Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jul 5, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #706 of 1,457
Not really, but the image will look pixelated to really pixelated depending on how much bigger it is than 480x480.

So you use MP3tag to resize?
What did you use tagscanner for?

So 480 x 480 is recommended for LP6k and larger resolution sizes will look pixelated?

Jul 5, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #707 of 1,457
So 480 x 480 is recommended for LP6k and larger resolution sizes will look pixelated?

From my experience yes, I noticed that big letter fonts on album covers 1400x1400 that were normally smooth and straight looked grainy on the Lotoo.

Jul 5, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #708 of 1,457
From my experience yes, I noticed that big letter fonts on album covers 1400x1400 that were normally smooth and straight looked grainy on the Lotoo.

Thanks. That does seem weird. If I get a LP6K, It is easy to copy my FLAC files you a card with 480 x 480 from my current 1000 x 1000.

Jul 5, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #709 of 1,457
Thanks. That does seem weird. If I get a LP6K, It is easy to copy my FLAC files you a card with 480 x 480 from my current 1000 x 1000.

I had to do everything manually before, but I'm also trying to figure out how to resize them in batch, I guess MusicBee can Device Sync and copy all the music files from your selected PC folder to Lotoo micro SD card and you just select the option to convert album art as 480px when copying the files over to the micro SD card.

As for just converting the albums already on my Lotoo, I haven't found a program or tool yet that can help me convert the images to 480x480 in batch.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #710 of 1,457
I had to do everything manually before, but I'm also trying to figure out how to resize them in batch, I guess MusicBee can Device Sync and copy all the music files from your selected PC folder to Lotoo micro SD card and you just select the option to convert album art as 480px when copying the files over to the micro SD card.

As for just converting the albums already on my Lotoo, I haven't found a program or tool yet that can help me convert the images to 480x480 in batch.

DbPoweramp has a batch converter that can do it with the batch converter using the ID Tag Update codec.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #711 of 1,457
Not really, but the image will look pixelated to really pixelated depending on how much bigger it is than 480x480.

So you use MP3tag to resize?
What did you use tagscanner for?
MP3tag is tagging. I use Tagscanner for resize since it can resize embedded album art without having to extract, resize and reembed it. Lot faster that way, I started using Tagscanner for my WM1A when I had it.

Jul 6, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #712 of 1,457
I think people should test this album art size issue on the PAW 6K before wholesale conversion of their album art. On my PAW Gold Touch, album art of 1200 * 1200 displays cleanly with no pixelation. (In my experience, the LPGT always renders album art cleanly, but some massive 3000 * 3000 files simply refuse to display.) The LPGT has the more powerful processor so that may be the difference, but its worth running a few tests of your own on the PAW 6K.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #713 of 1,457
MP3tag is tagging. I use Tagscanner for resize since it can resize embedded album art without having to extract, resize and reembed it. Lot faster that way, I started using Tagscanner for my WM1A when I had it.

Tagscanner was what I was looking for! This program has a several renaming schemes where you can bulk rename music files based on their tagging info, I just selected %track% - %title% and that works fine with the Lotoo, you can also bulk resize all album art of files you select at 480x480 which is a possible through a custom size you input in program settings. The best part of the resizing is that you can choose the quality too!

This program was exactly what I was looking for, thanks friend!

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #714 of 1,457
I think people should test this album art size issue on the PAW 6K before wholesale conversion of their album art. On my PAW Gold Touch, album art of 1200 * 1200 displays cleanly with no pixelation. (In my experience, the LPGT always renders album art cleanly, but some massive 3000 * 3000 files simply refuse to display.) The LPGT has the more powerful processor so that may be the difference, but its worth running a few tests of your own on the PAW 6K.
My album art isn't an issue since I keep them at 500 * 500 anyways. Problem is that non Android based DAPs can't read progressive encoded jpegs, so I might as well resize at that point anyways.

Jul 6, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #715 of 1,457
I was considering moving from the WM1A to the LP6K but reading all these issues with the files, order, album art, etc.... I have to wonder... is the LP6K a PITA?

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #716 of 1,457
I was considering moving from the WM1A to the LP6K but reading all these issues with the files, order, album art, etc.... I have to wonder... is the LP6K a PITA?

All these issues take only a little bit of time to sort out, once you know how to do it. The batch editing of files so they play in order, for example, takes literal seconds.

But, here's what you should consider: whatever time you lose sorting out the above issues is going to be regained, and then some, because of the insanely fast and well thought out OS. Just thinking about my last DAP and my two most used functions, the LPGT boots up in about 2 seconds instead of 40 and I can change the gain in 2 seconds instead of 20. That time adds up. Plus, having to wait 40 seconds for the DAP to boot up every morning while I'm trying to get to work on time is much more inconvenient than even taking several extra minutes (which it doesn't) to load music on the LPGT properly.

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #717 of 1,457
The other great thing about the Lotoo P6K and the LPGT is that they give you the option to increase the gain for DSD files, most other DAPs don't have that feature.

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #718 of 1,457
I haven't experienced any album art issues with the LP6K. I default to 2000 pixels on MP3Tag and it works without any issues. Totally effortless, too. The file issue I mentioned before reading file names is also easily fixable in MP3Tag. So my previous issues have effectively been resolved. I did write to Looto and they've registered my request for their next firmware. I'm very happy with the LP6K. I could have bought the Gold, but didn't want to trade battery life.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #719 of 1,457
Depends on your needs and expectations. Some of those issues are probably due to the inhouse OS and it's boot speed and simplicity (If Im wrong, LPGT user owners please sort me out)

When I owned the 1Az I had to reencoded my album art and change the ID3 tag version. So simply having to reencode album art is a minor gripe for me. Displaying tracks using the track number tag would be a good QOL improvment, but I shuffle all anyways. Generally I pefer the Paw 6k more.

Jul 6, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #720 of 1,457
You can't go wrong with either the LPGT or the LP6K both have a very reference rendering of sound, compared to my Fiio M15 which is also quite a nice player, the Lotoo is tuned to have a fuller body of sound and is much more balanced compared to the delicate sounding M15.

I've ordered a LPGT at a great price and I will compare it to my LP6K in terms of sound although I'm sure they will be quite similar although my the LP6K is burned in at more than 100 hours already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back