Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Nov 10, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #2,176 of 3,519
The biggest difference between the sound would be in the high frequencies where it is more detailed yet smoother.

Mid range also has more texture.

But tonally it's the familiar Lotoo sound that you know. It a more refined version of that.

3.5mm has more power output so you can drive stubborn headphones.
What about the bass? More subbass again? 😋

Would you say the titanium is a sound upgrade in every aspect OR just a sidegrade compared to the original LPGT tuning?

Nov 10, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #2,177 of 3,519
What about the bass? More subbass again? 😋

Would you say the titanium is a sound upgrade in every aspect OR just a sidegrade compared to the original LPGT tuning?

Bass on the other hand is tight yet fast but it isn't as simple as just that.

What I find is that if you are running single dynamic earphones you get a very fast and tight response.

With hybrid designs iems you get a similar response but I just find that for those with Dynamic bass they handle power better and scale unevenly due to BA limitations.

VS the original lpgt. The titanium is better but only just.

Honestly what is great is the 3.5mm which was ment to driver headphones better.

I find that it works very well for iems as well. You can hear the power increments and the music just sounds in greater control

Nov 10, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #2,178 of 3,519
Bass on the other hand is tight yet fast but it isn't as simple as just that.

What I find is that if you are running single dynamic earphones you get a very fast and tight response.

With hybrid designs iems you get a similar response but I just find that for those with Dynamic bass they handle power better and scale unevenly due to BA limitations.

VS the original lpgt. The titanium is better but only just.

Honestly what is great is the 3.5mm which was ment to driver headphones better.

I find that it works very well for iems as well. You can hear the power increments and the music just sounds in greater control
Tell us more 😋

Nov 12, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #2,181 of 3,519
Not much discussed is how excellent the line out is on the LPGT. Certain competition (cough kough) send the amped signal at fixed volume and call it a line out. The LPGT has a true line out that bypasses the internal amp by electronic switching. The signal is clean; it's home stereo quality. Actually in our new apartment, my computer-based headphone system (Foobar > Gungnir) is no longer in the main room. I am now using the LPGT (lossless files through the line out) as a source directly into the Audio GD Precession 1 amp and KEF LS50s. It is great sound. I am not missing much over Gumby's multibit architecture.

LPGT Line Out black.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #2,184 of 3,519
Can someone please confirm if a micro SD card (of course with the adapter) from sandisk works well on the LPGT?

Edit: Also where would I get those plastic see-through cover?

It's iffy. Sometimes the card doesn't physically seat properly and so won't be read. Even when it does, the read speeds (judged by how fast album art loads in the list and the accuracy of the frequency analyzer) are slower and less consistent. I'm not sure if this gets better with better adapters (and how would you know what is a better adapter?), but the three I tried, including a Sandisk, were all about the same. On the other hand, using a micro SD card with adapter worked okay enough to get me by while my full-size SD card arrived. Just annoying at times though.

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #2,185 of 3,519
Can someone please confirm if a micro SD card (of course with the adapter) from sandisk works well on the LPGT?

Edit: Also where would I get those plastic see-through cover?
Actuallly sandisk is the brand officially recommended by Lotoo, so don't worry about it.
But as far as I know, somehow a full size SD works more stable on a LPGT. So I recommend some full size sandisk SD cards that are frequently used in Single Lens Reflex Cameras which means they are reliable.
But if you have other devices that require small sized TF cards (micro SD card), it is OK to just use an adapter. I think sandisk works best on lotoo devices. My lexar cards are not as stable and reliable as sandisk.
For the plastic see through case, I feel you don't need them unless your are on a LPGT Ti. If you mean the screen cover they are included in the box.
The leather case comes with whichever LPGT version comes with high quality and durability, really satisfying no need to change.
If you really need a plastic see through case I know in mainland China I buy them from Lotoo on JD dot come or Taobao dot come official e-shop platforms opened by lotoo, but you may need to use chinese to buy them and shipment may be complicated.

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #2,186 of 3,519
Any Stellia owner here who listens (or listened at a show) with the LPGT? How is the synergy? Too clinical sounding? What about driving power? Of course the LPGT should drive the Stellia with ease. But loudness - as we know - isn’t all. Thanks for any impression!
I think LPGT works better with iems because they are designed to be portable devices. It depends on how your compare it with other devices. compare with similar sized portable daps lpgt has enough driving power for 35 ohm I think with high gain and is better than other portable devices. But if you compare with desktop high-end devices for driving the stellia, it really can't compare sound quality wise right.... I don't think LPGT is too clinical paired with a beryllium (Be) dynamic dome on your stellia. LPGT paired with balanced armarture may sounds clinical but with dynamic dome drivers they are very natural and smooth.
I think if you have desktop devices at home and use LPGT as an compromisation and does not really care about if it drives full size headphones to the full and only enjoy music it works fine. But if you listen too critically portable devices certainly cannot reach the level of desktop devices driving full size headphones.
I think stellia is designed to be drived portablly and even a Sony WM1Z has enough power to drive it, so LPGT to compare is far from enough power to drive it, I think with hight gain no more than 60/100 would be enough for 35 ohm. It is satisfying enough and if not too critically listen for challenging tracks, it would not be a problem.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #2,187 of 3,519
It's iffy. Sometimes the card doesn't physically seat properly and so won't be read. Even when it does, the read speeds (judged by how fast album art loads in the list and the accuracy of the frequency analyzer) are slower and less consistent. I'm not sure if this gets better with better adapters (and how would you know what is a better adapter?), but the three I tried, including a Sandisk, were all about the same. On the other hand, using a micro SD card with adapter worked okay enough to get me by while my full-size SD card arrived. Just annoying at times though.
Thank you, I will get the normal SD-card (1tb extreme pro), not gonna take any risk here.
Actuallly sandisk is the brand officially recommended by Lotoo, so don't worry about it.
But as far as I know, somehow a full size SD works more stable on a LPGT. So I recommend some full size sandisk SD cards that are frequently used in Single Lens Reflex Cameras which means they are reliable.
But if you have other devices that require small sized TF cards (micro SD card), it is OK to just use an adapter. I think sandisk works best on lotoo devices. My lexar cards are not as stable and reliable as sandisk.
For the plastic see through case, I feel you don't need them unless your are on a LPGT Ti. If you mean the screen cover they are included in the box.
The leather case comes with whichever LPGT version comes with high quality and durability, really satisfying no need to change.
If you really need a plastic see through case I know in mainland China I buy them from Lotoo on JD dot come or Taobao dot come official e-shop platforms opened by lotoo, but you may need to use chinese to buy them and shipment may be complicated.
I bought a clear case because it´s not really pricey (Aliexpress) and if I don't like it I will sell it. Oh, and I will need it for the Ti :wink:
I think LPGT works better with iems because they are designed to be portable devices. It depends on how your compare it with other devices. compare with similar sized portable daps lpgt has enough driving power for 35 ohm I think with high gain and is better than other portable devices. But if you compare with desktop high-end devices for driving the stellia, it really can't compare sound quality wise right.... I don't think LPGT is too clinical paired with a beryllium (Be) dynamic dome on your stellia. LPGT paired with balanced armarture may sounds clinical but with dynamic dome drivers they are very natural and smooth.
I think if you have desktop devices at home and use LPGT as an compromisation and does not really care about if it drives full size headphones to the full and only enjoy music it works fine. But if you listen too critically portable devices certainly cannot reach the level of desktop devices driving full size headphones.
I think stellia is designed to be drived portablly and even a Sony WM1Z has enough power to drive it, so LPGT to compare is far from enough power to drive it, I think with hight gain no more than 60/100 would be enough for 35 ohm. It is satisfying enough and if not too critically listen for challenging tracks, it would not be a problem.
Like said above, I am sure the Ti has more than enough power to drive my really easy to drive Stellia. If I would listen with HD800 or ZMF Verité etc. I think I would have thought about other ways to get the needed power.
Thing is: I once tested the LPGT with a balanced armature IEM (InEar ProPhile8). I loved the combination. So I don't know why you state it would sound too clinical. Maybe I also love a more dryer sound that is near the harman curve. Anyways, I also tested my Stellia on desktop high-end devices against my Calyx M DAP that I have right now, and I have to tell you that I didn't hear a big difference, in fact I didn't hear a difference at all, more on the contrary, I seemed to like the sound more directly out of the DAP. Maybe the Stellia was built that way, I don't know. At the moment I am amping the Calyx M with the Romi Audio BX-1 portable amp, but I hope to get rid of that stacking when I get my LPGT Ti in a few weeks! Thanks anyways.

Nov 21, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #2,188 of 3,519
I found a first review of the LPGT ti on a Korean audio shop. Well, it’s a shop, so „review“ is probably the false name :wink:
But the guy seems to be quite sceptic at the beginning, that’s what I liked (I google translated, so much is lost in translation) but I think I kind of got what he meant. Any Korean speaking headfier here who can summarize? :) He seems to love the ti in the end though ... and it’s sold out on their website.
https://sound-square.co.kr/107/?q=Y...=view&idx=5265401&t=board&category=8w297560fJ

Anyone else getting one?

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #2,189 of 3,519
I have a general question, since I am quite new to Hifi I don't understand the following. The frequency range of DSD is up to 100kHz, my headphones are up to 45 kHz. But the Lotoo can provide only a frequency range up to 20 kHz. Let put the whole discussion aside whether you can hear something over 20 kHz and let assume that you can, how much sense does it make to use DSD files if the player can output only up to 20 kHz? Does my question make any sense at all or am I misunderstanding something?

Nov 23, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #2,190 of 3,519
I have a general question, since I am quite new to Hifi I don't understand the following. The frequency range of DSD is up to 100kHz, my headphones are up to 45 kHz. But the Lotoo can provide only a frequency range up to 20 kHz. Let put the whole discussion aside whether you can hear something over 20 kHz and let assume that you can, how much sense does it make to use DSD files if the player can output only up to 20 kHz? Does my question make any sense at all or am I misunderstanding something?

There's a difference between the sample rate of DSD (which can go up to MHz) and the frequency range of your hearing or a pair of headphones. You are correct in saying that the human ear can only hear up to about 20kHz; realistically, 18-19kHz for a normal, healthy adult.

Now, the sample rate of DSD, or FLAC, or any other file type has nothing to do with that. The Hz in sample rate refers to how many times per second the computer checks the waveform for a data point. You can think of it like frames-per-second on a GPU or the refresh rate of a monitor (which is also measured in Hz). So, for example, a DSD256 file with an 11.2MHz sample rate will create a waveform with 11.2 million data points per second. Whereas, a CD rip with a sample rate of 44.1kHz will only obtain 44,100 data points per second, and any data point in between will be estimated by the DAC that's processing it; similar to, again, modern GPU technology, where GPUs can now fill in gaps between frames by "guessing" what they'd look like in order to make the gameplay look smoother or more seamless.

It's really difficult to explain without using graphics and stuff, but the key thing to understand is that sample rate and frequency range are two completely different things. It's, sadly, often misunderstood, but it's not something you should worry about at all in this scenario.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back