Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jun 19, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #631 of 1,457
Just ordered one of these and will be happy to provide an A/B comparison with the WM1A when it arrives if anyone's interested.
Could you please test the USB DAC functionality - whether there's any delay in the sound when watching videos...? Thank you!

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #633 of 1,457
Could you please test the USB DAC functionality - whether there's any delay in the sound when watching videos...? Thank you!

I watched a couple 30 minute Netflix videos using Firefox and didn’t notice any discernible latency. I was using a 10 year old PC running Windows 10 with only USB 2.0 ports. Your mileage may vary. I couldn’t get my Arch Linux laptop to recognize the LP6K though.

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #634 of 1,457
I watched a couple 30 minute Netflix videos using Firefox and didn’t notice any discernible latency. I was using a 10 year old PC running Windows 10 with only USB 2.0 ports. Your mileage may vary. I couldn’t get my Arch Linux laptop to recognize the LP6K though.
Awesome! Thanks!

Jun 20, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #637 of 1,457
Can someone tell me what the filters are on the PMEQ? In particular, is there a peak/dip filter?

The only filters I see in the PMEQ are Low Shelf Filter (LSF), High Pass Filter (HPF), and Band Pass Filter (BPF).

Jun 21, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #638 of 1,457
The only filters I see in the PMEQ are Low Shelf Filter (LSF), High Pass Filter (HPF), and Band Pass Filter (BPF).
Thanks. That's disappointing there's only 3 filters, not least because peak/dip is basically the foundation of a PEQ. Plus, the Ibasso DX160 seems to have 8 filters and is a 1/3 of the price. Anyway, I'll see how it functions next week. It would be good if they could provide a new firmware with all the basic filters installed.

Jun 21, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #639 of 1,457
Thanks. That's disappointing there's only 3 filters, not least because peak/dip is basically the foundation of a PEQ. Plus, the Ibasso DX160 seems to have 8 filters and is a 1/3 of the price. Anyway, I'll see how it functions next week. It would be good if they could provide a new firmware with all the basic filters installed.
I'm also looking for a PEQ dap is the dx160 the only viable option?

Jun 21, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #640 of 1,457
I'm also looking for a PEQ dap is the dx160 the only viable option?
From what I gather, the DX160, the DX220, and the Looto are the only options. The DX220 is out for me because of battery life. I'm getting the LP6K next week and I'll see how the PEQ is. There are other very good EQ systems on other daps, especially Cowon, but they're not PEQ. I wish there was a dap with a PEQ as good as the one on Roon. Any other suggestions welcome.

Jun 26, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #642 of 1,457
Got the Paw 6000 (after being hit with a massive customs charge). Some initial observations:

1. A "genre" selection is very much needed on the main page. I thought I could get around this with the folder option, but that's cumbersome.
2. The PEQ is indeed very good, but limited by the three filters. I would at least like to see a peak filter in next firmware.
3. Accessing and tweaking PEQ is fiddly. I knew that in advance, but the extent to which it's actually counter-intuitive is remarkable. Needs to be streamlined.
4. One annoyance in the EQ - you can't see below 75hz on the edit screen even though you can edit down to 10hz or lower.
5. When selecting an album, you're shown the name of the file instead of the song. Annoying and unnecessary.
6. To make it worse, you can't even seem to play an album in order! For example, if the filer names are numbered as "The Ritual [1]," "The Ritual [2]," "The Ritual [10]," then it'll play tracks 1, 10, and then 2. That's madness. Is there a workaround for this?

I'll be back with sound impressions vis-a-vis the WM1A. If anyone can help with point 6 in particular, I'd be grateful.

Jun 26, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #643 of 1,457
Got the Paw 6000 (after being hit with a massive customs charge). Some initial observations:

1. A "genre" selection is very much needed on the main page. I thought I could get around this with the folder option, but that's cumbersome.
2. The PEQ is indeed very good, but limited by the three filters. I would at least like to see a peak filter in next firmware.
3. Accessing and tweaking PEQ is fiddly. I knew that in advance, but the extent to which it's actually counter-intuitive is remarkable. Needs to be streamlined.
4. One annoyance in the EQ - you can't see below 75hz on the edit screen even though you can edit down to 10hz or lower.
5. When selecting an album, you're shown the name of the file instead of the song. Annoying and unnecessary.
6. To make it worse, you can't even seem to play an album in order! For example, if the filer names are numbered as "The Ritual [1]," "The Ritual [2]," "The Ritual [10]," then it'll play tracks 1, 10, and then 2. That's madness. Is there a workaround for this?

I'll be back with sound impressions vis-a-vis the WM1A. If anyone can help with point 6 in particular, I'd be grateful.

For 6, maybe pad the numbers with a 0? e.g. “The Ritual [01]”, “The Ritual [02]”. The sorting seems to be alphanumeric.

Jun 26, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #644 of 1,457

Unfortunately the Lotoo sorts files specifically by their file names instead of how they're tagged. You must rename your music files and number them in order by placing a "." after the number otherwise playback with those files will be corrupted and out of order.

Jun 26, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #645 of 1,457
For 6, maybe pad the numbers with a 0? e.g. “The Ritual [01]”, “The Ritual [02]”. The sorting seems to be alphanumeric.
Could do, but I literally have thousands of albums with this kind of ordering, so it would be tiresome. I'm at a loss as to why the Paw6000 doesn't just read tagged titles instead of file names. It's nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back