Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jun 16, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #616 of 1,457
I have been using WM1A for over 2 years, and brought my LP6K few weeks ago. WM1A battery life is still the best, I guess at least over 10 hours, not sure how long LP6K can last for, but close to 10 hours. For sound, its depends on the iem you pair with, my pairing are LP6K+sennheiser ie 800s and WM1A + Sony M9. I have DX200+AMP8, ak320+amp (sold), LP6K driving ie 800s give the best sound (ie 800s is a diffuclt iem to drive for most player, even WM1A). LP6K UI/Software is smooth and better than Sony, LP6K start up time is only few seconds...

What's the sound difference between WM1A and Paw6K ?
Can you give some comparison between these 2? I might want to check this player out.

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #617 of 1,457
Can you give some comparison between these 2? I might want to check this player out.
Rather diffuclt for me to comment on the sound, its depends on the IEM you paring with/personal perferences/kind of music you listen to. I only have Xelento, M9, ie800s., I can only say WM1A is fit for most iems I have, Paw is a powerful device, somewhat too powerful for Xelento (I would perfer to pair it with DX200+AMP8, the sound seems like under better control and natural), but 800s can give you a quiet background, Paw is powerful enough to drive it to achieve better soundstage

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #618 of 1,457

Hey, from brief listening of a friend's Wm1a and comparing it to my LP6K, I found that both of the devices sound very similar. While LP6K is more powerful, for Sony you have to go all balanced.

Sound wise, they are difficult to distinguish and sound equally good. I think it can be tough to figure out which device you are listening if you do a blindfold test. Very similar soundstage, with Lotoo may be have a better edge there. Sony has a little warmth in its sound. Lotoo is quieter and darker. Overall, they are equally enjoyable. The iems we tried- Andromeda, Xelento, Final audio b3, Empire ears Bravado.

UI wise, LP6k is more impressive with better search feature and better navigation. With its minimalist UI, LP6K is easier to use.

Build wise, they both have solid build. Wm1a is bigger, has a bigger screen, bit heavier, so LP6K is perfectly handy.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #619 of 1,457
I know sound quality and impressions are very subjective and pairing dependant so all I want to know is related to usability & software features.
The WM1A seems archaic in this regard and my temptation for the LP6K is that the software might be closer to any modern music player software.

More specifically these:
- Can you navigate to an album, artist.. whatever list of songs and "Add next" to the current playing list?
- Can you "Add to queue" (end of current playing list)?
- Can you do the same to an artist or entire album?
- When using it in USB DAC mode with a computer / phone / tablet, is there any delay / out of sync situation?
(The Sony adds a second or so of delay - no issue for music but terrible for videos)

Jun 17, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #620 of 1,457
I know sound quality and impressions are very subjective and pairing dependant so all I want to know is related to usability & software features.
The WM1A seems archaic in this regard and my temptation for the LP6K is that the software might be closer to any modern music player software.

More specifically these:
- Can you navigate to an album, artist.. whatever list of songs and "Add next" to the current playing list?
- Can you "Add to queue" (end of current playing list)?
- Can you do the same to an artist or entire album?
- When using it in USB DAC mode with a computer / phone / tablet, is there any delay / out of sync situation?
(The Sony adds a second or so of delay - no issue for music but terrible for videos)

Answer to the question one, two and three is Yes. Add to paylist adds selected songs to the end of current playing list. If that's what you are asking. Play next is not there - play this songs next to the current song. But you can move songs up and down the playing list by selecting and dragging it.

Attachments

• 20200617_164042.jpg
    20200617_164042.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 17, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #621 of 1,457
Answer to the question one, two and three is Yes. Add to paylist adds selected songs to the end of current playing list. If that's what you are asking. Play next is not there - play this songs next to the current song. But you can move songs up and down the playing list by selecting and dragging it.

Thanks for the reply! It's really hard to find answers to actual usability.
With "Add next" or "Play Next" would play whatever current selection after the currently playing song, while "Add to Queue" would add the current selection to the end of the currently playing playlist.

This is how the Tidal (most music players / streaming software) or Roon work. I really like to build on the go playlists and this is really frustrating on the Sony.

On the Sony I can see only the albums added during the latest transfer, but beyond that there's no way to sort albums by any criteria. Yes, you can see Artists, Albums, Genres but most of the time I'd just like to see them by when I added them to the library.

On the LP6K, can you display albums "By Date Added"?

many thanks for the infos!

Jun 17, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #623 of 1,457
If you wanted my impressions of the sound difference between the Lotoo PAW 6000 and the Sony WMA1, the Lotoo is a more darker tuned reference analytical sounding DAP, makes your files sound like they are played live right next to you. There are micro details that you will hear and the sound channels sound like they are more inverted closer to your ears. I find this sound is a very distinct feature of the latest DAP offerings from Lotoo.

The Sony is a more warm sounding dap with excellent treble and bass extension. The battery life in those DAPs are advertised at 30ish hours. I only got to use one for a month before I traded it away but everything felt premium and a great package for a high res DAP.
There is also an upgrade you could install or something on the Sony that could improve it's dynamics to make it sound similar to the WM1Z.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #624 of 1,457
I just received the Lotoo PAW 6000 today and love the sound, features, and OS. This is a big step-up in sound quality from my other DAPs. It is an amazing player!

The only issue I am having is that nearly all my files have embedded lyrics using the LYRICS tag but they aren't showing up on the player's lyric screen. It is odd because the lyrics will show up on my Hiby R6 Pro as well as my AK SR15. Anything I need to change to make the lyrics work? All the reviews I've read say the lyrics need to be embedded in order for it to work.

Jun 17, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #625 of 1,457
Thanks all for the comparison. Looks like i might need to give it a listen.

Jun 18, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #626 of 1,457
In my quest to get song lyrics to work (STILL NOT WORKING), I ran across an interesting and possibly very useful feature. When you switch microSD cards, the database, currently playing song position, etc... travel with the card. You can play a song from one card, then switch to a previous card and continue playing from right where you left off. This could be great for keeping a different microSD card for Jazz, Classical, etc... It could also allow a person to have a few smaller capacity cards instead of one big one. I just found this interesting and hadn’t seen it mentioned anywhere.

Jun 19, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #627 of 1,457
I also have the WM1A but am super keen to demo or get a hold of the LP6K primarily for its PEQ. I'm reading mixed things in terms of the differences between these daps. If I may:

- which has better separation and imaging?
- which is the brighter/more reference sounding dap? (I actually don't find my WM1A overly bright at all).

Also, can you search on genre with the LP6K?

Thanks!

Jun 19, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #629 of 1,457
In my quest to get song lyrics to work (STILL NOT WORKING), I ran across an interesting and possibly very useful feature. When you switch microSD cards, the database, currently playing song position, etc... travel with the card. You can play a song from one card, then switch to a previous card and continue playing from right where you left off. This could be great for keeping a different microSD card for Jazz, Classical, etc... It could also allow a person to have a few smaller capacity cards instead of one big one. I just found this interesting and hadn’t seen it mentioned anywhere.

Just a quick update on my quest to get the lyrics tag to work for this DAP. I heard back from Lotoo and currently only synchronized timestamped lyrics are supported. They plan to support unsynchronized lyrics in a future firmware update. Personally, I don't really use embedded lyrics very often but I saw there was a screen for it on the player so I thought I would investigate.

As a side note, Lotoo is incredibly quick to respond to communication. I was amazed that it only took a couple hours to hear back from their R&D team. I sent them a couple files 2 hours later and I heard back from them by this morning after they investigated my FLAC file tagging. That's pretty impressive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back