Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Aug 1, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #841 of 2,329
Hi, do you mind advising how I can set up AISO4ALL in Foobar?
I have downloaded/installed AISO4ALL but dont see it in the Windows Device Manager. I checked the Playback Output under Foobar and dont see the AISO.
Do I need to install additional component from Foobar?

The S1 output states 44.1k even though I selected a 192k file. Any idea how I can set Foobar to run at the correct frequency.

Did anyone Neutron player with S1?
Thanks for your help in advance
Before installing AISO for all install 'ASIO Support' component in foobar. Just search it and install it. Once installed it go to foobar- file-preferences- components- and see the asio support component, now install it.

Aug 1, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #843 of 2,329
I got the replacement for the S1. It works with the 1.0.0.6 firmware update (phew)
I've liked the Movie setting for music when listening with the er2xr.
Anybody know have what Movie Eq emphasizes or any FR diagram on the emphasis?

Aug 1, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #844 of 2,329
I got the replacement for the S1. It works with the 1.0.0.6 firmware update (phew)
See post 695!

Aug 1, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #845 of 2,329
You need to update to 1.0.0.7, also do you know what exactly was wrong with the previous S1 you had?

Aug 1, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #846 of 2,329
You need to update to 1.0.0.7, also do you know what exactly was wrong with the previous S1 you had?
I couldn't narrow down what happened with the previous one. I've upgraded 1.0.0.7 works it seems

Aug 1, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #848 of 2,329
Hi All,

Does anyone of you can compare the lotoo paw gold touch with the paw s1? I am thinking of buying lpgt and currently have the paw s1.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
I happen to have both of them (and paw 6000 as well). What specifically do you want to know about?

I think the LPGT is hands down one of the best purchases I have ever made. Very smooth and clean user interface (much better than Android-based systems in my mind). Powerful enough to fully drive the Sony IER-Z1R. If you already have a decent music collection (in SD cards), I think LPGT is the best option in the market right now.

I think the S1 is more for casual uses especially with streaming services. It can drive most headphones pretty efficiently. In terms of sound, the LPGT is a step up in many aspects, but it is also substantially more expensive. I think the difference between S1 and LPGT is most salient when you have IEMs that really require power to drive. You will really get to appreciate the IEM with the LPGT.

Ultimately for the usability, the S1 and LPGT are very different products. The LPGT is an standalone music player while the S1 is not. The S1 is more targeted to be used with streaming services. The usb-dac function in the LPGT is also great, but sometimes when I just want to listen to Spotify on my computer, I will plug in the S1 and start listening right away.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #850 of 2,329
Does anyone know what the output impedance of the S1 is, please? I ask because my google sleuthing skills have failed me and I don't see this listed in any of the documentation. (I ask because I'm considering pairing it with an Andromeda).
I don't know the OI, but it pairs wonderfully with the Andromeda Gold. Inky black background, nice driving power (when powered by a 2.1amp+ port)

Aug 1, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #851 of 2,329
Before installing AISO for all install 'ASIO Support' component in foobar. Just search it and install it. Once installed it go to foobar- file-preferences- components- and see the asio support component, now install it.

Thanks, managed to install the AISO and ASO4ALL in Foobar.
When I select the S1 output in Foobar, the displayed frequency on the S1 is 48K regardless if the files are 44.1, 96 or 192.

When I use the ASIO4ALL out in Foobar, the S1 will show 96 and 192k correctly same as the files. However, all 44.1 files will have crackling sound when using ASIOALL as output.
Foobar doesnt decode DSD too.

I tried the Neutron music player (trial) and have no problem with DSD, 44.1, 48, 96, 192, etc.
I will try other music apps later, any other recommendation from the group here for Windows 10 and/or IOS?
Thanks

Aug 2, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #852 of 2,329
I happen to have both of them (and paw 6000 as well). What specifically do you want to know about?

I think the LPGT is hands down one of the best purchases I have ever made. Very smooth and clean user interface (much better than Android-based systems in my mind). Powerful enough to fully drive the Sony IER-Z1R. If you already have a decent music collection (in SD cards), I think LPGT is the best option in the market right now.

I think the S1 is more for casual uses especially with streaming services. It can drive most headphones pretty efficiently. In terms of sound, the LPGT is a step up in many aspects, but it is also substantially more expensive. I think the difference between S1 and LPGT is most salient when you have IEMs that really require power to drive. You will really get to appreciate the IEM with the LPGT.

Ultimately for the usability, the S1 and LPGT are very different products. The LPGT is an standalone music player while the S1 is not. The S1 is more targeted to be used with streaming services. The usb-dac function in the LPGT is also great, but sometimes when I just want to listen to Spotify on my computer, I will plug in the S1 and start listening right away.
I have Sony IER-Z1R. Thanks for the feedback. I will give it a try.

Aug 2, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #853 of 2,329
I have Sony IER-Z1R. Thanks for the feedback. I will give it a try.
Hope you will enjoy it! I personally like using the POP PMEQ with the IER; I think it’s the perfect fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back