Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jan 30, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #407 of 1,457
Hello, LP6000 better than DX220 for example? Another question honestly think that the absurd price difference between LP6000 and LPGT is worth?
Better is very subjective. What are your preferences matter the most.
It's very fast and it is only matched by its big brother. Very good form factor and excellent DSP.
DX220 is very big, interchangeable AMP modules, very powerful, Android based and gets a little hot easily (that's what they say :ksc75smile:).
Can't comment on sound quality as I have not heard both:ksc75smile:.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #408 of 1,457
Hello, LP6000 better than DX220 for example? Another question honestly think that the absurd price difference between LP6000 and LPGT is worth?

As @dsrk says better is only based on pure performance standpoint... they are in the same league, so it's more down to personal preferences in terms of signature and features (iBasso has android so streaming apps and modular design with switchable amps, Lotoo is ultra fast and better battery life).

As for the price difference between LP6K and LPGT, sure LP6K has by far the best value for money but LPGT is on another plane field entirely as I have posted before :wink: It's worth the extra price if you want SummitFi experience...

Jan 30, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #409 of 1,457

Worth is subjective and really just depends on how much you will pay for something. Audio is mostly emotional and greatly influenced by advertising and specs and peer input. And you always have the new toy syndrome and expect your new gear to sound better, or at least different.

The truth is when you compare say a Shanling M0 and say a Sony DMP Z1 you 'expect' the Sony to sound better because of it's status and price. But if you're using easy to drive normal iems and the volume is matched by output current- the only reliable way and you are blindfolded and don't know which is which you might be surprised on how close they both sound.

Most people don't have great resolving hearing acuity and in double blind tests can't pick out codecs. So my point is on which sounds better, remember we all come with preconceived bias on gears we have and most of us aren't doing voltage matched double blind comparisons. :wink:

It's best to take all this with a mega large grain of salt and buy based on features because honestly most gear performs very adequately and the snr specs and imb noise are beyond human hearing. The subtle differences are achieved by amp circuits and LPF implementation.

Honestly you can probably get as good as an audio experience by using and amp/dac dongle on your smartphone as a 1200 dap for all practical purposes, especially if your using iems or easy to drive cans. Something like dfr or the new fiio btr5.

Someone like me that loves daps and mp3 players and md and cassette walkmans ever since I was a teen will only get you into trouble :wink: $$$$ As jmills wisely said it's the discovery and procurement of new gears that's more enjoyable than the actual ownership after the honeymoon period.

Lol for instance I have a fiio btr5 on the way and I'm giddy with excitement. :)

The nature of the beast. And it's still a better hobby than coke and heroin and bourbon use. Only my wallet hurts from portable audio.

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #410 of 1,457
@abitdeef Totally agree with you there, each time I pick the simple AAW Capri cable for the iPhone I am always suprised at the SQ coming ouf of a simple 24/192 DAC with a small power balanced amp... works well (so well I have it both in 2 pin and MMCX). I still think I would pick my DAP agains it blindfolded... Actually I find that I am much more demanding with higher end IEMs and DAPs, so when expectations are high, I can easily be disappointed... while I will marvel at lower cost units like DX160 or AAW Capri...

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #411 of 1,457
As jmills wisely said it's the discovery and procurement of new gears that's more enjoyable than the actual ownership after the honeymoon period.

The golden words have been said. I ordered a couple of eartips for my iem and I am way too excited about it.

Jan 30, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #412 of 1,457
@abitdeef Totally agree with you there, each time I pick the simple AAW Capri cable for the iPhone I am always suprised at the SQ coming ouf of a simple 24/192 DAC with a small power balanced amp... works well (so well I have it both in 2 pin and MMCX). I still think I would pick my DAP agains it blindfolded... Actually I find that I am much more demanding with higher end IEMs and DAPs, so when expectations are high, I can easily be disappointed... while I will marvel at lower cost units like DX160 or AAW Capri...

Dx160 is a really nice unit, if it wasn't for bluetooth chimping out I would still have it- I couldn't get my BT phones to keep a connection.

For all I know that's been rectified in new firmware.

However lol, I do want to say that I love the no bones UI of the paw 6000, I'm assuming it's identical for the most part to LPGT. I never realized how many swipes it can take in say fiio or hiby music on the phone to get to where you want to.

My only quibble is no genre tab and no way I can find to make it play through folders. Although adding songs or albums to 'now playing' is hella easy.

Oh and double albums it lists them like 11,22,33,44 unless you go to folder view. But overall the UI is super fast and fluid.

And the sound of it is really neutral and clean.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #414 of 1,457
Heavenly!
_MG_9411.JPG

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #416 of 1,457
Which Empire Ears IEM is that and how does it sound from LP6K?
Those are my Phantom and the cable is the Eletech Plato. It sounds very impressive from the PAW6000. I think the Phantom benefit from a more neutral source like this, it makes them a bit cleaner and clearer. This particular setup is incredibly good with a huge and very airy stage, a level of transparency that I have not heard with my Phantom yet and the imaging is super stable and precise. I think it is a case where every element of the chain complements the others.

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #417 of 1,457
Those are my Phantom and the cable is the Eletech Plato. It sounds very impressive from the PAW6000. I think the Phantom benefit from a more neutral source like this, it makes them a bit cleaner and clearer. This particular setup is incredibly good with a huge and very airy stage, a level of transparency that I have not heard with my Phantom yet and the imaging is super stable and precise. I think it is a case where every element of the chain complements the others.

Awesome! The Phantom is one of my IEMs. Just deciding on if the LPGT is worth the extra costs over LP6K for me. These two seem to have my preferred sound signature.

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #418 of 1,457
Awesome! The Phantom is one of my IEMs. Just deciding on if the LPGT is worth the extra costs over LP6K for me. These two seem to have my preferred sound signature.
The PAW6000 is definitely a good choice for the Phantom. If I were ever able to stretch to the LPGT, I would seriously consider it, but I don't feel like I am missing out as such. So I think the PAW6000 is the (more or less) value for money option, while the LPGT is all-out performance with the added benefit of enough power to drive full-size headphones.

Jan 30, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #419 of 1,457
Dx160 is a really nice unit, if it wasn't for bluetooth chimping out I would still have it- I couldn't get my BT phones to keep a connection.

Hi, I've never had a problem in connecting it with my phone, I confess that I don't use iem's with Bluetooth, but sometimes when I want to share any file for instance, it works perfectly.

Jan 30, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #420 of 1,457
Hi, I've never had a problem in connecting it with my phone, I confess that I don't use iem's with Bluetooth, but sometimes when I want to share any file for instance, it works perfectly.

It would drop my Sony wireless headphones and be like 3 feet away. The dx220 did the same thing, idk but other than that it was a great unit for the money- I actually liked it better than dx220.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back