Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
May 19, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #1,894 of 3,519
May 19, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #1,895 of 3,519
Ah, Rockbox's custom firmware.

Was actually referring to more recent devices with official supported feature. As far as I'm aware, other than the LPGT and LP6K, I don't know of any others that have this uncommon, but very useful feature (for my use case at least). I thought I read somwhere about this 'upside down' screen feature on another device but I just cannot remember. Maybe I got wrong.

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #1,896 of 3,519
Ah, Rockbox's custom firmware.

Was actually referring to more recent devices with official supported feature. As far as I'm aware, other than the LPGT and LP6K, I don't know of any others that have this uncommon, but very useful feature (for my use case at least). I thought I read somwhere about this 'upside down' screen feature on another device but I just cannot remember. Maybe I got wrong.

3-2-1... Waiting for @musicday to reply that Tera player does 180-360 degree rotation of the display :p

j/k, Tera doesn't have a screen :wink:

Jun 13, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #1,899 of 3,519
Sorry to ask but I wasn't up to date about the lpgt streaming feature...

Still nothing more than bluetooth? The wifi feature hasn't been updated since to communicate with a phone and transmit the sound ?

By the way if someone is looking for a new sealed lpgt at bargain price, send a PM.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #1,900 of 3,519
Hmm.... I had not realized that Shure had released the KSE1200 Electrostatic IEM, removing the DAC section of the KSE1500, making the amp smaller, and cutting $1,000 from the price.

Actually the amp (93 × 53 × 21 mm) would attach nicely to the back of the LPGT (119 × 69 × 21 mm) using 3M Dual-Lock. Then feed from the line out with all the benefits of the LPGT's DAC and PMEQ.

So anyone using the Shure KSE1200 with the LPGT? :ksc75smile:

Jun 23, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #1,901 of 3,519
My Lotoo PAW Gold Touch is on the way and I am super excited! After years of slowly accumulating complaints about my current DAP, the Onkyo DP-X1, I finally got fed up. I'm hoping the LPGT fully alleviates all these annoyances:

PEQ exists on the DP-X1, but it is completely touch-based, making even minor adjustments a nerve-wracking exercise in dexterity that I nearly always fail. For example, the +/- decibel value for an EQ point doesn't display unless you touch that point. And, it's impossible to touch that tiny point with big fingers without adjusting it. It's completely infuriating and almost unusable. I am thrilled that the Lotoo has PEQ based on simply inputting values. Seems so much simpler.

DP-X1's stupid modded Android OS has 4 different places to change settings for the sound and some of those settings require an absurd number of clicks and scrolls to access. It takes 10 just to change the gain, I counted, and that's if you remember exactly how to navigate the multiple menu levels to get there. I'm done with DAPs that try to shoehorn a music UI into Android.

It's a very complicated process to place the DP-X1 into a pocket or remove it from a pocket without changing the volume. A lot. Kind of hard to use it as a portable that way. Maybe there are better implemented side-scroll volume wheels, but I'm going with volume on top from now on.

There's a couple of other things, but basically I wanted a DAP that had thoughtful and sophisticated for-music design inside and out, with as few extra bells and whistles as possible. Here's hoping I'll get that with the LPGT. Thanks to everyone on the thread that provided impressions and info! Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #1,902 of 3,519
My Lotoo PAW Gold Touch is on the way and I am super excited! After years of slowing accumulating complaints about my current DAP, the Onkyo DP-X1, I finally got fed up. I'm hoping the LPGT fully alleviates all these annoyances:

PEQ exists on the DP-X1, but it is completely touch-based, making even minor adjustments a nerve-wracking exercise in dexterity that I nearly always fail. For example, the +/- decibel value for an EQ point doesn't display unless you touch that point. And, it's impossible to touch that tiny point with big fingers without adjusting it. It's completely infuriating and almost unusable. I am thrilled that the Lotoo has PEQ based on simply inputting values. Seems so much simpler.

DP-X1's stupid modded Android OS has 4 different places to change settings for the sound and some of those settings require an absurd number of clicks and scrolls to access. It takes 10 just to change the gain, I counted, and that's if you remember exactly how to navigate the multiple menu levels to get there. I'm done with DAPs that try to shoehorn a music UI into Android.

It's a very complicated process to place the DP-X1 into a pocket or remove it from a pocket without changing the volume. A lot. Kind of hard to use it as a portable that way. Maybe there are better implemented side-scroll volume wheels, but I'm going with volume on top from now on.

There's a couple of other things, but basically I wanted a DAP that had thoughtful and sophisticated for-music design inside and out, with as few extra bells and whistles as possible. Here's hoping I'll get that with the LPGT. Thanks to everyone on the thread that provided impressions and info! Much appreciated.

Congratulations! I am loving my LPGT. I think that you will be happy.

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #1,904 of 3,519
Wi-Fi streaming will soon be available on LPGT via firmware update, hopefully? Split between N8 and LPGT...

I wouldn't count on it. The Lotoo hardware and OS are not designed for wi-fi streaming, and I doubt they'd try to cram in that function if they cannot do it well.

I get that that might seem like a lack, but with the bidirectional bluetooth, it really isn't. I mean, I can't imagine a situation where I'd have wi-fi access, but not my phone or computer. So, for all practical purposes streaming through my phone then bluetoothing audio to my DAP is no different than streaming directly through my DAP. Well, except that my phone has been designed with data use in mind from the ground up and can stream using 4G, 5G, or wi-fi. So, actually, bluetoothing from my phone is the better option anyway.

Frankly, I consider the 'lack' of wi-fi streaming a positive feature of this DAP. Fewer sources of noise, more streamlined UI, purpose-built OS, no added draw on the battery, and I'm not paying for a feature I'm unlikely to ever use except as a back-up to my phone.

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #1,905 of 3,519
Wi-Fi streaming will soon be available on LPGT via firmware update, hopefully? Split between N8 and LPGT...
please lotoo, do not add wifi streaming. lpgt is for people who don't want wifi streaming. if you want wifi streaming please buy something else. wifi streaming complicates the lpgt and means a streaming app? no thanks. i bought the lpgt because it's not an n8. i don't want apps. i just want the best pure music player. if you want streaming on a dap, lpgt is not for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back