Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Aug 14, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #1,456 of 3,516
DA425010-5A96-4425-8C5A-7B0555CCE9EB.jpeg
Make Black Gold Again

Aug 14, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #1,457 of 3,516
Just catching up on (rereading) this thread. Lots of good info. I though that I should share my experience: "A tale of Two SD Cards"...

...Long story ending fast: the issues with the weird behavior of the Professional UI frequency displays immediately disappeared when I installed the new card. It works beautifully now - and it really is beautiful. My theory is that the LPGT reads the information in advance and processes it for music and also the frequency display (when you use that). If the read speed is too slow, it prioritizes the music - as it should - and the display suffers.

I had no indication that the music playback suffered with the slower card - no stuttering etc. - but I sure am happy with my new faster card. Perhaps newer 100mb/s cards read better than my older card that I bought when the LPG first came out, but this is something to consider when you buy an SD card for the LPGT. I bought my 512GB (170mb/s) SanDisc XC 1 for less than US$250 and I am pleased with it.

Umm... Apparently not. My full quality lossless collection still includes a small number of MP3s. And these still have the same issue. The Professional UI frequency displays are wonky. They do not accurately reflect the music that is being played, and the frequency bars have a disturbing habit of displaying a gap of silence while the music is actually still playing.,

Dear Lotoo: While it does not affect the SQ of this wonderful DAP, please fix the Professional UI display of MP3s in a future firmware update.

Yours truly, a huge fan of the LPGT :)

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #1,458 of 3,516
Make Black Gold Again

I saw that Dignis case on someone's LPGT in HK. It is nice. I actually think the included case is pretty good too.

I looked for and found a simple cloth protective pouch for my LPGT. (Wanchai Computer Mall - Shop 123, if anyone is interested.) The LPG came with one and, even though I have it in the Dignis case, I use it for additional protection when I throw it in a bag. I want to do the same with the LPGT in its leather case. This is very simple and just HK$35:

2.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg

(The pouch has a plastic ball to close it in the loop, but I removed that and made a knot for closing.)

This pouch fits well, but is roomy enough that it should still fit the LPGT in the larger Dignis case. Contemplating... :)

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #1,459 of 3,516
Umm... Apparently not. My full quality lossless collection still includes a small number of MP3s. And these still have the same issue. The Professional UI frequency displays are wonky. They do not accurately reflect the music that is being played, and the frequency bars have a disturbing habit of displaying a gap of silence while the music is actually still playing.,

Dear Lotoo: While it does not affect the SQ of this wonderful DAP, please fix the Professional UI display of MP3s in a future firmware update.

Yours truly, a huge fan of the LPGT :)
solution: ditch mp3 files and go lossless or hi-rez

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #1,461 of 3,516
A friend of mine travels a lot in Asia, that’s why I‘m thinking of letting him buy one LPGT for me (as soon I have sold my kidney). My question is: where (in which country and then from which dealer) does the DAP cost fewest?
Why not just buy one of the used Touch ?

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #1,463 of 3,516
A friend of mine travels a lot in Asia, that’s why I‘m thinking of letting him buy one LPGT for me (as soon I have sold my kidney). My question is: where (in which country and then from which dealer) does the DAP cost fewest?

It is not just a price issue. You also want to be sure that your language is supported, as these DAPs have regional language limitations.

If you are happy with English, a Hong Kong purchase is probably a good bet. It lets you choose between English and traditional Chinese (and also allows for Japanese keyboard input). The price all over Hong Kong is HK$ 19,999 which is about US$ 2,550, no additional taxes.

EDIT: I bought from Let's Go Audio at the Wanchai Computer Mall. Good people IMO - and they have lots of IEMs that you can go back and listen to with your LPGT again and again. I did. :)

But there are other stores that sell it too

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #1,464 of 3,516
It is not just a price issue. You also want to be sure that your language is supported, as these DAPs have regional language limitations.

If you are happy with English, a Hong Kong purchase is probably a good bet. It lets you choose between English and traditional Chinese (and also allows for Japanese keyboard input). The price all over Hong Kong is HK$ 19,999 which is about US$ 2,550, no additional taxes.
So if he buys a used mint one in USA that too will be in English. When I bought the Touch it was over 24,000 HKD , but yes Ive seen it around 19,000 lately. Bet a used one will be way below 19 000 hkd.

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #1,465 of 3,516
So if he buys a used mint one in USA that too will be in English. When I bought the Touch it was over 24,000 HKD , but yes Ive seen it around 19,000 lately. Bet a used one will be way below 19 000 hkd.

Your analysis is fine. AND not everyone likes to buy used. I personally prefer to buy fewer things and buy new.

I agree that buying used should save money and the LPGT could well be as good as (or nearly as good as) new.

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #1,469 of 3,516
Why not just buy one of the used Touch ?
I don’t like used DAPs :wink:

He is in Europe. The issue may be VAT.
exaclty

EDIT: I bought from Let's Go Audio at the Wanchai Computer Mall. Good people IMO - and they have lots of IEMs that you can go back and listen to with your LPGT again and again. I did. :)

But there are other stores that sell it too
Thanks. Maybe I get my friend to check out that dealer. But I hoped the price might be much cheaper than in the US ...

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #1,470 of 3,516
I know you said you dont' like used, but sent you a PM for mine. I bought it from musicteck in April of this year on impulse, and the dignis case direct from Korea. Selling with Dignis case for $2300

Users who are viewing this thread

Back