Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jan 28, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #391 of 1,457
I'd Like Paw 6000 sound signature, but i'd like android app like Qobuz, maybe i'll wait Hiby R8 or i'll try to listen A&K SP1000M.
iBasso DX220 is slow, A&K SA-700 people say sound worst than SE-100, Cayin N6ii?!? :triportsad::triportsad:

Jan 28, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #392 of 1,457
I'd Like Paw 6000 sound signature, but i'd like android app like Qobuz, maybe i'll wait Hiby R8 or i'll try to listen A&K SP1000M.
iBasso DX220 is slow, A&K SA-700 people say sound worst than SE-100, Cayin N6ii?!? :triportsad::triportsad:
Buy all then sell.

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #394 of 1,457
So the LGPT is in town and I have done some A/B with the PAW6000...

I know most impressions out there say that's the LP6K is close to the LPGT, but while the tuning of the LP6K is very close to the LPGT to me there is a significant gap in SQ without XRC and with XRC it's even bigger.

First and obvious the headroom is very apparent and both macro and micro dynamics do gain a lot, resolution is higher, authority is greater in the bass department and there is just this ability to convey extra nuances that is a pure delight.

This being said this is mostly standing out with TOTL IEMs and doing critical listening, the LP6K is excellent, the difference to me is like 8K and 4K TV... do I need 8K TV? No but I can certainly appreciate the difference. Some might find it overkill, especially given the price gap the value for money is insane on LP6K.
i agree with your assessment of lp6k vs lpgt. because of the higher resolution capabilities of the lpgt, the differences become much greater with higher resolving iems and with full sized headphones, and during dedicated listening sessions. the higher performing the iems, the more the lpgt matters. i haven't found the performance ceiling of the lpgt.

i use the lp6k for active pursuits versus dedicated listening. for active pursuits, lpgt is overkill and lp6k's size is much more suitable.

Jan 28, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #395 of 1,457
So the LGPT is in town and I have done some A/B with the PAW6000...

I know most impressions out there say that's the LP6K is close to the LPGT, but while the tuning of the LP6K is very close to the LPGT to me there is a significant gap in SQ without XRC and with XRC it's even bigger.

First and obvious the headroom is very apparent and both macro and micro dynamics do gain a lot, resolution is higher, authority is greater in the bass department and there is just this ability to convey extra nuances that is a pure delight.

This being said this is mostly standing out with TOTL IEMs and doing critical listening, the LP6K is excellent, the difference to me is like 8K and 4K TV... do I need 8K TV? No but I can certainly appreciate the difference. Some might find it overkill, especially given the price gap the value for money is insane on LP6K.

Thanks for that. So there is more of a bigger bass presence as in quantity? How about the sub bass, as I've read it's lesser than the 6000?

Jan 28, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #396 of 1,457
Lol well the extra 200mw is the difference for sure. The 6000 by all accounts is on par with sp1000 and wm1a on base sound quality. More headroom always helps everything.

I'd say even the 6000 is overkill for active use, it's not especially light or compact compared to say shanling m2x, hiby r3 pro, ap80, nwa55, m0, m5, fiio m6, plenue D2. Etc. Those disappear in the pocket and sound good to boot. I don't need reference tuning when I'm mowing the yard, sweating my ass off on a bike, or doing work around the property. Even my phone is too clunky. Dare I say the excellent sound of the 6000 would be wasted on active use, where music is just a backdrop for my activities.

My 2 cents.

Jan 28, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #397 of 1,457
Thanks for that. So there is more of a bigger bass presence as in quantity? How about the sub bass, as I've read it's lesser than the 6000?

No it’s a bit more quantity than LP6K including sub bass but more importantly quality the bass is much more detailed, layered with insane textures I am still in total awe there...

Jan 28, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #398 of 1,457
No it’s a bit more quantity than LP6K including sub bass but more importantly quality the bass is much more detailed, layered with insane textures I am still in total awe there...

So the bass in the LPGT hits harder?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #399 of 1,457
So the bass in the LPGT hits harder?

Yes to my ears the additional headroom provides more authority in the bass, tighter with more impact not night and day but it’s there.

Jan 28, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #400 of 1,457
Yes to my ears the additional headroom provides more authority in the bass, tighter with more impact not night and day but it’s there.
i'm curious from where people have heard that the lp6k outperforms the lpgt in some aspect of bass reproduction. to my ears, the lpgt outperforms the lp6k in every aspect related to bass reproduction: quantity, quality, resolution, detail, musicality, tone, definition, microdynamics, dynamic range, impact, sub bass, again, definition, etc, etc. and, i don't think that it requires a lot of effort to hear the differences. if bass performance is an uncompromising criteria that one seeks in a dap, then between lpgt and lp6k, you want the lpgt. period.

Jan 28, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #401 of 1,457
Jan 29, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #402 of 1,457
Honestly I can't imagine hardly being disappointed in the sound of the 6000 it reflects your iems/cans sound- plus you've got a nice peq to change tone if need to . Unless I guess you have the lpgt lol. I read a couple people even prefer it to Sony wm1a and wm1z. So people reading this 'paw 6000 thread', don't get the idea this thing is weak in any way other than not having enough juice to run some demanding cans.

I've tried most medium to medium high dap range dap and soundwise this is the best in that group to me. I think it sounds better than dx220, wm1a, and n6ii. I didn't try the new Shanling because it's just too long, I personally don't like bigger daps.

Of course if you like a more coloured sound sig- or need android this isn't the dap for you.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #403 of 1,457
Honestly I can't imagine hardly being disappointed in the sound of the 6000 it reflects your iems/cans sound- plus you've got a nice peq to change tone if need to . Unless I guess you have the lpgt lol. I read a couple people even prefer it to Sony wm1a and wm1z. So people reading this 'paw 6000 thread', don't get the idea this thing is weak in any way other than not having enough juice to run some demanding cans.

I've tried most medium to medium high dap range dap and soundwise this is the best in that group to me. I think it sounds better than dx220, wm1a, and n6ii. I didn't try the new Shanling because it's just too long, I personally don't like bigger daps.

Of course if you like a more coloured sound sig- or need android this isn't the dap for you.
totally agree with you. lp6k is an outstanding dap. one would be hard pressed to find higher performing pure music dap.

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #404 of 1,457

FB_IMG_1577371598686.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back