Lost my SuperFi 5 Pro's, What to get next?
Sep 21, 2011 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

CosmosMpower

New Head-Fier
I'm not a huge audiophile but I appreciate good quality.  I bought a pair of UE SuperFi Pro 5's about 3 years ago and they've served me well.  I seem to have misplaced them and I'm looking for a replacement.  I was happy with the sound quality of the UE's but they were too big to stay and seal in my ear without having to re-seat them often. 

I don't want to spend as much this time (I think I paid around $200 for the UE).  Maybe $100-$150 budget.  Looking for something with good sound quality, and fits my ear canals a bit better.  I really liked that the UE's had replaceable cables since I went through a set or two when I owned them.  I mostly listen to acoustic stuff (Matt Nathanson, as well as some indie type stuff like Phoenix). 

Looking for suggestions and best places to buy. 

Sep 21, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
If you enjoyed the sound signature of the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi Pro 5 but didn't like the uncomfortable fit, I would take a look at the Ultimate Ears 600 or perhaps even making a pair of custom earphones from Kozee.

Thanks, I'll check out the 600's.  Is the sound quality/build as good as the SuperFi Pro 5's?  The price range is quite affordable.  Any other brands to consider?  Just from a quick browse on the board it seems like the Brainwavz brand is pretty popular?

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks that is an amazing thread and an overwhelming amount of info.  The chart at the bottom is especially useful for a starting point to then go read the reviews.

So far I'm thinking about

Jays Q-Jays (for the small fitment size)
Westone 2

Anything else to consider in that range?  How do those 2 compare to the SuperFi Pro 5's for sound quality and fitment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back