Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Oct 11, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #1,201 of 1,457
At a recent audiophile meet, I got a chance to audition Sony WM1Z and A&K SP2000. WM1Z is really a different level device, I enjoyed it a lot. Now, due to the upgraditis itch, I decided to part my ways with my beloved LP6K. I still feel sad that it's not with me.

Now I am considering few daps, thought of seeking advice. I like Lotoo's OS, they are the best OS in any dap - fast and no-nonsense. Android(old version) is overkill for a dap. I do not like a lot of fancy clicking and navigations. Shanling M8, Fiio M15 etc are out. I am not sure how good a dap is A&K SP2000 or the latest SP2000T and would it be an upgrade to LP6K. I can buy it locally and would the easiest to get.

LPGT is surely levels up from LP6k, but getting it from the US will take a lot of time. I am still considering this an option but the long wait time.

How do the two compare LPGT and SP2K? Headphonia recommends both of them. Please let me know.
If you're considering LPGT, Jaben store carries those. They are in Singapore, ship internationally, over a number of carriers.

Oct 12, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #1,203 of 1,457
Any idea about a LPGT seller in Europe? Someone who can offer a good deal.

Oct 12, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #1,205 of 1,457
As far as i remember LPGT and 6000 have single language depending on the market it selling at, do you know whether Jaben version have English language? There is no menu language-related information on Jaben site.
Didn't buy my LP6K from Jaben, but my Shanling M3s was and had (has) the international version. So no menu language problem.
About Lotto, can reach them thru twitter, facebook, mail. Communication with them is easy and fast.

Oct 12, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #1,206 of 1,457
does the lp6k take a while to refresh database after deleting a song? that was my biggest issue with my paw gold, it'd take like 30 seconds to refresh before I could keep listening to music. I sold my paw gold for a wm1a and now I miss the lotoo sound.

looking at the 6k over the touch because of the longer battery life.

Oct 12, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #1,207 of 1,457
does the lp6k take a while to refresh database after deleting a song? that was my biggest issue with my paw gold, it'd take like 30 seconds to refresh before I could keep listening to music. I sold my paw gold for a wm1a and now I miss the lotoo sound.

Wait, what? Does that really happen with LPGT? That has never happened with LP6K, which is why I always think Lotoo OS is superb. LP6K has a decent battery life indeed. 14-15 hours for a dap is such a relief.

Oct 12, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #1,209 of 1,457

The LP6K and LPGT both update their databases in real time, so you won't have that issue.

Wait, what? Does that really happen with LPGT? That has never happened with LP6K, which is why I always think Lotoo OS is superb. LP6K has a decent battery life indeed. 14-15 hours for a dap is such a relief.
OP is talking about the original PAW Gold (non-Touch); not the LPGT.

Oct 12, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #1,210 of 1,457
and another thing, PAW6k has a great LO. I know of a few people who kept it just to use with Cayin C9 dual tube amp.
*raises hand*

The pairing between LP6K and Cayin C9 is absolutely otherworldly IMO. I can see myself using it as a desktop replacement unless you have super power-hungry cans like HE-6/Susvara/1266TC. What stands out the most in this combo is the super bass rendition/control/slam/texture and dynamics (esp microdynamics). Subtle shifts in volume is so easy to pick up that it feels eerie at times. Highly recommend this particular stack.

IMG_0932.jpg

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #1,212 of 1,457
I love my LPGT but now curious what a C9 will do. My Schiit's are not getting much use now that I am back into the office and can see the LPGT replacing them if I have to WFH on a temp or perm basis in the future. Decisions decisions... toys toys.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #1,213 of 1,457
Been looking at this DAP as a more portable option for running IEMs but had read there were some issues with the player's software recognizing tags for albums and artists. Has anyone had similar problems or alternatively experienced no such issues?

Nov 10, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #1,214 of 1,457
I purchased the LP6k recently after reading about the same concerns. I was relieved when I was able to copy all my music files from my Sony WM-1Z directly into a new micro SD card and it handled it with absolutely no issue. As much as I love my Sony, this DAP is a delight after lugging that brick around for the last three years.

Nov 10, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #1,215 of 1,457
I purchased the LP6k recently after reading about the same concerns. I was relieved when I was able to copy all my music files from my Sony WM-1Z directly into a new micro SD card and it handled it with absolutely no issue. As much as I love my Sony, this DAP is a delight after lugging that brick around for the last three years.
Thanks for the info. I just purchased a super brick (FiiO M17) so thinking of adding the LP6k for more portability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back