LOST All Over Again (Spoiler Alert)
Mar 2, 2006 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

gratefulshrink

Headphoneus Supremus
After a bit of a "slump", I thought tonight's episode brought some excitement back to the show.

Fairly freaky how the connection between the Others and the Dharma initiative is being sketched out for us.

Any thoughts on this?

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #3 of 21
I have to disagree here, I thought the last few new episodes of Lost were fairly strong, and this one was a bit bland. The connection between Dharma and the Others was fairly obvious, so the only two "hints" we got tonight were:
1. The French woman's daughter saved Claire from the Others
2. The conversation between the prisoner and Locke makes it clear he is trying to cause dissention, which probably means he is one of the Others.

We are left with the same question as we were before: why did the Others want Claire's baby? So basically, we got nothing.

I do have one question of my own, what did Echo cut with his knife when he confessed to the prisoner?

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye
what did Echo cut with his knife when he confessed to the prisoner?

Part of his beard.

Mr. Echo is, by far, the most intriguing character on the show, imo.

The Island (in capitals, since it is a living force), is all about addressing each person's own internal demons. Whatever we see are just physical manifestations of them. This episode was clearly about Claire. The Island has brought her to realize the true feelings she has for her baby (one she was planning to give up for adoption prior to the plane crash).

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #5 of 21
The object he cut was his little "beard thing" he had going on. I thought last weeks was better than this weeks; but I do agree it has been a bit bland of recent.

I thought what Kate found in the locker was interesting; it shows us that the others perhaps aren't really living the tough life on the island that we thought they were.

I also thought it was interesting that now we know for sure that there actually is some disease on the island that the others have probably been vacinated against. Up until this point it could have been any number of tropical pathogens making them sick. I'm a microbiology nerd; so i think its neat.

@EyeAmEye: I could see the writters writing in the dissention he is causing just to stir the audience up a bit. I predict that the guy isn't an other; he is what he says he is, and is simply trying to cause trouble to get out of the armory. But you never know.

Do you guys ever get the feeling that when the series does come to an end down the road that it is going to be the most dissapointing ending ever with no real resolution of whats going on, just something completely random. Or even worse they never tell you so that way it will all just be driven crazy by not knowing.

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by sagekoala

Do you guys ever get the feeling that when the series does come to an end down the road that it is going to be the most dissapointing ending ever with no real resolution of whats going on, just something completely random. Or even worse they never tell you so that way it will all just be driven crazy by not knowing.

The whole thing will probably end up being some little kid's dream.

Mar 2, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
The whole thing will probably end up being some little kid's dream.

Hahah. That would kind of rule if the producers did a big What? to the audience like that. Jack, Kate, Locke, and co. are all part of an autistic kid's imagination and the island is inside a snow globe.

"Come on, son, let's wash our hands"
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 6:49 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Hahah. That would kind of rule if the producers did a big What? to the audience like that. Jack, Kate, Locke, and co. are all part of an autistic kid's imagination and the island is inside a snow globe.

"Come on, son, let's wash our hands"
tongue.gif

I'm glad someone got the reference.
wink.gif
Bet you they use the same kid for both shows. He's got one hell of an imagination I tell you what.

Mar 2, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #10 of 21
I can't remember where I saw it but there was a theory somewhere online that the island is in it's own sort of magnetic field. There were a lot of interesting points that they made about it. I know I'm not giving a lot of info...lol...I'll edit this in a bit, I'm gonna try and find the site...

Edit: okay I found The site...It's a really good read. Let me know what you think...it all makes a lot of sense to me...

Edit 2: I never registered for the site before, just read the link that I put here...but I just registered now, and the theory is a lot more in depth now. If you're interested you should register and have a look...

Mar 2, 2006 at 7:23 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Senn20
I like how Dharma makes their own fake beard glue.

that was really funny to me as well. that was the most memorable moment of the episode.

Mar 2, 2006 at 2:00 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless

The site...It's a really good read. Let me know what you think...it all makes a lot of sense to me...

Thanks for the link....very interesting read indeed. Its the best theory i have come across.

Mar 2, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #13 of 21
The guy in the armory is fake. His name is Henry Gale, a balloonist from MN? You ever see the Wizard of Oz? His story isn't very original.

Mar 2, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

We are left with the same question as we were before: why did the Others want Claire's baby? So basically, we got nothing.

Probably for the same reason they wanted Walt, which still doesn't explain anything.

Mar 2, 2006 at 10:21 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Mr. Echo is, by far, the most intriguing character on the show, imo.

Yes! I defintely agree. He embodies all the characteristics of the main players -- a leader like Jack, a competent tracker like Locke or Sayid, spritual like Locke, capable of battle like Sayid, etc, -- yet combines all these features in a unique, mysterious, and powerful way. He is on his own mission, which we have yet to discern.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagekoala
I thought what Kate found in the locker was interesting; it shows us that the others perhaps aren't really living the tough life on the island that we thought they were.

I also thought it was interesting that now we know for sure that there actually is some disease on the island that the others have probably been vacinated against. Up until this point it could have been any number of tropical pathogens making them sick. I'm a microbiology nerd; so i think its neat.

@EyeAmEye: I could see the writters writing in the dissention he is causing just to stir the audience up a bit. I predict that the guy isn't an other; he is what he says he is, and is simply trying to cause trouble to get out of the armory. But you never know.

Yes, the locker finding was eye-opening. Things ain't what they seem to be.

The whole disease/pathogen/quarratine thing is a bit fuzzy -- I'm sure we'll get alot more on this...

I'm not sure about the Henry guy -- but he certainly is devious (whether he is an Other or not).

About your last comment -- I am worried a bit out that too. The end, if it ever arrives, may be an anti-climax. That happened with the calssic British 60s show, The Prisoner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen
Probably for the same reason they wanted Walt, which still doesn't explain anything.

WEll, the Others clearly are obsessed with stealing children. It must play into the whole disease/pathogen thing. Last night I wondered if they had all become sterile (due to the "disease") and needed to steal children to keep their population growing. Alternatively, i wondered if kids somehow provide natural immunity to the disease. Come to think of it, maybe Aaron was infected with something, but has already developed antibodies.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back