Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Oct 1, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #661 of 3,519
Soo nice guys awaiting for reviews :) and comparisons

Oct 2, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #662 of 3,519
I'm not all that excited for the new over-priced player (or really care). I thought the performance of the original LPG was hyped. Certainly wasn't a top tier as people make it out to be. Perhaps it's the gold buttons. Bling bling. Haha.

The only thing I liked about it was that it drove drivers really well. Like the iSines, and the parametric EQ, which was a nice add, but the interface was real ghetto for the price. LOL. It was a ghetto player, that was blocky and weight a lot.

Really, it wasn't a transparent player or anything like people make it out to be some magic player. The response had a set bass output that every transducer I've tried it on, sounded the same. The way it drove the transducers, everything ended up sounding the same with the treble tilt and the rounded bass. EQ worked well, so it was best to EQ down that treble output. LOL.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #663 of 3,519
I had the time of my life in Singapore. Spend the majority of time testing various audio product. To me, the highlights of the journey were meeting all the talented head-fiers. At the current stage of my life, for me, it is all about the relationship I'm making in this hobby.

LPGT is am an amazing Dap, slightly north of neutral. Very responsive UI and the sound was non-fatiguing. if I had money I would buy it in a heartbeat. I personally liked it more than WM1Z.

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #664 of 3,519
I had the time of my life in Singapore. Spend the majority of time testing various audio product. To me, the highlights of the journey were meeting all the talented head-fiers. At the current stage of my life, for me, it is all about the relationship I'm making in this hobby.

LPGT is am an amazing Dap, slightly north of neutral. Very responsive UI and the sound was non-fatiguing. if I had money I would buy it in a heartbeat. I personally liked it more than WM1Z.

Cool, are you still in Singapore and when will you be heading back?

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #665 of 3,519

Woow thays so awsume and yes this hobby is very unique even me a truck driver audiophile I make friends down the road haha :)

Can you elaborate please why you like it over 1z cause this 2 daps are so totaly different in sound signature.
1z is very warm and thick sounding. I thought thr lpgt would be more natural and life like sounding. What was your impressions overall?

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #666 of 3,519
Cool, are you still in Singapore and when will you be heading back?

Sadly I departed the land last night and I'm currently back home, trying to write my impression from various places I've meet.

Woow thays so awsume and yes this hobby is very unique even me a truck driver audiophile I make friends down the road haha :)

Can you elaborate please why you like it over 1z cause this 2 daps are so totaly different in sound signature.
1z is very warm and thick sounding. I thought thr lpgt would be more natural and life like sounding. What was your impressions overall?

1Z sounds great, dont get me wrong but I much prefer the pricing and of 1A and its over-all tonality, I find it more friendly to a wider IEM due to its more neutral tonality, slightly offer the north of neutral. 1Z is certainly a warmer sound compared to 1A.

I found the 3.5mm LPGT too similar to LPG, which can at times be too neutral, however it is LPG and in a way we get two daps in one. So the old LPG owners can still get a more refined sound compared to LPG, but I've moved on from that sound. If it was not for the sound of the balance out of LPGT I would have moved on from this dap and stick with WM1A. 1A is a bargain.

I also tried the K-project wm1 mod, while it was not my cup of tea, as it made the wm1 sound like the 1000 SS, however for those who like the AK 1000 SS sound, the K-project and wm1a will offer the same sound at half the price.

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #667 of 3,519
Sadly I departed the land last night and I'm currently back home, trying to write my impression from various places I've meet.

1Z sounds great, dont get me wrong but I much prefer the pricing and of 1A and its over-all tonality, I find it more friendly to a wider IEM due to its more neutral tonality, slightly offer the north of neutral. 1Z is certainly a warmer sound compared to 1A.

I found the 3.5mm LPGT too similar to LPG, which can at times be too neutral, however it is LPG and in a way we get two daps in one. So the old LPG owners can still get a more refined sound compared to LPG, but I've moved on from that sound. If it was not for the sound of the balance out of LPGT I would have moved on from this dap and stick with WM1A. 1A is a bargain.

I also tried the K-project wm1 mod, while it was not my cup of tea, as it made the wm1 sound like the 1000 SS, however for those who like the AK 1000 SS sound, the K-project and wm1a will offer the same sound at half the price.

Thats great thanks fpr feedback. But I have more questions :)

You say very neutral how do you define that?
Like flat? Too reference? Is it more like natural warmy side? I am also only interested in 4.4mm not 3.5mm.

Like you prefer the wm1a over 1z due to it being more balanced.

Oct 5, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #668 of 3,519
Thats great thanks fpr feedback. But I have more questions :)

You say very neutral how do you define that?
Like flat? Too reference? Is it more like natural warmy side? I am also only interested in 4.4mm not 3.5mm.

Like you prefer the wm1a over 1z due to it being more balanced.
LPG has a tendency to sound bright/neutral. It is on the brighter side of neutral. If you have the funds and functionality of LPGT go with it, however, I find the gap between the WM1A vs 1Z, 1000SS and price wise too wide, and sound wise not large enough.

With each FW update WM1A keeps sounding better and better, and it adds this natural bass reverb and layered sound that at its selling price point second to none. I can now have access to USB DAC/ two way BT and honestly as is I'm tempted to buy a second-hand 1A, send it to Music Sanctuary and mod it to get a more AK1000 SS sound, more resolving, and keep the 1A stock to compliment it.

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #669 of 3,519
LPG has a tendency to sound bright/neutral. It is on the brighter side of neutral. If you have the funds and functionality of LPGT go with it, however, I find the gap between the WM1A vs 1Z, 1000SS and price wise too wide, and sound wise not large enough.

With each FW update WM1A keeps sounding better and better, and it adds this natural bass reverb and layered sound that at its selling price point second to none. I can now have access to USB DAC/ two way BT and honestly as is I'm tempted to buy a second-hand 1A, send it to Music Sanctuary and mod it to get a more AK1000 SS sound, more resolving, and keep the 1A stock to compliment it.
with which headphones/IEMs did you test the LPGT?

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #670 of 3,519
with which headphones/IEMs did you test the LPGT?

The following item was accompanying me on my trip:
  • ACS Emotion: After my journy, I have a new respect for this IEM. Currently the most coherent sounding BA out there. I really liked the M9, but the attack of the Emotion was on a different level.
  • Cardas Em5813: To test power, treble extension improvement. If the treble improves too much on this IEM, that means the DAP is bright.
  • AKG N5005: To test treble harshness.
  • JVC FD01

Oct 5, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #671 of 3,519

Thats very interesting you made me reposition the daps in my wish list into this way.
Lpgt
Wm1a or 1z if you like more warmth
And a&k
Cayin n8 and ibasso

I personally like the specs and the looks of lpgt its a very high quality dap looking. The new design with black and gold is very attractive too. All my cables are 4.4 so I am not very woried about 3.5. It is also very interesting that the 3.5 sounds like lpg hehe. This make me think of cayin n8 style you got ntubes and the balanced one :)

Thanks for your feedbacks @audionewbi .
Just clarifie you saying lpg is on brighter/neutral side. Is it the same for lpgt?
Or slightly more warmy over lpg...

Oct 16, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #673 of 3,519
Any review: dx200 Ti vs LPGT?

Oct 16, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #674 of 3,519
Has the opportunity to audition LPGT today and was very impressed by it. Was provided with Dita and an unknown brand IEM (but it sounds expensive with a $300 cable). The SQ on the expensive IEM brings out tons of fantastic SQ. I would say similar or could be better than A&K Ultima + 64audio tia forte. Tough fight. I then plugged in Sennheiser HD820 and was disappointed initially because it sounds so soft as if not enough power to drive it. Then help comes by toggling the magic 4.4mm button to HIGH gain. Wow!, Everything comes roaring back alive. I need to pump up the volume to 90% to enjoy the full range. My first immediate impression is, LPGT drive HD820 better than HDV820+iMac.
Other things that i like about LPGT besides the superb SQ are:
1) very responsive touch display
2) built quality
3) EQ. This is worth mentioning. As all listeners have different taste and ability to hear ranges of freq, this EQ really help and work!! It has many factory profiles that will satisfy 99% listeners from the most critical to least demanding. IMO, this is a plus over A&K Ultima.
4) support SDRAM which is more durable and cheaper.

Disappointments:
1) No Spotify/Tidal support
2) Thick and heavy. Similar to A&K ultima

Unknowns:
1) I saw bluetooth icon but i did not explore it further.

Oct 16, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #675 of 3,519
Has the opportunity to audition LPGT today and was very impressed by it. Was provided with Dita and an unknown brand IEM (but it sounds expensive with a $300 cable). The SQ on the expensive IEM brings out tons of fantastic SQ. I would say similar or could be better than A&K Ultima + 64audio tia forte. Tough fight. I then plugged in Sennheiser HD820 and was disappointed initially because it sounds so soft as if not enough power to drive it. Then help comes by toggling the magic 4.4mm button to HIGH gain. Wow!, Everything comes roaring back alive. I need to pump up the volume to 90% to enjoy the full range. My first immediate impression is, LPGT drive HD820 better than HDV820+iMac.
Other things that i like about LPGT besides the superb SQ are:
1) very responsive touch display
2) built quality
3) EQ. This is worth mentioning. As all listeners have different taste and ability to hear ranges of freq, this EQ really help and work!! It has many factory profiles that will satisfy 99% listeners from the most critical to least demanding. IMO, this is a plus over A&K Ultima.
4) support SDRAM which is more durable and cheaper.

Disappointments:
1) No Spotify/Tidal support
2) Thick and heavy. Similar to A&K ultima

Unknowns:
1) I saw bluetooth icon but i did not explore it further.
Thank you for your impressions. I am waiting for a international release and to see if they have plans to implement streaming in the future or not. Wifi is present on board and it will be a big shame if it is there only for FOTA.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back