Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Aug 28, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #1,039 of 2,329
Thanks, just checked it out.

Could you do a quick comparison maybe (if you have it) looks really interesting.
Awesome! How you like it? I think the beam 2 is actually quite good, Not on par with the s1 but quite close

I'm keeping both!
I use dongles only when I'm out and about..playing downloaded contents with Tidal app on iPhone.
To me, early impressions are that Beam 2s is a little on the brighter side of neutral, and with more forward mids.
With MQA on my setup, it's has more dynamics and sounded more lively(edited spelling)

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #1,040 of 2,329
I've the Beam 2S too, pairing with my Note 20 Ultra. Great musical sound, comparable if not slightly better than LG V60, in my opinion. Better in terms of wider soundstage, tad brighter (which one may think sounds clearer), more bass quantity, but all these are just marginal improvements. The LG V60 by itself already sounds very good

Bad news, there is too much EMI pickup with 2S when my phone data (LTE) is turned on. Tried swapping various dedicated DAC OTG TypeC cables, but doesn't help. Turning to airplane mode eliminates the EMI, but not practical

Am holding back buying S1 given my 2S EMI experience

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #1,041 of 2,329
@rustyvinyl it sounds like Audirect retained the house sound, good thing is that they update their sound with each firmware, at the beggining the beam2 was nasty, third fw actually gave a decent sound, fourth was quite outstanding, you can roll back into FW's to your liking, for sure they'll update their fw you'll see

@wwyjoe only thing i can say about the s1 is that it is comparable with my top daps (Sony wm1a modded FW and Cayin n6II e01) of course they are 3 different flavors, but they all have something in common: sound isn't digital flavored, actually i praise the s1 since its so small and the sound signature is outstanding (right now im hooked to it through my Mac, using tidal, Motorpsycho newest album sounds outstanding since theres a bunch of layering inside each track)

i do second that is my best purchase of the year along with a bargain i got for a zx300 for 240 usd, Sony's modded firmwares are quite amazing.

Sep 1, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #1,046 of 2,329
I’ve searched the thread and can’t seem to find any details but can this be used at the same time as charging your phone (Android) if you buy The right dual USB splitter?

Sep 2, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #1,049 of 2,329
Not quite sure what the EQ Preset Radio is for. Who wants to listen to that? :ksc75smile:

s1_radio_eq.png
Could be EQ radio more emphasize on vocal, mid-range frequency. Sorry for late post.

Sep 3, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #1,050 of 2,329
I just picked up a paw s1 to use on quick go with my IEMs when I don't want to carry my DAP and when I was to use iems with videos. I've read back a few pages but haven't found an answer to my question so I'm going to post here. My apologies if it's been answered before.

Does everyone just set their source to max volume and then control volume on the s1? For example, max volume on phone, paw s1 volume control from there (low volume settings in this setup)
From memory of the audio world usually you set a source to max and control volume on the amp so I'm wondering if this is the recommended setup with the s1 or if I should set my phone to maybe half volume and the s1 to where I want the sound at. Or in Reverse, s1 near max, phone to control volume.

Any insights are appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back