LOST All Over Again (Spoiler Alert)
Mar 2, 2006 at 11:43 PM Post #17 of 21
I thought the most interesting thing was in the middle of the episode when Ethan was talking to the leader of the others. He was suppose to make a list before bringing her in? I'm assuming a list of all the children or maybe just a list of the good people. Thats what Goodwin, the "other" that Anna Lucia killed said in an earlier episode. Then they mentioned that "he" wasn't going to be happy. So I guess there's someone in charge that we haven't met yet. I get the feeling that Ethan was suppose to do the same thing that Goodwin did, but since his cover got blown they abandoned their plan.

Mar 3, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #18 of 21
Last night's episode was pretty good... but could someone remind me as to who Ethan is? I can't recall... by the way, those links were very interesting.

Mar 3, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
Last night's episode was pretty good... but could someone remind me as to who Ethan is? I can't recall... by the way, those links were very interesting.

Ethan was an "other" who infiltrated the survivor's camp in season 1, ended up kidnapping Claire, nearly killing Charlie, and getting shot before anybody could interrogate him.

He was also the dude with the syringe last night.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:00 AM Post #20 of 21
Some interesting thoughts on the show in this post.

I just DL'd it and watched it because I forgot it was on last night...during the first season I couldn't wait for the next episode, not the case this season.

Lost may unfortunately be slipping down the slippery slope that the X Files did in the last 2-3 seasons. The writers had no idea how to end the show so they kept putting out incoherent and disjointed stories. Big disappointment to fans.

Some interesting things...

*The thing above baby Aaron's cradle with the planes.
- Remember what Kate's favorite possesion was--that ske killed for? An airplane.

*Where did Desmond go (South African guy in the Dharma hatch)? Presumabely he has the vaccine and is with the Others?

*Locke being a l'il b---h and throwing plates around after Henry tried to pit him against Jack. I was pretty upset with how they appeared to pull a complete 180 with the Locke charatcer here. Either, he is still having self confidence/abandonment issues or is trying to intentionally concede "power" to Henry in order to see what his true intentions are.

The latter makes more sense b/c Locke probably realizes that conventional methods (i.e. torture) aren't working on Henry. These guys may be ex-military (Henry and the Others)---->Their combat skills (i.e. Ethan threw a serious beating on Charlie, I believe). Plus, their somewhat paramilitary organization (clearly defined leader, group cohesion etc etc)

Remember the psychic that was freaked out when he read Claire's future? I think he was so upset with his visions because he saw the potential of the Others being evil....

The Others are evil
Dharma employees are The Others
.: Dharma is more than likely evil.

Also, if Dharma's "initiative" was legit, then it wouldn't be as cloak and dagger.

Mar 3, 2006 at 12:20 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by SennFan
Some interesting thoughts on the show in this post.

I just DL'd it and watched it because I forgot it was on last night...during the first season I couldn't wait for the next episode, not the case this season.

Lost may unfortunately be slipping down the slippery slope that the X Files did in the last 2-3 seasons. The writers had no idea how to end the show so they kept putting out incoherent and disjointed stories. Big disappointment to fans.

Some interesting things...

*The thing above baby Aaron's cradle with the planes.
- Remember what Kate's favorite possesion was--that ske killed for? An airplane.

*Where did Desmond go (South African guy in the Dharma hatch)? Presumabely he has the vaccine and is with the Others?

*Locke being a l'il b---h and throwing plates around after Henry tried to pit him against Jack. I was pretty upset with how they appeared to pull a complete 180 with the Locke charatcer here. Either, he is still having self confidence/abandonment issues or is trying to intentionally concede "power" to Henry in order to see what his true intentions are.

The latter makes more sense b/c Locke probably realizes that conventional methods (i.e. torture) aren't working on Henry. These guys may be ex-military (Henry and the Others)---->Their combat skills (i.e. Ethan threw a serious beating on Charlie, I believe). Plus, their somewhat paramilitary organization (clearly defined leader, group cohesion etc etc)

Remember the psychic that was freaked out when he read Claire's future? I think he was so upset with his visions because he saw the potential of the Others being evil....

The Others are evil
Dharma employees are The Others
.: Dharma is more than likely evil.

Also, if Dharma's "initiative" was legit, then it wouldn't be as cloak and dagger.

Nice post. Unfortunatley, I agree with much of what you say (including the part of ideas becoming disjointed and murky, like the X-files).

Yes, there is the plane motif, but that just may be creepy symbolism. There is clearly a large theme about how many of the passengers (or their families) were inter-related prior to the crash. We get more and more of that on the bac-stories. Just the other week, Kate's dad was the American GI helping out Sayid in Kuwait/Iraq.

And I agree that there is a connection between the military and Dharma (which now clearly involves the Others). I actually thought that the US military was trying to infiltrate Dharma ~20 years ago. There was that clue about an Army knife.

I'm still not sure about Locke. I think you are on the right track with how he is struggling with power/control issues with jack. And this prisoner is clearly a difficult issues for the leaders to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back