Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Feb 6, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #1,756 of 3,496
Going to be tough short term I got the last unit and now with CoV hard to get one fast...

Musicteck had a special on lpgt at 2700!

They couldnt send me 1 because of canjam they need all their daps )

I am not in a rush for now, still need to investigate further more if it what I really need and will like it vs 1z.

Do you have impressions on how far it extends in both ends? Vs N8
How is that bass vs n8?
As textured layered and nuanced?

Feb 6, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #1,757 of 3,496
Musicteck had a special on lpgt at 2700!

They couldnt send me 1 because of canjam they need all their daps )

I am not in a rush for now, still need to investigate further more if it what I really need and will like it vs 1z.

Do you have impressions on how far it extends in both ends? Vs N8
How is that bass vs n8?
As textured layered and nuanced?

Didn't you take a trip last year from Canada to NJ? Maybe you should visit NYC in a week for a Canjam :wink:

Feb 6, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #1,758 of 3,496
Didn't you take a trip last year from Canada to NJ? Maybe you should visit NYC in a week for a Canjam :wink:

Il do my best to be there but not easy with my job. Always something down the road....

Like now driving threw winter storm and a day half a go I was in Alabama dang it was summer time crazy

Feb 6, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #1,760 of 3,496
Does anyone know if Lotoo are going to release firmware with English language for LPGT?

They always have, all languages are in the one firmware. They just very annoyingly region lock the hardware devices so they can price hike for English and European language countries.

Where did you get yours?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #1,761 of 3,496
They always have, all languages are in the one firmware. They just very annoyingly region lock the hardware devices so they can price hike for English and European language contries.

Where did you get yours?

Thanks for the info. I am looking at one which is the Chinese version, and thought the language could be unlocked with a firmware update, but if it's a region lock on the hardware, then I guess it's not that straightforward.

Feb 6, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #1,762 of 3,496
Thanks for the info. I am looking at one which is the Chinese version, and thought the language could be unlocked with a firmware update, but if it's a region lock on the hardware, then I guess it's not that straightforward.

Yeah, stay clear. No hack that I know of either.

Feb 9, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #1,764 of 3,496
My view of XRC, back when it was a simple On/Off switch, used to be this:
Kobe Bryant XRC Trash rs.jpg

Since then, two things happened:
1. Lotoo added settings for XRC and it became more subtle and nuanced; and
2. Kobe passed away. RIP!

For movies requiring natural 3D imaging, I still leave XRC off. But I find that the PCM upsampling (no conversion to DSD) can sound quite good with some music. It is a nice option to have.

Feb 9, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #1,765 of 3,496
Just back from travels and downloaded the new firmware. Manual 'drag and drop' sorting is now accurate at last. Just drag a song to fully clear the small print below the song that it is to follow. It falls into place every time. How about that?

Happy! :ksc75smile:

Feb 10, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #1,767 of 3,496
After having the Paw 6000 for a couple of weeks and abosolutely loving the sound, I've bought a LPGT and looking forward to comparing. Probably overkill for my VE8 but curiosity got the better of me :).
10 more daps then you will know.

Feb 10, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #1,769 of 3,496

Users who are viewing this thread

Back