Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
May 19, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #16 of 2,329
Let's see who are the.lucky ones to get the free apple cable.

I know I am getting one as I was one of the first pre-order at MusicTeck :)
The first 50 will get one from what Andrew told me.

May 19, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #17 of 2,329
I would like to get a DIY 4.4 mm cable for my modified Koss Porta Pro. Any idea where I should look?

Mine was DIY from a local cable maker here. Not sure about other cable company to recommend, sorry.

Does anyone have one of these in hand yet? I recently decided to pick up a creative sxfi amp instead of this as I originally intended it for much more casual listening, and also to be used for tv shows/movies. I know it only shares the same dac chip with this, so probably not a great comparison. But it hisses pretty badly with my new solaris 2020, and I think the amp portion there isnt the greatest as with the ifi iematch, full volume is still not that loud. So I am wondering how the noise floor is on this, especially with much more sensitive IEMs. I may pick one up anyways, but would prefer not to spend the extra money if its going to hiss.

I have the SXFI, it certainly not that good for use with sensitive IEM. It's a good pair with full size headphones that isn't hard to drive. I enjoyed using it for watching movie, but not so much for music as I don't think it sounds clean enough.

When my S1 arrives, I'll give them a quick comparison.

May 19, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #18 of 2,329
Awesome! We’ve got a thread, mine is coming sometime next week I hope, I ordered a cable with it, though the shop told me that the cable would take one day longer since they had to order it (though they promised 3 days... fingers crossed) nevertheless I’m pretty happy I got the s1; I might not have cash for a ltp 6k but I can live with this one :)

May 19, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #19 of 2,329
Well, decided it wasn't such a big expense so I could take a chance on it. I'm sure I'll get use out it. Here's hoping it's quiet enough with sensitive iems.

May 21, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #21 of 2,329
IMG_20200521_132939.jpg
IMG_20200521_133003.jpg

May 21, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #24 of 2,329
Sounds still retains the Lotoo signature, big soundstage and reference quality. ATE/EQ setting are yet to be explored, but those are always fun. Absolutely no hiss from senstive IEMs from 4.4mm output. Just a little bit of EMI niggling occasionally when not playing music. Not that I have tried many, but I doubt any other dongles comes to this level of sound...

May 21, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #27 of 2,329
Sounds still retains the Lotoo signature, big soundstage and reference quality. ATE/EQ setting are yet to be explored, but those are always fun. Absolutely no hiss from senstive IEMs from 4.4mm output. Just a little bit of EMI niggling occasionally when not playing music. Not that I have tried many, but I doubt any other dongles comes to this level of sound...
Did you update the firmware to 1.0.0.5 ?

May 21, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #30 of 2,329
Mine is coming in couple of days. Anyone else got his?:)

Us Europeans will need to wait a bit, same as you... pretty eager to get it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back