Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jan 24, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #346 of 1,457
Don't really even think this thing has a 'sound signature' of it's own tbh it's just totally transparent and follows the cans/iems signatures. Most players add some here and there a bit. When I used the n6ii and my iems sounded pretty close in signature, more so than the 6000 in which they really sound different. It doesn't smooth anything out, but with a good file and smooth cans/iems it's as smooth as silk.

Are you saying the N6ii exerts it’s signature on the IEMs to make them sound more similar than they are natively? Then the LP6K is so transparent, the IEMs sound like they were designed by the manufacturers, making them have more sound signature differences? If so, this make my decision for a LPGT or LP6K legit! I bought the specific IEMs I have for their different signatures, which I like.

Jan 24, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #347 of 1,457
Are you saying the N6ii exerts it’s signature on the IEMs to make them sound more similar than they are natively? Then the LP6K is so transparent, the IEMs sound like they were designed by the manufacturers, making them have more sound signature differences? If so, this make my decision for a LPGT or LP6K legit! I bought the specific IEMs I have for their different signatures, which I like.

Yes my finding was the same as well
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lotoo-paw-6000-2019.907416/page-19#post-15430395

I love the LP6K so much that it's already sold and my LGPT order is out :)

Jan 24, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #348 of 1,457
Jan 24, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #349 of 1,457
Don't really even think this thing has a 'sound signature' of it's own tbh it's just totally transparent and follows the cans/iems signatures. Most players add some here and there a bit. When I used the n6ii and my iems sounded pretty close in signature, more so than the 6000 in which they really sound different. It doesn't smooth anything out, but with a good file and smooth cans/iems it's as smooth as silk.

Well, I don’t know about the sound signature part.

I’ve been testing the same 2-3 tracks from the marantz HiFi audiophile compilation/album, turned all EQ etc. off, so this should be the straight file...lossless...yet...

I’ve tested it with the same 3 tracks, and now 3 different DACs, with various IEMs - all with 0 EQ or any filter. Now I’ve tested the same tracks using line out of the Lotoo 6000 to a pair of ADS L980 speakers.

The Lotoo is the only DAC/source that makes all other speakers/iems produce ‘edgy’ highs. It’s almost as if there is distortion or sibilance in the high end at certain frequencies.

This is reduced with ‘sweet’ mode turned on.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #350 of 1,457
Jan 25, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #351 of 1,457
I ordered a Lotoo Paw 6000 last night through Musicteck. The store was kind enough to give me a good deal. It is arriving in 3-4 days. Really excited about it.

I have owned N6II in past and currently using Dtr1. I really hope P6k is as good as these two, if not better.

Jan 25, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #352 of 1,457
I ordered a Lotoo Paw 6000 last night through Musicteck. The store was kind enough to give me a good deal. It is arriving in 3-4 days. Really excited about it.

I have owned N6II in past and currently using Dtr1. I really hope P6k is as good as these two, if not better.
So those daps are below average or from your new purchase will NOT satisfy me for too long. So best avoid those below average sounding daps and go for this end game dap ?

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #353 of 1,457
I ordered a Lotoo Paw 6000 last night through Musicteck. The store was kind enough to give me a good deal. It is arriving in 3-4 days. Really excited about it. I have owned N6II in past and currently using Dtr1. I really hope P6k is as good as these two, if not better.

Since you asked in PM, I did a quick comparison with N6ii a bit earlier in the thread here

So those daps are below average or from your new purchase will NOT satisfy me for too long. So best avoid those below average sounding daps and go for this end game dap ?

I wouldn't call N6ii or LP6K average, they're very good and probably the sweet spot of value for money... for some of us yes go for end game is the way in the end but it's a bit of a crazy expense...

Jan 25, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #354 of 1,457
Looking forward to hearing what you think of the differences between the LPGT and LP6K.

I’ll make sure to share :)

Jan 25, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #355 of 1,457
I love the LP6K so much that it's already sold and my LGPT order is out :)

And there I was...patiently waiting till the moment your LP6K would hit the for sale forum
giphy.gif

So yeah, that basically:
tenor.gif

Haha...but I hope you will receive your LPGT soon and that it will (even) be a worthy upgrade to your ears.
So, happy listening in advance and also looking forward to your LP6K vs LPGT comparison later on :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #356 of 1,457
And there I was...patiently waiting till the moment your LP6K would hit the for sale forum. Haha...but I hope you will receive your LPGT soon and that it will (even) be a worthy upgrade to your ears later on.
So, happy listening in advance and also looking forward to your LP6K vs LPGT comparison later on :ksc75smile:

Yeah sorry about that someone in Paris preempted the player even before I put it up for sale so I saved it up for him.

My LPGT ships today so we'll see how USPS Priority Express works, with luck end of next week... I auditioned the LPGT before and it's not that far apart with LP6K, from what I remember what struck me was the authority of the LPGT especially in the bass department, the overall headroom due to more power, the bigger soundstage and the insane level of detail with a bit more energetic delivery... I suspect I might use ATE:Sweet on the LPGT a bit more....

Jan 25, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #357 of 1,457
Yeah sorry about that someone in Paris preempted the player even before I put it up for sale so I saved it up for him.

My LPGT ships today so we'll see how USPS Priority Express works, with luck end of next week... I auditioned the LPGT before and it's not that far apart with LP6K, from what I remember what struck me was the authority of the LPGT especially in the bass department, the overall headroom due to more power, the bigger soundstage and the insane level of detail with a bit more energetic delivery... I suspect I might use ATE:Sweet on the LPGT a bit more....
You can wait 3 months for the LPGT.

Jan 25, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #358 of 1,457

No problem at all buddy, as I already spent around €500 this week on some practical 'in house' stuff (new microwave oven + coffee machine) alone, so I better should wait a while before buying an extra (less needed) dap :grin:
Besides that, I guess it's also a good thing to have something to still look forward to in the near future...

In the meantime I still have the 'classic' LPG over here. The ATE (pre-installed) settings never worked that well for my taste on that dap, but I surely use(d) the PMEQ a lot!

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #359 of 1,457

Yes the n6ii with the stock module has more coloration than the paw 6000.

Jan 25, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #360 of 1,457
You can wait 3 months for the LPGT.

I can wait an eternity, because I'm not getting one. Send me one of your cowons so I can demo it :) I don't know which one to try. I still want to try that little red hi fi man too, even though the screen hurts my eyes.

I looks tiny though.

Oh, and paw6000 is pretty damn nice, I'd take it over most I've tried. Do you still have U8? I think everyone on here has sold theirs. cool dap though.

Great UI on the paw paw for sure

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back