Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jan 17, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #242 of 1,457
Well I don't have the lp6000 but I do have the lpgt. For a while I thought it was just ok but it's grown on me a lot. Now I love it. It's brilliant for getting an opinion on new iems. Feels like you hear them the way they are supposed to be heard.

Jan 17, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #243 of 1,457
... and just like you have been trying to decide which DAP to buy in the last 12 months, if I remember correctly you were going from DX220 to N6ii to LPGT to LP6k, once you will be ready to finalize your decision, something new will be released and you will be back to square one :wink:

I have two daps I like, so no real hurry, plus I wanted to take advantage of sales on the last IEMs I wanted. I have narrowed it down to the LP6K and LPGT. I don't want Android and they have everything I desire in a dap.

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #244 of 1,457
Well I don't have the lp6000 but I do have the lpgt. For a while I thought it was just ok but it's grown on me a lot. Now I love it. It's brilliant for getting an opinion on new iems. Feels like you hear them the way they are supposed to be heard.
That is exactly the impression that the PAW6000 has made on me so far, like I am finally hearing my IEMs without any colouration from the source. One day I might have to shell out for the LPGT if my impressions stay like this.

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #245 of 1,457

That's exactly why I am getting PAW6000, we'll see how it turns out!

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #246 of 1,457
Lotoo wasn't an instant wow for me unlike the n8 but it has really grown on me. At one point I was going to sell it. Now, nope it stays

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #247 of 1,457
I really like the sound it's very accurate and it has a really nice seperation of instruments and 3d effect- one of the best I've heard.

It also has a nice sparkle and tingle on delicate percussion pieces it's very refined. Like the sparkly percussion chimes? In Steely Dan's 'Do it Again' at 1minute in sound so vibrant and deep behind the main rythmn. Like it's right by my head live.

But on the other side my crappy recorded stuff isn't 'smoothed' over like it was on most of my other daps. Eq can help that though I think

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #248 of 1,457
I really like the sound it's very accurate and it has a really nice seperation of instruments and 3d effect- one of the best I've heard.

It also has a nice sparkle and tingle on delicate percussion pieces it's very refined. Like the sparkly percussion chimes? In Steely Dan's 'Do it Again' at 1minute in sound so vibrant and deep behind the main rythmn. Like it's right by my head live.
What iems do you use with it?

Jan 17, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #250 of 1,457
This is from headphonia's first impressions of the Fiio M13. The paw 6000 is mentioned in this paragraph.

Screenshot_20200117-190037_Chrome.jpg

Jan 18, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #252 of 1,457
Lotoo wasn't an instant wow for me unlike the n8 but it has really grown on me. At one point I was going to sell it. Now, nope it stays

@gazzington still you prefer Cayin N8?
Have you compared N8 with N6ii?

Jan 19, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #253 of 1,457
Got mine today, been messing around with it. The UI is very nice and fast, the unit is a great size and weight and with great build quality.

Soundwise it's more open and clear than n6ii 'A01' with faster/leaner bass. It has a bigger stage and a touch better dynamics, it's more natural sounding than n6ii which sounds a touch darker/softer. Both sound great but I prefer the 6000 sound and the peq is really good on the 6000.

Of course n6ii has a nicer screen, android, and other modules. It's definitely a better value. But if you want a smaller more pocketable dap and don't care about android this seems top notch.

I have owned N6ii for few months. It is really bulky for my usecase. Cannot carry it in my jeans pocket. Also to carry it around at the workplace is a bit inconvenient. The device is superb, no doubt. Flawless as it can be with a great display and no-lag-whatsoever software. It has great sound quality, pairs well with most of the iems. But it is simply not for me.

I am looking forward for getting a LPT6k. I would appreciate some inputs from the fellow members. Thanks

Jan 20, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #254 of 1,457
I have owned N6ii for few months. It is really bulky for my usecase. Cannot carry it in my jeans pocket. Also to carry it around at the workplace is a bit inconvenient. The device is superb, no doubt. Flawless as it can be with a great display and no-lag-whatsoever software. It has great sound quality, pairs well with most of the iems. But it is simply not for me.

I am looking forward for getting a LPT6k. I would appreciate some inputs from the fellow members. Thanks

I'll throw you a bone since you quoted my post.

If you don't need android and don't mind a more neutral/reference sound the paw 6000 is superb. It's lighter and shorter than the n6ii and more pocketable. The n6ii sounds great but I had the same problem with the weight, and my screen was ****ed on mine.

The paw6000 is very transparent and will be influenced more greatly by your choice of iems, monitors ect and track quality. One thing I like is it has a more spacious sound and better layering than n6ii with the stock module.

The n6ii can sound more dense and weighty/lively on some tracks than the 6000 because of it's tuning. However that can be addressed with the peq easily.

So far this is my favorite chinese dap and the quality and software remind me of say Ak or Sony. They really know how to tweak an output circuit and incorporate the dac from going on how the 6000 sounds. Implementation is so important, someone said earlier (I think) they don't like the 'velvet' sound of AKM chips.

That's just marketing speak, this implementation sounds as resolving and dynamic as any ess chip I've heard. The glare problem of the older ess chips not withstanding, I'm talking about balanced modern ess chips.

Lots of meaningless marketing speak from dac manufacturers. The specs are already beyond human hearing in snr and imd noise. The sound is dependent on the output and power circuits and LPF.

But what other way are they going to get you excited about their new products other than better numbers and marketing speak?

Sorry, went off on a tangent there....

Hope I helped you

Jan 20, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #255 of 1,457

Users who are viewing this thread

Back