1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by EagleWings, Mar 28, 2018.
First

Back
88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
Next

Last
  1. Indeez
    DA425010-5A96-4425-8C5A-7B0555CCE9EB.jpeg Make Black Gold Again

stefzulj, Nayparm, cooperpwc and 5 others like this.
  2. cooperpwc
    Umm... Apparently not. My full quality lossless collection still includes a small number of MP3s. And these still have the same issue. The Professional UI frequency displays are wonky. They do not accurately reflect the music that is being played, and the frequency bars have a disturbing habit of displaying a gap of silence while the music is actually still playing.,

Dear Lotoo: While it does not affect the SQ of this wonderful DAP, please fix the Professional UI display of MP3s in a future firmware update.

Yours truly, a huge fan of the LPGT :)

3. cooperpwc
    I saw that Dignis case on someone's LPGT in HK. It is nice. I actually think the included case is pretty good too.

I looked for and found a simple cloth protective pouch for my LPGT. (Wanchai Computer Mall - Shop 123, if anyone is interested.) The LPG came with one and, even though I have it in the Dignis case, I use it for additional protection when I throw it in a bag. I want to do the same with the LPGT in its leather case. This is very simple and just HK$35:

2.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg

(The pouch has a plastic ball to close it in the loop, but I removed that and made a knot for closing.)

This pouch fits well, but is roomy enough that it should still fit the LPGT in the larger Dignis case. Contemplating... :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  4. damytzeus
    solution: ditch mp3 files and go lossless or hi-rez

5. noplsestar
    A friend of mine travels a lot in Asia, that’s why I‘m thinking of letting him buy one LPGT for me (as soon I have sold my kidney). My question is: where (in which country and then from which dealer) does the DAP cost fewest?

jmills8 likes this.
  6. jmills8
    Why not just buy one of the used Touch ?

7. cooperpwc
    Uh, If you read my thread, I have all my lossless files on my LPGT. And I also own some legacy music that is only in MP3s.

Pro Tip: The music still matters more than the file format.

mrhizzo and CobraMan like this.
  8. cooperpwc
    It is not just a price issue. You also want to be sure that your language is supported, as these DAPs have regional language limitations.

If you are happy with English, a Hong Kong purchase is probably a good bet. It lets you choose between English and traditional Chinese (and also allows for Japanese keyboard input). The price all over Hong Kong is HK$ 19,999 which is about US$ 2,550, no additional taxes.

EDIT: I bought from Let's Go Audio at the Wanchai Computer Mall. Good people IMO - and they have lots of IEMs that you can go back and listen to with your LPGT again and again. I did. :)

But there are other stores that sell it too

noplsestar likes this.
  9. jmills8
    So if he buys a used mint one in USA that too will be in English. When I bought the Touch it was over 24,000 HKD , but yes Ive seen it around 19,000 lately. Bet a used one will be way below 19 000 hkd.

noplsestar likes this.
  10. cooperpwc
    Your analysis is fine. AND not everyone likes to buy used. I personally prefer to buy fewer things and buy new.

I agree that buying used should save money and the LPGT could well be as good as (or nearly as good as) new.

11. damytzeus
    agree that music matters. i have a couple mp3 albums that label only released in mp3 format.

cooperpwc likes this.
  12. damytzeus
    i may not understand the issue. musicteck in usa sells new lpgt for $2600.same as hk price. get one.

13. cooperpwc
    He is in Europe. The issue may be VAT.

noplsestar likes this.
  14. noplsestar
    I don’t like used DAPs :wink:

exaclty
    Thanks. Maybe I get my friend to check out that dealer. But I hoped the price might be much cheaper than in the US ...

15. timeslip
    I know you said you dont' like used, but sent you a PM for mine. I bought it from musicteck in April of this year on impulse, and the dignis case direct from Korea. Selling with Dignis case for $2300

First

Back
88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
Next

Last