Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Feb 22, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #1,786 of 3,519
You can check it out here. I think the slot is for inserting your credit card directly into the DAP (it’s $6k if I remember correctly). :sweat_smile:

Pay-to-Play? :D

Feb 23, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #1,787 of 3,519
Guys, help me with this self-inflicted dilemma. I am an owner of Cayin N6ii (and really liked it) until I got to try out the Lotoo lineup and have grown addicted to the smooth OS and the exquisite tuning. Question is: I am planning to let my N6 go and get a lotoo but still unsure about the paw 6000 and the TOTL touch. Should I hold out cash equivalent to another N6ii and get the touch or the Paw 6000 will be sufficient in terms of value? My main reason for switching is also underutilization as I have no intention of switching the modules and use any bells and whistles that Android offers. In short, looking for a pure and referential DAP. Any thought/feedback would be appreciated!

Feb 23, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #1,788 of 3,519
Guys, help me with this self-inflicted dilemma. I am an owner of Cayin N6ii (and really liked it) until I got to try out the Lotoo lineup and have grown addicted to the smooth OS and the exquisite tuning. Question is: I am planning to let my N6 go and get a lotoo but still unsure about the paw 6000 and the TOTL touch. Should I hold out cash equivalent to another N6ii and get the touch or the Paw 6000 will be sufficient in terms of value? My main reason for switching is also underutilization as I have no intention of switching the modules and use any bells and whistles that Android offers. In short, looking for a pure and referential DAP. Any thought/feedback would be appreciated!

The 6000 is great value for money as it's close to the sound of the LPGT, it's lighter, slightly more compact and has an extra 5 hours battery time. Saying that, if you truly want the best sound then go for the LPGT. The sound is more refined with deeper bass, more extended treble and has a blacker background.

Feb 23, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #1,789 of 3,519
as mentioned, if want the best get the lpgt. i use both lp6k and lpgt. no question, lpgt is a superior player. lp6k is also wonderful and lpgt surpasses in every way except battery life, weight and portability. lpgt is just such an enjoyable musical experience. lp6k sounds wonderful and lpgt is emotional.

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #1,790 of 3,519
One thing I have noticed and didn't on the WM1A, is slight sibilance on vocals on 's' and 't' pronounciations. I would presume this is down to the recorded tracks as it only happens on a handful of songs and not the player or VE8? Anyone else noticing this?

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #1,791 of 3,519
One thing I have noticed and didn't on the WM1A, is slight sibilance on vocals on 's' and 't' pronounciations. I would presume this is down to the recorded tracks as it only happens on a handful of songs and not the player or VE8? Anyone else noticing this?

Hmm, that's a bit strange. The LPGT is among the smoothest DAPs I've heard in the lower-treble (where s and t sounds can get hot), and I found my - albeit K-modded - WM1A hotter in that area. But, yeah, the track can definitely be the culprit. Contrary to popular belief, not everything is perfectly mixed or mastered. I have a few records from John Mayer, Kendrick Lamar and Echosmith (among others) that pretty much sound hot with everything.

Feb 24, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #1,792 of 3,519
Hmm, that's a bit strange. The LPGT is among the smoothest DAPs I've heard in the lower-treble (where s and t sounds can get hot), and I found my - albeit K-modded - WM1A hotter in that area. But, yeah, the track can definitely be the culprit. Contrary to popular belief, not everything is perfectly mixed or mastered. I have a few records from John Mayer, Kendrick Lamar and Echosmith (among others) that pretty much sound hot with everything.

That's weird Dan, my WM1A was k-modded as well and don't recall any issues with that. Maybe my ears are playing up as I get older. Totally agree on mastering. I've spent countless hours researching and putting together a collection of music with the best mastering possible. In some cases though with certain artists you're pretty much stuck with not so great mastering, like Oasis for instance, which is brick-walled to the hilt! Never encountered any issues with John Mayers stuff though as it always sounds more on the warmer side.

Feb 24, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #1,793 of 3,519
That's weird Dan, my WM1A was k-modded as well and don't recall any issues with that. Maybe my ears are playing up as I get older. Totally agree on mastering. I've spent countless hours researching and putting together a collection of music with the best mastering possible. In some cases though with certain artists you're pretty much stuck with not so great mastering, like Oasis for instance, which is brick-walled to the hilt! Never encountered any issues with John Mayers stuff though as it always sounds more on the warmer side.

I found the 1A to have an emphasis around 6kHz even unmodded. The K-mod dampens it slightly, but it's still there to my ears. On the other hand, the LPGT almost has a 6kHz dip. It's also possible we just find different frequencies fatiguing. John Mayer's older catalog is great. It's his latest album, The Search for Everything, that can be a tad hot here and there. His recent single, Carry Me Away, is also weirdly lean-sounding. But, as you are with Oasis, I like the music so much that I don't mind. :D

Feb 24, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #1,794 of 3,519
You can check it out here. I think the slot is for inserting your credit card directly into the DAP (it’s $6k if I remember correctly). :sweat_smile:

Scary DAP, looks like a murder weapon :astonished:

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #1,795 of 3,519
Anyone experienced this? My player just stopped and did this. I have a lexar 512gb sd card with around 200 songs only. How weird.

Attachments

• 20200225_111155.jpg
    20200225_111155.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 25, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #1,796 of 3,519
Anyone experienced this? My player just stopped and did this. I have a lexar 512gb sd card with around 200 songs only. How weird.

Yes! I call it the 'Yellow Screen of Death' (in homage to the Blue Screens of Death that used to plague Windows circa 3.1 and 5). This means that your Lotoo OS is corrupted in memory so a Reset (at bottom of Settings menu) cleans it up by reinstalling from flash.

But I have not seen this screen in at least half a year since I installed the newer OS upgrades.

Feb 27, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #1,797 of 3,519

I noticed this on the 6000 as well, for whatever that’s worth. Haven’t tried the gold touch yet. For me with the 6000 it was evident regardless of iem or speakers connected. It didn’t occur with other DACs or DAPs. Only certain parts of certain songs. Maybe I’m being nitpicky but I feel ya. Liked it otherwise. Hope I don’t experience the same with the gold touch.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #1,798 of 3,519
I noticed this on the 6000 as well, for whatever that’s worth. Haven’t tried the gold touch yet. For me with the 6000 it was evident regardless of iem or speakers connected. It didn’t occur with other DACs or DAPs. Only certain parts of certain songs. Maybe I’m being nitpicky but I feel ya. Liked it otherwise. Hope I don’t experience the same with the gold touch.

Use the PEQ ?

Feb 27, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #1,799 of 3,519

Ah I just posted about this on the Paw 6000 thread. It seems that Lexar 512 GB card will not work on either the Paw 6000 or Gold Touch. Mine did the same thing. Replaced it with the Toshiba and Samsung, and everything is just fine.

Feb 27, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #1,800 of 3,519

Glad it's not just my ears then :). Strange that it's only on certain songs though. The PGT is an amazing player and sounds phenomenal despite the odd bit of sibilance on some songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back