Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Nov 21, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #916 of 1,457
Hello,
I'm new to LP6K. A great and wonderful DAP.
I'm using the 4.4mm balanced output, and that's the way I want to keep things, but I've noticed something odd.
Through the 3.5mm unbalanced output, I only have audio over the left channel.
I've check with two cables, 3 pole and 4 pole terminated plugs, which otherwise on another that DAP (also 3.5mm unbalanced output), are just fine.

Has anyone experienced this?
For my music experience, this has little to no impact, as I'll use the 4.4mm output quite exclusively.

Thanks in advance for all tips/help/advise.
I think if it is still within warranty you may have it repaired contact lotoo or the dealer if you want to fix it. Their service is pretty fast and the only time you have to wait is basically on the road shipping the devices.
If it does not really bother you then you may ignore it and wait until you want to repair it.
For me they once finished repairing my paw gold touch within one day upon receiving them and sent them back with replaced volume knob for free within warranty.
Maybe you can contact lotoo for help directly. If it is within one week or about 15 days normally lotoo will let the dealer exchange a new one for you and no need to wait for repair. Contact your authorized dealer for help maybe, if it is within one or two weeks then they will replace a new one for you I suppose.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #917 of 1,457
I think if it is still within warranty you may have it repaired contact lotoo or the dealer if you want to fix it. Their service is pretty fast and the only time you have to wait is basically on the road shipping the devices.
If it does not really bother you then you may ignore it and wait until you want to repair it.
For me they once finished repairing my paw gold touch within one day upon receiving them and sent them back with replaced volume knob for free within warranty.
Maybe you can contact lotoo for help directly. If it is within one week or about 15 days normally lotoo will let the dealer exchange a new one for you and no need to wait for repair. Contact your authorized dealer for help maybe, if it is within one or two weeks then they will replace a new one for you I suppose.
Thanks LotooFanboy.
I'll contact distributor. This was a deal/purchase within Europe.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #918 of 1,457
DSC04456.JPG
I was asked to compare these 2 so...
Wm1a @MrWalkman mod VS Lotoo paw6000:
for me they are shoulder to shoulder you are good either way only difference is versatility.
So I give some points and let you decide...:beerchug:
  • WMA-port Vs Usb-c : :deadhorse:
  • wm1a outputs (different output power and signature:sweat_smile:)Vs LP6K (same output power on single and balanced close signature more dynamics)
  • wm1a High gain/Low gain (different signature like a lot :sweat_smile:) Vs LP6k (same signature)

DSC04453.JPG

• Wm1a direct sound (oh la la...beautiful lush, warm sony sound signature extended to the limit! thanks to @MrWalkman) Vs LP6K sound (reference bit warm and super super airy what makes him crystal clear)
  • Wm1a Sound Custom Versatility (good eq but what makes it special is to change firmwares and zones so you have hundreds of combinations meaning hundreds of sound signatures so is easy but cumbersome compare to the lotoo Vs LP6K Sound Custom Versatility (very good functional parametric equalizer very easy to use and I can save my customs per name, oh la la this peq really works yes yes talking to you astell&....)
  • wm1a battery (33+ excellent I would say 20+)Vs LP6K battery (16+ I would say 12-)
DSC04460.JPG
  • Wm1a GUI (best ever in any player just missing search option and organize by last added not jus last sync added) Vs LP6K GUI (pretty good but.... no by tags, just song, artist, album. Search option is there! and add next to playing is there!!
  • Bluetooth always Sony better everywhere Vs LP6k good but not on sony levels
  • Wm1a boot 10 seconds Vs LP6K 3 second boot...:sunglasses:
  • Wm1a dark noise and floor (quite good one of the best daps in that department on the upper class) Vs LP6K dark noise and floor (holy f....welcome to the darkness even darker and lower floor JESUS I got to get used to this level is what it makes the player special even in balanced is more darker)
I like both and I feel with these 2 players I can cover all the players signatures of different brand on lower prices besides put to shame many higher tier players.
Either way makes me happy, the Lotoo is safe bet but the wm1a is like and exciting Mexican soup opera thanks amazing job of the modders and the drama in the community:bow:.

Nov 23, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #920 of 1,457
Has anyone heard of an ETA for a firmware update for the LP6K? Seems like its been awhile since there has been an update.

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #922 of 1,457
It looks like there is file limit. I think 10000. Anyone can confirm? It is a bit disappointing, because we are allowed use 1tb card...
No. I have 12k.
05382B67-B837-4477-B210-2E1EE1289E51.jpeg

Nov 28, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #924 of 1,457
And searching working fine? When I have on it couple hundred files searching finds for instance Pink Floyd. If I copy around 12k, searching can't find Pink Floyd anymore.
I don't have any issues.
And searching working fine? When I have on it couple hundred files searching finds for instance Pink Floyd. If I copy around 12k, searching can't find Pink Floyd anymore.
No issues here. Looks to me your card is having some issues.
CED74DE7-8B8B-4DBC-A7BF-CEB9A7790E26.jpeg

Dec 4, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #927 of 1,457
Hi I just received my Lotoo. Love the fast bootup. Sound quality is very nice. Quick question: My headphones are Audio Technica ATH-R70x. Impedance is 470 ohms, Sensitivity 99db. I noticed that I am running the volume on the Lotoo at high gain balanced input at about 70. I could easily go to 80 without excessive loudness. Does that seem correct. I was thinking that any higher would result in distortion. Thanks for your help.

Dec 4, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #928 of 1,457
Hi I just received my Lotoo. Love the fast bootup. Sound quality is very nice. Quick question: My headphones are Audio Technica ATH-R70x. Impedance is 470 ohms, Sensitivity 99db. I noticed that I am running the volume on the Lotoo at high gain balanced input at about 70. I could easily go to 80 without excessive loudness. Does that seem correct. I was thinking that any higher would result in distortion. Thanks for your help.

Love the pair up of PAW6k with R70x as well, and I covered it in my review, just didn't note the volume level. Can't listen to open back now, maybe will try later to see how loud it goes for me, but it really doesn't matter. We all have a different hearing sensitivity and tolerance to loudness. This is subjective, and whatever works for you is what makes it correct :wink:

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #929 of 1,457
Love the pair up of PAW6k with R70x as well, and I covered it in my review, just didn't note the volume level. Can't listen to open back now, maybe will try later to see how loud it goes for me, but it really doesn't matter. We all have a different hearing sensitivity and tolerance to loudness. This is subjective, and whatever works for you is what makes it correct :wink:

I really appreciate the reply. I have been reading your reviews for a while, and can’t thank you enough.

Dec 4, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #930 of 1,457
@dasadab , I also have such combo (ATH R70x + Lotoo 6K) - bought Lotoo just a week ago - and can confirm, that ~70 (out of 100) on High Gain is normal for these headphones.
With ATH MSR7 it's loud enough on 45-50 (also on High Gain).
Of course, it also depends on music.
P.S. I've used non-balanced output, but according to specs it provides the same amount of power as balanced, so it's probably not important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back