LOtsa news!!!
Apr 25, 2006 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

First, I want to say how awesome it was to meet so many Head-Fiers in New York this past weekend and apologise to those I missed! It was a lot of fun and a real pleasure.

Secondly, how bout those new Grado GS-1000 headphones!!! That would be short for Grado Statement 1000. John not only made it to the meet but brought his newest creation. All I can say is that it is spectacular - and now available from www.ttvj.com. We are taking preorders on it and should be able to start shipping soon (2-6 weeks). They have addressed two of the common gripes with the Grado line - soundstaging. That's right a huge soundstage eminates from the Grado GS1000 Headphone. And with the new circumaural foam pads, the comfort issue is all but dead. They are also lightweight for additonal comfort (thought their bigger size would not incline one to think they are as light as they are).

And best of all is their balanced detailed, tight sound. Bass is deep and tight and very real sounding. The highs are detailed and non fatiguing. From top to bottom the sound is excellent.

And how 'bout the Shure E500. These got my attention and won me over on my flight home. They are taking a permanent place in my travel rig. I can't believe the detailed bass I got with the E500! I listened to Ray Browns, Solar Energy and for the first time I heard detail in the bass that I could only get from my very expensive speakers or top of the line open headphones. Shure als once again scored with imnproved detail over any of their previous products. I thought the E4c was a very nice move in the right direction for Shure but the E500 is an even bigger step and shows how hard they work to bring audiophile quality earbuds to their customers. A big hats off to Shure for the very excellent E500.

Oh, did I mention we are taking preorders for these too at www.ttvj.com. We expect them to ship sometime in May.

We also are very pleased to announce the addition of the Ultimate Ears line to the TTVJ family of great products. We had been trying to get this done and now thanks to Jerry and the great people he had with him at the NY meet it is a done deal. These are some fine products and we are proud to represent them. Look for them to appear on our site later this week.

Anyone who has already purchased a Slappa case knows how good these cd cases really are. I have owned a couple of them now for over a year now and to say it is about time I figured out that I need to carry them is an understatement. So we will also be adding the great Slappa case to our lineup. Look for these products to appear very soon!

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 5
Great news Todd! I have lots of Slappa gear, UE Super.Fi 5 Pros, and I don't think that E500 will be far behind. I will wait a bit on the GS1000. Anyway, congrats on bringing on some more product lines.

It was a pleasure as always seeing you at the meet, although I wish we had hung out some more. I hope you make the next game with Tom and me out here in SF. Barry is on a tear: Tom and I saw 710 yesterday and today he hit 711 off Wagner as a pinch hitter in the 9th inning to tie the game. Pretty sweet although the Giants went on to lose in the 11th.

Take it easy.

Apr 27, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Barry is on a tear: Tom and I saw 710 yesterday and today he hit 711 off Wagner as a pinch hitter in the 9th inning to tie the game.

And all this, presumably, without performance enhancements!

Okay, back to headphone talk now...
icon10.gif

Apr 27, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi Todd,

It was a pleasure to meet you at the NY / national meet.

I have a question - will you be taking pre-orders for just the GS-1000 pads? (I think I read that they could be used on other Grados)

Do we have a name for the pads yet? Super Bowls (too football-ish)? Flying Saucers?
rs1smile.gif

Apr 27, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonance
Do we have a name for the pads yet? Super Bowls (too football-ish)? Flying Saucers?
rs1smile.gif

Bagel pads!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back