Love my Bose IE2's but they're starting to fail.. Recommendations for a reliable IEM?
Sep 14, 2011 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

F430

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of IEM's that have good sound quality AND build. I own a pair of Ultrasone 780's (over the ear) which I like the sound of but they hurt my ears after extended periods of use.

I also own a pair of Nuforce Ne-7's. They sounded great (slightly heavy on bass) but stopped working after a couple of months.

The Bose IE2 has great sound, and i absolutely LOVE the way they fit in my ear. They NEVER fall out when walking, at the gym, anywhere and remain comfortable. Unfortunately I can tell that they are starting to break down with the iPhone controls starting to act strange. 

So. Can anyone suggest an IEM that is designed similar to the Bose IE2 where the eartip fits that way in your ear, has similar or better sound quality (fairly balanced with a decent amount of bass) and that will not break down on me through everyday use. 

I would be content with keeping the Bose IE2's if they were more reliable but I have read online of others having the same troubles that I have experienced so buying a new pair wouldn't fix my problem. 

Let me know, cheers!

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #2 of 4
If you're budget is 800 dollars, you can get some Mages... :p  What I'm trying to say, more ask, is what is your budget?  Other questions:  Musical preferences?  What are you looking for in the headphones, everyone enjoys different flavors of sound (bassy, balanced, neutral, bright, dark, relaxed, warm etc.).

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
If you're budget is 800 dollars, you can get some Mages... :p  What I'm trying to say, more ask, is what is your budget?  Other questions:  Musical preferences?  What are you looking for in the headphones, everyone enjoys different flavors of sound (bassy, balanced, neutral, bright, dark, relaxed, warm etc.).

Budget would be the same, I paid $80 for these. So anything under $100 would be ok, as long as I'm not worrying about it's build quality.

I listen to hip hop, r&b, electro, rap etc so I like headphones that are bassy (not overpowering though). I enjoyed the way the Bose IE2 and Nuforce Ne-7's sound, so something similar to them would be great. 

I'm not sure how many of you have tried Bose's IE2's, but the fit of them is superb due to the funky eartips: http://www.impulsegamer.com/hardware/boseie201.jpg

Cheers

Sep 14, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 4
DUNU Trident (40 dollars), DUNU Hephaes (~100 dollars), ThinkSound TS02 (80 dollars; 100 with remote/mic).  These are all suggestions.  Out of this group, I'd go either Trident or TS02.  If you have the money, TS02 will be a good payoff.  If you don't, then get the Tridents for a great bang for the buck :)  Each of these models has some of the best build quality I've ever ran into. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back