Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Feb 15, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #1,771 of 3,516
Had the LPTG a couple of days now and glad I took a chance on giving it a try after listening to the 6000. It's a beautiful looking player and feels good in the hand, plus the interface is a joy to use. I'm using it with the VE8 and Eletech Iliad cable. It has a deeper bass for sure that hits harder with more detail and texture, as in you can feel the vibration of the notes as the finger hits the string, quite astounding! There is also more air around the instruments in the soundscape, it just sounds so effortless the way the music is portrayed. Like the 6000, the sound is soooo clean but now with a dead black background and more resolution. The instruments are slightly more vivid as they pop around you and hit with more authority and it gives you every little detail to be found in the music, I'm discovering little cues here and there in music I've been listening to for year! Yeah, I know it's a cliche but it has to be said. I thought the 6000 sounded great but the LPGT takes it another step up. It's a rich sounding player with everyhing balanced perfectly, the right amount of warmth with a natural sound and definitely not thin or sterile/boring. Very musical!

The one thing I miss from the 6000 is the extra battery time but it's something I can definitely live with due to the wonderful sound experience. I loved the 6000 but now it will be going up for sale shortly. Lotoo...I love you! :)

Feb 22, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #1,772 of 3,516
Had the LPTG a couple of days now and glad I took a chance on giving it a try after listening to the 6000. It's a beautiful looking player and feels good in the hand, plus the interface is a joy to use. I'm using it with the VE8 and Eletech Iliad cable. It has a deeper bass for sure that hits harder with more detail and texture, as in you can feel the vibration of the notes as the finger hits the string, quite astounding! There is also more air around the instruments in the soundscape, it just sounds so effortless the way the music is portrayed. Like the 6000, the sound is soooo clean but now with a dead black background and more resolution. The instruments are slightly more vivid as they pop around you and hit with more authority and it gives you every little detail to be found in the music, I'm discovering little cues here and there in music I've been listening to for year! Yeah, I know it's a cliche but it has to be said. I thought the 6000 sounded great but the LPGT takes it another step up. It's a rich sounding player with everyhing balanced perfectly, the right amount of warmth with a natural sound and definitely not thin or sterile/boring. Very musical!

The one thing I miss from the 6000 is the extra battery time but it's something I can definitely live with due to the wonderful sound experience. I loved the 6000 but now it will be going up for sale shortly. Lotoo...I love you! :)
Cool , so which dap is next for you ?

Feb 22, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #1,773 of 3,516
I use Lexar 633x 512mb micro SD card. When LPGT play DSD256 music file, it play about 3-4 minutes then stop playing because of error (request a more speed micro SD card). I formatted sdcard, copy dsd256 and play again, it is still same error.

So the problem is LPGT or sdcard? Anybody play dsd256 and have that problem?
1B9695E1-FBEF-4CF6-93D6-BBDAE9321170.jpeg

Feb 22, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #1,774 of 3,516
I use Lexar 633x 512mb micro SD card. When LPGT play DSD256 music file, it play about 3-4 minutes then stop playing because of error (request a more speed micro SD card). I formatted sdcard, copy dsd256 and play again, it is still same error.

So the problem is LPGT or sdcard? Anybody play dsd256 and have that problem?1B9695E1-FBEF-4CF6-93D6-BBDAE9321170.jpeg
I think is best to use SDXC rather then adaptors. Stick with SanDisk I would recommend for LPGT.

Feb 22, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #1,776 of 3,516
I'm not sure where I'd go from LPTG to be honest. Would love to try the LP6/LP6ti but at those prices they're a no-go.
Borg Audio Float? :grin:

ps. You have an awesome setup! :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #1,777 of 3,516
Feb 22, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #1,779 of 3,516
What is that?

When I read Borg I go "Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated" :laughing:
You can check it out here. I think the slot is for inserting your credit card directly into the DAP (it’s $6k if I remember correctly). :sweat_smile:

Feb 22, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #1,782 of 3,516
You can check it out here. I think the slot is for inserting your credit card directly into the DAP (it’s $6k if I remember correctly). :sweat_smile:
$6k?!?!

I just clicked on the link, and thought it was a budget player, like the Aune M1s or similar :joy:
I love the design, except what the hell is that cut-out section all about? Is it purely aesthetic, or does it actually have a purpose?

Feb 22, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #1,783 of 3,516
Feb 22, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #1,785 of 3,516
$6k?!?!

I just clicked on the link, and thought it was a budget player, like the Aune M1s or similar :joy:
I love the design, except what the hell is that cut-out section all about? Is it purely aesthetic, or does it actually have a purpose?
I guess that the cutout section has something to do with a connection to an external amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back