1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by EagleWings, Mar 28, 2018.
First

Back
97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106
108 109 110 111 112
Next

Last
  1. cooperpwc
    You will have to play around but here is a quick basic guide.

Easiest to start with an existing EQ, modify it, then save the changes under a new name. So go into Settings > EQ Settings > PMEQ and select the my EQ that you downloaded. It will look like this (with my EQ in this case named "3"):
    1 copy.jpg
    You then choose the Band that you want to change. Those are the round numbers. In this case we stick with Band 1. That is the full sub-bass boost. You then go to where it says "Type" and you can scroll to the right to find the "Gain" setting for the Band. After you scroll, you see this:
    2 copy.jpg
    As you can see, the Gain is 1.2 dB. Scroll up or down with your thumb to increase or decrease the Gain. Here we increase it to 1.6 dB:
    3 copy.jpg
    You can then switch to Band 2 and increase that a bit the same way. (I suggest increasing from 0.8 to 1.0 dB.) When you have made all your desired changes, touch the upper left arrow to exit. My thumb is beside that arrow here:
    4 copy.jpg
    Then Choose to "Save As". It will prompt you for a new name. Then you will have my original EQ plus your new EQ:
    5 copy.jpg
    You can change Type, Frequency, Gain and Q for each of the 5 bands this way. It is just a matter of scrolling around.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    mrhizzo likes this.
  2. cooperpwc
    I did not explain why the settings do what they do. I am a tinkerer. Nayparm? :)

3. jmills8
    He might be in his "Turkish" gym.

Nayparm likes this.
  4. Nayparm
    Haha, well I was in 'a' Gym, now at work for the day :triportsad:

jmills8 likes this.
  5. jmills8
    Oooo , I work 3 hours a day. Think my commute takes most of my day.

6. Nayparm
    What I work 12 hours a day minimum :triportsad:

jmills8 likes this.
  7. jmills8
    Hard , hard , but it has to be done. I spend 2 hrs cleaning after my 6 rabbits.

8. Wyville
    But I assume you at least get paid. I'm an academic, so I have to fight for table scraps. Still... At least I have my own private gym. :D

9. Nayparm
    Haha I wish, I'm one of the Directors so no overtime for me :/

Wyville likes this.
  10. mwhals
    This means the LPGT may work for me after all. I only listen to entire albums or a playlist (rarely).

11. Audiophonicalistic
    same here. And if your files are labeled by disc then track, it’s easier to find out which track I’m going to.

New sp2000 has my eyes. How do they compare?

12. mwhals
    Not sure as I have not heard either, but both are on my list along with the Cayin N8.

13. singleended5863
    SP2K is not my cup of tea. It looks beautifully and UI is pretty fast but its sound is not my taste which is same as its little brother SR15 but better (neutral and details with okay bass).

Audiophonicalistic likes this.
  14. Audiophonicalistic
    Im glad my local dealer has one I’ll have to listen. Choosing between lotoo and sp1km gold I preferred the lotoo overall which was quite the surprise

15. CobraMan
    Here are some resources that should help:
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ost-ideal-sound-for-non-professionals.796791/
    https://www.musicianonamission.com/approach-equalization-two-types-eq/
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/equaliser-eq-knowledge.665144/
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mus...ess-music-production-and-reproduction.504341/

Hope this helps - experiment and let your ears decide!

Cheers,
    Tim

mrhizzo likes this.
First

Back
97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106
108 109 110 111 112
Next

Last