1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by EagleWings, Mar 28, 2018.
First

Back
96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105
107 108 109 110 111 112 113
Next

Last
  1. damytzeus
    personally, i have to issues with the lpgt sorts. it makes perfect sense to me and it's how i listen to music. i listen by entire albums and entire folders not by tracks.

i also intended to by the wm1z and i didn't, also because of charging cable. i wonder how many sales sony loses because of its proprietary charging cable. that said, i feel so glad that i bought the lpgt instead.

my only wishlist is random playback by folders, like rockbox offers.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  2. cooperpwc
    I can see where the file system might be non-optimal for some. I also browse by genres but I do it with the Folder browser on the LPGT. My folders are organised Genre / Artist / Album. So everything browses and sorts perfectly.

The display of file names is only a problem for me where I have some 'inherited' album rips. I always rip a song like "07 Hey Jude.flac". That displays beautifully. If I inherit files that are named like "07-Beatles-Past Masters-Hey Jude.Flac" that displays like crap. I rename the files on my computer as above and copy it over to the LPGT.

Speaking of browsing, a nice feature on the LPGT that gets less mention is the Search function. On the pull down the menu where you choose Gain etc., you can search for a Song, Artist or Album and play it directly or add it it to the current Playing List. Coming from the PAW Gold, this is a lovely addition.

3. cooperpwc
    I mostly listen to my Final Audio Lab 1 but this has also sounded quite good with the Westone ES5. I agree that it could vary with both IEMs and taste. What I think I got right is the 5 Band settings for Type, Frequency and Q. You can tweak Gain in the bands from there.

I never alter the sub-bass but I do play with the treble. With the PMEQ you tried, the Band 5 (i.e. treble) setting is a Gain of 1.7. I also have a PMEQ with a Gain of 1.0 in Band 5, and another with a Gain of 0 in Band 5. Sometimes my tired ears like less sparkle and an easier ride. :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  4. jmills8
    Are you from Asia ?

5. cooperpwc
    I’m a Canadian dude based in Shanghai. Not Asian but living here.

6. jmills8
    Im in Hong Kong and Ive only seen Asisns raise the treble and not touch the bass.

7. cooperpwc
    Sorry. I stated that poorly. My PMEQ adds to the sub-bass. I never change that setting, i.e. there is always a sub-bass boost.

By contrast, sometime I boost the treble less or not at all (i.e. changes to my Band 5 setting only).

jmills8 likes this.
  8. Nayparm
    You don't buy a Lotoo to use out the box with that blackfin dsp / peq. Thats the reason its so neutral, the perfect starting point.:L3000:

9. gazzington
    The whole reason to buy the lotoo is to use the black fin. If you don't use eq you'd be better off with a different dap

10. cooperpwc
    On the question of the LPGT versus another DAP, I agree that the Blackfin processor is wonderful. But there are other reasons to consider the TOUCH first, with the combination of crisp SQ with IEMs and the asynchronous USB DAC topping the list IMO. If you want these features, Sony and A&K are out of the running as they do not have a USB DAC. The N8 is great for fullsize headphones with the NuTube, but does it really compete fully with the properly EQ'd LPGT for high resolution when listening with IEMs?

Just some food for thought. I am on the road all the time and having the USB DAC is great. One device that does everything well.

11. damytzeus
    these are such gross generalizations. i use my lpgt almost exclusively without eq. i played around with the delivered eq settings and i return to stock. no sound processing. i love the way it sounds with the ultimate ears live. with the monolith 1060c planars, i may feel motivated to eq them and i like the sound with ue live so much that i don't listen with anything else. the lotoo is much more than the eq capabilities.

cooperpwc likes this.
  12. mrhizzo
    Do you know any place where I can learn how to configure the EQ? I always found over complicated, but I think with a direction it should be easier than I think.

I appreciate any help. And I am using your configuration. I just miss some bass (it depends of my earphones also).

13. jmills8
    Well you are in first grade audio school. The real begins in College.

14. jmills8
    Nayparm , ask the master , he shall enlighten you.

15. gazzington
    Ok, we are all different. Personally I prefer the sp1000 or n8 without processing. To me lotoos strength is it's eq functions

First

Back
96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105
107 108 109 110 111 112 113
Next

Last