Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
May 7, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #16 of 889
I can not understand why they would use the 2.5TRRS. If that is what they do. I have read of them breaking and contact can sometimes be touch and go. I know from having used it on my AK100II. I haven't broken one but what a mess if it does happen while inserted. 

May 7, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #17 of 889
If early reports are true PAW 5000 is able to give you a taste of the PAW Gold sound with 1/5 of the price. i have not heard it and just like everyone else I am waiting to place my order.

May 7, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #18 of 889
  I can not understand why they would use the 2.5TRRS. If that is what they do. I have read of them breaking and contact can sometimes be touch and go. I know from having used it on my AK100II. I haven't broken one but what a mess if it does happen while inserted. 

AK set the standard, the other IEM makers followed and now there is simply too many earphone out there with such standard. 

May 7, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #21 of 889
  AK set the standard, the other IEM makers followed and now there is simply too many earphone out there with such standard. 

LOL - errr.... yeah...   I guess you could call it a 'standard', but not in a good way.
cool.gif

May 7, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #23 of 889
  If early reports are true PAW 5000 is able to give you a taste of the PAW Gold sound with 1/5 of the price. i have not heard it and just like everyone else I am waiting to place my order.

I hope it's a lot easier to obtain in the U.S. than the PG was/is.

May 9, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #27 of 889
Audionewbi, do you feel the disparity between the two will be similar to the differences between the iBasso DX90 versus the iBasso DX50?
I have to hear the paw5000 first for myself to comment. I haven't heard the dx50 so I don't know how much better through dx90 is but the price difference between the two model is not much but the price difference between the the lotoo model is quite significant.

All I know is lotoo does the tuning their own way and their strength is in their dsp algorithm so I can't wait to hear the paw 5000. I will report back for sure.

May 10, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #28 of 889

I have to hear the paw5000 first for myself to comment. I haven't heard the dx50 so I don't know how much better through dx90 is but the price difference between the two model is not much but the price difference between the the lotoo model is quite significant.

All I know is lotoo does the tuning their own way and their strength is in their dsp algorithm so I can't wait to hear the paw 5000. I will report back for sure.

Yes, but isn't that price difference mostly based on the actual gold plating in the flagship unit?  It looks like the DAP Auric Goldfinger would own.

May 10, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #29 of 889

Yes, but isn't that price difference mostly based on the actual gold plating in the flagship unit?  It looks like the DAP Auric Goldfinger would own.

an OUNCE of gold [and a troy ounce at that] costs about $1300.  how much do you think the plating on the paw weighs?  i'm sure the gold plating adds something, but it in no way accounts for the cost of the paw.  [and where's the gold on the ak240?]

May 10, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #30 of 889
  an OUNCE of gold [and a troy ounce at that] costs about $1300.  how much do you think the plating on the paw weighs?  i'm sure the gold plating adds something, but it in no way accounts for the cost of the paw.  [and where's the gold on the ak240?]

I'm new here and not up on all the details, so I haven't seen the actual price difference.  Forgive me, but I've been in production out of the country for a few months and also haven't seen this particular unit yet, only heard a description.  I thought the entire DAP was made of gold based on what I'd read, but now I've seen the photos in this thread and am more enlightened.  Flying as much as I do DAPs with long battery life have become increasingly important.  Looks like the flagship is pushing a "bling" quotient and I wouldn't feel safe riding a NY subway with it.  I use FiiO's X1 as a disposable unit on the go, no stress carting around something in that price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back