1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by EagleWings, Mar 28, 2018.
First

Back
95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104
106 107 108 109 110 111 112
Next

Last
  1. Audiophonicalistic
    I’m glad when I ripped my cds I tagged them in order with numbers and do prefer it on lpgt but if you didn’t I could see it being a major issue. And it’s true, its the only dap that sorts them like this that I’ve had.

2. vault108
    If you like to have certain features to be added to the LPGT, why not just email them, service@lotoo.cn? They seem to do bi-monthly update now.

3. KPzypher
    All my songs are in folders by albums (Artist-->Album-->Tracks). And they're well tagged. Here's the worst part. From the main menu when you click on songs, if the file name is too long it gets cutoff with 3 dots, which isn't anything unusual. But it doesn't scroll so you can't tell what album or artist you're looking at depending on how long the file name is. Big font, small screen. So this makes the whole songs section worthless. And then the now playing section doesn't display album title. You have to swipe twice to get there. And you have to do that for every song.

Such a poor design.

4. KPzypher
    @cooperpwc ,

I tried your PMEQ setting. It sounded really nice on my Z1R but sounded unnatural/off (hollow) on my HYLA TE5B. Do you use the same setting for all your IEMs?

5. mwhals
    My CDs were ripped to file names that include the number such as “02 Fleetwood Mac - Dreams.flac”. Would they then sort correctly on the LPGT? That may change my opinion, but I still may go elsewhere.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  6. KPzypher
    NO. That is exactly how my file names are written. all number 02 tracks from your every album would be displayed first, then all your 03, then 04, so on and so forth. It's dumb.

7. mwhals
    So if you select artist and then Fleetwood Mac, it would go to all the songs instead of albums first? That makes this DAP a no for me unless firmware later fixes it.

8. KPzypher
    From artist, it goes to albums first. I'm talking about from "songs" section, your entire library.

9. Audiophonicalistic
    image.jpg
    Yeah sorry, I tagged them disc number then file so I believe it’s 01-01-song title 01-02 -song title. I listen by picking an album and letting it play through or I go to songs click play all and hit shuffle. You can see where it goes to disc one then disc two.

Music that I buy online is all typically tagged properly except maybe a wav album, and the lotoo will show the correct order.

10. timeslip
    Can you downgrade this thing? I am tired of 1.1.1.5, and the crashes! I can't even import that cooperpwc's EQ settings, and i've tried a reset.

11. KPzypher
    All my music are from AcousticSounds, HD Tracks, ProStudioMasters, and Qobuz, so they're properly tagged for the most part. And all my files are FLAC/DSD only. The problem is the DAP reads from file name, not metadata when sorting by "songs"

12. mwhals
    Then it does the exact same thing my Questyle DAPs do when selecting by gender, which then goes to every song of that gender and sorts them like the LPGT. It must be a Chinese thing. I want a player that goes genre, artist, album, song or at least genre, album, song.

13. Audiophonicalistic
    Ah Yes you’re exactly right, I use albums so makes sense. And yes it’s the only dap thats done it this way that I’ve owned

14. KPzypher
    God darn it!!! Why didn't I see this post before.

YES the songs section is useless.

15. mwhals
    Just like genre is useless on both of my Questyle DAPs.

First

Back
95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104
106 107 108 109 110 111 112
Next

Last