Lost My Turbines , Looking for a Replacement
Oct 16, 2011 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

tWiStEd-nOiSe

New Head-Fier
My First Post Here so Be Easy .

2 months Ago i lost My Monster Turbines(Loved the Bass on those) that i Got from amazon Deals for $65 Shipped , those were my First Proper IEM that i Had,  and i cant take the Stupid IPod's Standard Earbuds anymore  , so im looking for a reasonably Priced/ within the same sound Quality of the Turbines , 

Now i still Can Get the turbines for a slightly Extra Dollars from my Original purchase  but i thought of getting an audiophile Opinion. so here are my Other Choices 

1- UE 350 = $38.94
2- a-Jays THREE = 54.94

any other Suggestions in the Price Range of $60 are welcome 

TIA

Oct 16, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 14
I'm no expert, but I have searched for similar IEMs and the most recommendations I've seen were:

Hippo VB
MEElectronic M6
Fischer Audio Eterna Rev 1 (Hard to find)
Klipsch S4
Audio Technica ATH-CKS70

Those are just a few of the plethora of options for you to choose from. 

I think it will also help you get better recommendations if you went through the Sound Glossary, and described what kind of bass you want. 

A good place to start the research yourself would be ClieOS's Concise Multi_IEM Comparison and Joker's Multi-IEM Review

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #4 of 14
If boomy is what you're looking for, I would say the CKS-70. They're kinda hard to find but a reputable ebay seller should do the trick.

Oct 18, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #7 of 14
>boomy boomy
>clear
>huh?

Quote:
if you want boomy boomy then go for cx300 they are about 50 dollars and they do have clear good bass..

Oct 18, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
 but i thought of getting an audiophile Opinion. so here are my Other Choices 

The Turbines are an audiophile option. Unless theres something you don't like about the Turbines, I don't see why you would want to change ?

Heres some other options:

DUNU Trident, Haphaes 

Xears TD III V2 PRO Blackwood

Brainwavz M1, M2, M3

I have not heard these myself and they are a part of a list of bassy IEMs created by a few other Head-Fi'ers found at The Basshead Club thread in my sig.

Oct 18, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #9 of 14
Sony EX310 (highely recommended), JVC XX, UE Metro-Fi 220.

Oct 18, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #10 of 14
well yes,.. they are boomy and you would like it overall.. they are indeed the most sold inexpensive iems.. not as good as the turbines but definietly upto par with them

Oct 18, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #11 of 14
The cx300s are straight up trash. I think the turbines are also poor IEMs but they are much much better than the cx300. Someone mentioned the Xears TD III blackwood. I really enjoyed those with a little EQ. The bass was excellent and overall superior sound quality compared to the turbines.

Oct 18, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #13 of 14
Well the thing is, almost all listening devices sound good, until you hear something better. And even then, there are a few that throw you for a loop. I was listening to stock free earbuds I got from an iriver DAP I bought over 5 years ago, that I just found while cleaning, and I was stunned by their quality. For free, that is. They could easily sell for $20. That was nice of them to include something decent in their DAPs. Of course, compared to my full-size cans and more expensive IEMs, they're trash lol.

Quote:
umm i think everyone has there opinions..the best bet is to try it out urself.. what u find in one IEM you would find in another..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back