Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Oct 1, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #1,171 of 1,457
Bought this little "thing", I got also cayin n6ii with basically every module including R01 and I must say I continue to come back to 6k for major part of my listening.
Really great

Oct 1, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #1,172 of 1,457
Bought this little "thing", I got also cayin n6ii with basically every module including R01 and I must say I continue to come back to 6k for major part of my listening.
Really great
I said this in the LPGT thread but i think it carries to the 6k as well. Lotoo, aside from L&P, make the best DAPs out there if you do not need streaming in my opinion.

Oct 1, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #1,173 of 1,457
I said this in the LPGT thread but i think it carries to the 6k as well. Lotoo, aside from L&P, make the best DAPs out there if you do not need streaming in my opinion.
I'll also throw in two other names: Cowon and Questyle. There's a common thread between these four brands (Lotoo/Cowon/Questyle/L&P) - they don't care about streaming stuff and doesn't bog down the players with a random version of the Android OS. It's about pure sonic bliss and boy do all of these deliver in spades! Honorable mentions: Sony WM1A/Z.

Oct 2, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #1,174 of 1,457
I absolutely agree. lpgt is surely more refined but the warmer tone of the 6000 is more of my liking.

Oct 2, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #1,175 of 1,457
I'll also throw in two other names: Cowon and Questyle. There's a common thread between these four brands (Lotoo/Cowon/Questyle/L&P) - they don't care about streaming stuff and doesn't bog down the players with a random version of the Android OS. It's about pure sonic bliss and boy do all of these deliver in spades! Honorable mentions: Sony WM1A/Z.
Agree, Cowon with JetEffects really make their DAPs versatile.

Oct 2, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #1,176 of 1,457
I have a Lotoo paw6000 and had paw gold in the past and without doubt Lotoo is a brand that is serious in what it does, is worth the price and I had M15, M8 and others like dx220Max and sound quality speaking is head to head and better than some (M15 IMO)

Oct 2, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #1,178 of 1,457
I just joined the club. I liked my PAW S1 so much I purchased the 6000. I have some handy work to do moving my music library from iTunes to the Lotoo structure on an SD card, but it sounds like it will be well worth it.
Should be easy. (I am using an iMac and iTunes) I just copied the whole library as is, to a 1TB card, and the Lotto software had no issues whatsoever finding and setting up indexes.

One Lotoo function I really love is when I add more music all I have to do is usb connect, click the icon for data on the lotoo display, open the card on the Mac, and drag and drop the new folders, than disconnect the USB. Do not even have to scan the library, the new music just magically appears in the index. Takes a few minutes to find it automatically. Best UI I have experienced so far.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #1,181 of 1,457
I can't give you a direct answer because I've never listened to the Sony 1A. However, I recently bought the LP6K to compliment my Sony WM1Z. I can tell you that I enjoy the Lotoo very much. So much so that I've been neglecting my Sony.

Oct 5, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #1,182 of 1,457
I can't give you a direct answer because I've never listened to the Sony 1A. However, I recently bought the LP6K to compliment my Sony WM1Z. I can tell you that I enjoy the Lotoo very much. So much so that I've been neglecting my Sony.
I've compared the LP6K side-by-side with the WM1A (MrWalkman firmware installed). LP6K is more resolving and has better bass/treble rendition. I do like the midrange on the WM1A (modded) more, and Sony's staging is touch wider/deeper. But really, it's a sidegrade between them (at best) rather than one being an upgrade/downgrade over another.

Oct 5, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #1,183 of 1,457
I've compared the LP6K side-by-side with the WM1A (MrWalkman firmware installed). LP6K is more resolving and has better bass/treble rendition. I do like the midrange on the WM1A (modded) more, and Sony's staging is touch wider/deeper. But really, it's a sidegrade between them (at best) rather than one being an upgrade/downgrade over another.
The clear difference between the two that would warrant the Lotoo over any of the current Sony's would be power output. Something to consider if you have any of those multiple DD IEM's or headphones that need extra. Other than the power aspect of driving some of the harder to drive IEM's/cans, I truly agree, it is a matter of sound preference.

Oct 7, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #1,184 of 1,457
Hi friends,
I'm bought a second hand LP6k a month ago and still haven't resolved how to improve the connection as bluetooth receiver (bluetooth dac it says) .
There are strong latency problems (about 2 seconds of delay) and the signal comes full of noise. Has anyone here suffered the same problem or is it anomalous? I recently updated to the last firmware, but nothing changed...

Thanks in advance for your answers, for me this function was a very relevant factor to make my decision of buying and i'm feeling really disappointed not being able to use it...

Oct 7, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #1,185 of 1,457
Hi friends,
I'm bought a second hand LP6k a month ago and still haven't resolved how to improve the connection as bluetooth receiver (bluetooth dac it says) .
There are strong latency problems (about 2 seconds of delay) and the signal comes full of noise. Has anyone here suffered the same problem or is it anomalous? I recently updated to the last firmware, but nothing changed...

Thanks in advance for your answers, for me this function was a very relevant factor to make my decision of buying and i'm feeling really disappointed not being able to use it...
Hey there. That is certainly not normal. It’s normal to experience a little delay between image and sound but mine is well under 1sec, barely noticeable and no noise at all. What device are you using to send a signal to the LP6K? Check with another to confirm the issue is with the LP6K and not the source device. If with the LP6K, try a factory reset (in the sttings menu) of the device to see if this solves it. That is what I would start with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back