Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Sep 21, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #586 of 3,519
Might as well buy an airplane ticket and go buy it in china lol

Sep 21, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #588 of 3,519
I was reading that earlier and i was surprised by the price. Hopefully they will stick with the original price of 2600 usd, so probably in UK will be £2600.
We shall see.

Wasn't the price tag of $2.6k paid in China and purchased by someone who was friends with someone else working at Lotoo? :D Unless I'm mistaken...

The price spread is pretty big, I don't know 100% but think US price will be arond $3k-$3.1k

Sep 21, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #589 of 3,519
Sep 21, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #590 of 3,519
r2r2000 could have been most portable mini dap but hifiman really blew by putting no R&D to it.
Beside being small it has horrible user interfaces. Short battery life was bad but having
no physical skip button was a major turn off...having to turn on the screen just skip the track
every time. come on bro... LGPT is the next smallest unit I could find at this caliber so I am
very much interested in hearing more about it....

Sep 22, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #591 of 3,519
Hmm, just heard something interesting, for you guys/gals to be aware of. Apparently, LPGT sold in China will come only with Chinese language and you won't be able to upgrade it to fw version with other languages.

Sep 22, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #592 of 3,519
r2r2000 could have been most portable mini dap but hifiman really blew by putting no R&D to it.
Beside being small it has horrible user interfaces. Short battery life was bad but having
no physical skip button was a major turn off...having to turn on the screen just skip the track
every time. come on bro... LGPT is the next smallest unit I could find at this caliber so I am
very much interested in hearing more about it....

chifiman strikes again.

Sep 22, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #594 of 3,519
It doesn't make sense two have different versions, since people mentioned that the chinese version has English in the menu, however we shall see an international release next month.
Hopefully won't see significant delays since this the only music player i like apart from the Tera Player.

Sep 22, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #595 of 3,519
It doesn't make sense two have different versions, since people mentioned that the chinese version has English in the menu, however we shall see an international release next month.
Hopefully won't see significant delays since this the only music player i like apart from the Tera Player.
Did you try N8 yet ?

Sep 22, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #596 of 3,519

It makes sense if they flash different firmware for different countries if they have plans to support country specific streaming services, which I believe Lotoo had hinted at but not promised?

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #600 of 3,519
I don't think Tidal will ever be supported, unless you stream it from your phone, LDAC is supported.

There's more than Tidal when it comes to streaming services around the world, not to mention Tidal is not accessible within China. While within China itself there are already a bunch of other streaming services, which are also not accessible outside of China.

Put those two together and that's a pretty strong case for having different firmware for different countries.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back