Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jan 30, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #421 of 1,457
The PAW6000 is definitely a good choice for the Phantom. If I were ever able to stretch to the LPGT, I would seriously consider it, but I don't feel like I am missing out as such. So I think the PAW6000 is the (more or less) value for money option, while the LPGT is all-out performance with the added benefit of enough power to drive full-size headphones.

That's it, the lpgt has that beefier amp section and can deal with full sized cans better, like planars. But I think it you're using iems and non demanding stuff you're going to be mega happy. Well unless you want something warmer sounding. Although it has a nice bottom range and doesn't sound digital, it sounds very natural to me.

Jan 30, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #422 of 1,457
That's it, the lpgt has that beefier amp section and can deal with full sized cans better, like planars. But I think it you're using iems and non demanding stuff you're going to be mega happy. Well unless you want something warmer sounding. Although it has a nice bottom range and doesn't sound digital, it sounds very natural to me.

That is what I am thinking. I don't Play DSD files to the resolution of the LPGT and I don't plan to ever use my ZMF headphones with it. As a result, it may be best money spent to just get the LP6K. I may even sell my desktop system and headphones as I only use IEMs now. That would actually put me to the point I could by the LP6k and LPGT if desired, LOL.

Jan 30, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #423 of 1,457
That is what I am thinking. I don't Play DSD files to the resolution of the LPGT and I don't plan to ever use my ZMF headphones with it. As a result, it may be best money spent to just get the LP6K. I may even sell my desktop system and headphones as I only use IEMs now. That would actually put me to the point I could by the LP6k and LPGT if desired, LOL.

You could get the 6000 now and if you think it's not up to snuff it will probably be easy to unload because of the newness and good reviews. Then you could get the big brother paw if you wanted. Me I'm thrilled with the 6000, and I wouldn't want it any bigger or heavier even if it sounded a bit better. Just hit the buy button, it's so easy :)

Feb 5, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #424 of 1,457
Hi everyone, after a 3 year hiatus I'm back in the game. I snatched @davidmolliere 's LP6K and just received my VE8s.
I've tried the bluetooth DAC pairing and it works very well for me (iOS 13.3.1), except for phonecalls, where the iPhone won't stream.
Has anyone tried running a phonecall in BT DAC mode on an iPhone? I know it may sound really really stupid, but I really need to be connected at all times, and I need to use my iems to take these calls.

Feb 5, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #425 of 1,457
https://www.u-headphone.com/news/46442/新機種曝光-Lotoo PAW 6000數位播放器

New model exposure - Lotoo PAW 6000 digital player
(Circa £1000, $USD 1267, EURO 1134)

In addition, according to the news, in the "Beijing International Headphones Exhibition" held in Beijing from May 18 to 19, Lotoo will publicly display the prototype of the PAW 6000 for the first time. Interested friends may wish to pay more attention.

Translated using Google translate

EURO 1134 ? Price is bad joke.

Feb 5, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #427 of 1,457
Feb 5, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #429 of 1,457
Oh that... I am so used to it that I always convert US$ to € as 1:1. Europe is just a more expensive place to shop. :D

Yep Europe is for lucrative people.
We here are poor in America haha not mentioning me in Canada LoL

Have you had a chance to compare lp6k vs lpgt ?

Feb 5, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #430 of 1,457
Yep Europe is for lucrative people.
We here are poor in America haha not mentioning me in Canada LoL

Have you had a chance to compare lp6k vs lpgt ?
Sorry, I don't have access to the LPGT unfortunately. I think @davidmolliere shared some comparisons in this thread a little while ago. You know, because he now goes through life minus one kidney and maybe without a spleen, but was able to switch up to the LPGT. :wink:

Feb 5, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #431 of 1,457
In the us its under 1200, could get one for 1k on holiday specials

Musicteck selling it at 1200usd in the USA. They easily give good deals. You just have to ask them nicely.

Feb 5, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #432 of 1,457
Sorry, I don't have access to the LPGT unfortunately. I think @davidmolliere shared some comparisons in this thread a little while ago. You know, because he now goes through life minus one kidney and maybe without a spleen, but was able to switch up to the LPGT. :wink:
crash-and-burn-money.jpg

Feb 5, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #433 of 1,457
Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #434 of 1,457
Asking for advise: I recently got the PAW 6000 and really liked it. Listened through 4.4 and all was fine. Then through 3.5 and heard high pitched noise (maybe feedback) through the right channel only, after I was advised to do update and factory reset noise was way less noticable. I did check other iems and cables and noise was still present. I sent it back to Music Teck and they are telling me nothing is wrong with unit and are asking if I would like a refund because they don't think a new unit would solve the problem. I don't understand why they can't detect the noise. I believe that high pitched sound was a defect and a new unit would probably not have that issue. I should insist on a new PAW 6000?

Feb 5, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #435 of 1,457
Asking for advise: I recently got the PAW 6000 and really liked it. Listened through 4.4 and all was fine. Then through 3.5 and heard high pitched noise (maybe feedback) through the right channel only, after I was advised to do update and factory reset noise was way less noticable. I did check other iems and cables and noise was still present. I sent it back to Music Teck and they are telling me nothing is wrong with unit and are asking if I would like a refund because they don't think a new unit would solve the problem. I don't understand why they can't detect the noise. I believe that high pitched sound was a defect and a new unit would probably not have that issue. I should insist on a new PAW 6000?

Sounds like an interference/EMI issue to me. Did you listen near a router or something similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back