Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Jun 24, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #438 of 2,329
Not quite sure what the EQ Preset Radio is for. Who wants to listen to that? :ksc75smile:

s1_radio_eq.png

Jun 24, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #440 of 2,329
Jun 24, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #441 of 2,329
I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm sure there's a logic behind it.
Presumably based on common issues with listening to radio via streaming or similar?
Or perhaps those who miss the sound of listening to music on old radios? :)

Jun 24, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #443 of 2,329
1.0.0.7 didn't eliminate the interference for me... Not really sure how a software update would have been able to do that anyways.

I still don't hear it most of the time but it does show up from occasionally and I definitely just heard it. Using WiFi, though it was sitting right next to my laptop which may have contributed.

Jun 24, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #444 of 2,329
1.0.0.7 didn't eliminate the interference for me... Not really sure how a software update would have been able to do that anyways.

I still don't hear it most of the time but it does show up from occasionally and I definitely just heard it. Using WiFi, though it was sitting right next to my laptop which may have contributed.
Agree with you I can still hear also

Jun 24, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #445 of 2,329
Not quite sure what the EQ Preset Radio is for. Who wants to listen to that? :ksc75smile:

s1_radio_eq.png

Klaus, I'm guessing these presets are aimed at a wide variety of listeners, beyond audiophiles :D That's why they included radio, game, and movie presets in addition to other ones. I can imagine, a radio preset with a focus on mids/vocals might be useful for listening to podcast or talk radio shows or internet radio shows.

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #446 of 2,329
Hi All,

does anyone of you have issues with the lotoo usb type c cable which comes with the DAC ?
I noticed that when I move the plug on the DAC side when it is connected it sometimes disconnect from the phone but is still powered on - very strange, then few seconds later it connects to the phone again. Anyone with similar issue ?

Jun 24, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #448 of 2,329
Finally get my S1. It comes with 1.0.0.4 and updated to 1.0.0.7 now.

And wow, I certainly can heard the differences in sound, like the slight grain is completely gone or something. Not sure if it just my mind playing trick with me, but it is cleaner and notes are more solid overall. This is the sound I'm happier with than the sound coming out of the box.

Going to take some pics and compare it to a few stuff in my arsenal in the next few days. If anyone would like to request some comparison, feel free to check my gears collection on my profile and I'll see what I can do. For starter, I think I'll go with BTR5. :)

Jun 24, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #449 of 2,329
Finally get my S1. It comes with 1.0.0.4 and updated to 1.0.0.7 now.

And wow, I certainly can heard the differences in sound, like the slight grain is completely gone or something. Not sure if it just my mind playing trick with me, but it is cleaner and notes are more solid overall. This is the sound I'm happier with than the sound coming out of the box.

Going to take some pics and compare it to a few stuff in my arsenal in the next few days. If anyone would like to request some comparison, feel free to check my gears collection on my profile and I'll see what I can do. For starter, I think I'll go with BTR5. :)

So JNE came earlier than expected Jef :) look fwd to read comparison with BTR5. Let's make Rolland Claudio crave for S1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back