can run more boost and get away with higher compression heads safer than nitrous. Some of the guys are in the 8s and 9s.

You ever mess around with water/meth injection Tuberoller?

Oct 19, 2004 at 3:34 AM Post #33 of 47
hey... for those that insist the corvette sucks and is just a muscle car... here's a video of a guy from a vette forum (z06vette.com) racing against a porsche GT3!:

http://home.mchsi.com/~roadamerica/G...ad_America.WMV

as you can see, the GT3 clearly accelerates faster, but the vette always catches up during the turns. the vette driver is probably much better than the porsche's... but still, you gotta admit, that vette can handle with the best cars out there... and maybe even surpass most of them. (mostly directed to sir nsx mjg)
icon10.gif

anyway, i've already given my entrance fee for a drag race on 11/5. my FIRST race!!! heh he. can't wait. they're renting out the entire track from 3:00 to 11:00, with about 60 cars participating. mostly vipers/vettes... with some imports. kinda expensive though... $100 a pop. but anyway, lots of guys from the vette forums are going, so hopefully they can give me some pointers.

tube, which helmet do you recommend?--i don't mind shelling out bucks if it'll buy a helmet significantly better. it seems i need one to drive in these events.

Oct 19, 2004 at 3:47 AM Post #34 of 47
Both those guys were good drivers but the Z06 driver was kinda taking it easy at first. I think he could have passed the GT3?(that looked like a GT2 rear wing) if he woulda stayed in it earlier.

I love Road America. It's a huge,fast track with the best fast turns in the world.

I use an old Simpson helmet. I'm sure you've seen it in pics,it's that nasty old white thing. You can't use a cycle helmet on the track so Simpson is a good choice. Mine is very similar to the Simpson LX . I think driving shoes are just as important and actually contribute to you going faster. They did for me. I really love my Oakley Race Mid Boots . They are extremely useful in shifting and braking excercises and I will never race in street shoes again.

Oct 19, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #35 of 47
hmm... those shoes are probably overkill for me. but on your suggestion, i'll definitely order some cheaper ones before the race. do Nike shoe sizes generally map correctly to racing shoe sizes?--cause i'll probably order online.

how 'bout gloves?--are they necessary? well, i guess for dragracing, it doesn't really matter much.

anything specific to look for when checking out helmets?

thanks tube.

Oct 19, 2004 at 5:36 AM Post #36 of 47
90103381990204LRG.jpg

Feel the power of the Dodge Dynasty

Oct 19, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #37 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orpheus
hmm... those shoes are probably overkill for me. but on your suggestion, i'll definitely order some cheaper ones before the race. do Nike shoe sizes generally map correctly to racing shoe sizes?--cause i'll probably order online.

how 'bout gloves?--are they necessary? well, i guess for dragracing, it doesn't really matter much.

anything specific to look for when checking out helmets?

thanks tube.

Comfort and visibility are what really matters. Incidents are rare but you wanna be prepared. The full face helmets are overkill in a closed car and the beanies don't help at all.

try to find shoes with flat,flexible soles and very shallow tread grooves. Track(sprinter's) shoes are used in racing a lot and many F1 drivers swear by them. The ones designed for younger runners can be set-up with custom inserts for fantastic comfort. I only switched to full-on racing shoes when I started racing really fast cars more often and began using a bunch of nitrous. Fear of fire is what really influenced me. I've seen(obviously) what fire can do and how effective retardant gear can be.

Oct 20, 2004 at 9:52 PM Post #38 of 47
Yum,check out the new Chrysler 300C SRT-8 with the 425 horsepower Hemi.

srt-8.jpg

srt8-1.jpg

I think I might have to get behind the wheel of one of these.

Oct 20, 2004 at 10:30 PM Post #41 of 47
he has the linfengelter cts?

dam..

must be nice.

your benz? Which one, because unless its the new SLR, i totally doubt u know that for a fact it can beat the cts v 427 CID lingenfelter caddy. (if i'm wrong ia pologize, i just expressed my doubts). This isn't a "vette" engine, it's a stroked monster. That thing would give an e55 amg a beatdown (the new one). I believe u are mistaking it for a regular cts V. Not the same animal. They are also rumoring a twin turbo setup to add into the mix.

This thing could blow the doors off a c5.

One thing i can and will say, the 9 second ls7 would rape yer mercedes by a few dozen bus lengths ; )

but thats not the point.

Oct 20, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #42 of 47
No way ,My CTS-V is not the Lingenfelter. I was thinkin' about it but Caddy has it's own 500HP CTS-Super V coming next year and I'll wait for that.

Oct 20, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #43 of 47
come on tuberoller.

whats another 25k in the bucket, u know u want this ; )

after i make my first few bux, im getting a used c5 and getting this similar package for the c5, but i dunno if the 50 grand one will be reasonable (or even streetable). 725 hp!!

Oct 21, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #44 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
Yum,check out the new Chrysler 300C SRT-8 with the 425 horsepower Hemi.

srt-8.jpg

srt8-1.jpg

I think I might have to get behind the wheel of one of these.

The performance numbers are nice, but I'd rather have it look less pimped than it is. I really like the look of the stock Hemi300C, and I think that the SRT-8 looks like a bad mesh of two styles.

I think that a stock look for the 300C but with the bored hemi would be my choice. With a car like that, it would be so tempting to have a sleeper, then light it up next to a rice rocket or a pimped out 4th gen mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back